“fabulous food”

The Boars Head Hotel Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Boars Head Hotel Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I have been several times including today for
lunch, the food is excellent and well worth a visit. The staff are also very pleasant and obliging, makes a nice change from some of the other eating establishments we have been too. Just one word and it has to be EXCELLENT. Thank you to you all. We will be back again soon.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Good menu of classic dishes and specials, welcoming staff, friendly atmosphere, efficient service, and good value, with Real Home cooked delicious Food and Generous portions , will definitely be back soon.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Called today 07/08/13 for a quick snack on the way home from Lancaster and ended up having 2 courses absolute top drawer ,Thanks.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I would like to thank Derek and his team for making my 60th birthday celebration special. The staff were brilliant and very helpful, along with superb food, good beer and wine. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the evening. So thank you Derek, an evening I and others will remember for a long time

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stopped and for once the car park was not full (we have tried in the past and found nowhere to park - even the overflow car park previously full!) so we entered this pub/restaurant for an evening meal - we have been before a few years ago but I think it might have changed hands since our last visit. The place is rather dark probably due in part to the dark furniture and rather old lighting in the restaurant part - apparently that will be rectified eventually with new lighting. Whilst the meal was lovely the decor did make it hard (I couldn't see whether salt and pepper were coming out of the salt/pepper pots!). Hubby had lamb shank and the meat fell off the bone and he said tasted great - he doesn't like mash so they were quite happy to substitute that with chips. I had sausage and mash along with two yorkies - bit of a strange alternative to the sausage and mash in a yorkshire pudding, think I would have preferred it in a large yorkie, however, that said it was very nice. We decided against a pudding (although there was a good selection). Price was reasonable in this day and age of rising prices under £30 which included one drink (one pint one soft drink) each.
I would return despite all this as it was good value for money and nice food.
The staff were really nice and friendly and nothing was too much bother.