“This is small town Bohol - don't expect a Radisson Blu!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tubigon
The Monina RM Midtown Inn & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 4 Tubigon B&B and Inns
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“This is small town Bohol - don't expect a Radisson Blu!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visiting my girlfriend in Tubigon meant a six night stay at the Monina RM Midtown Inn, the best hotel in town. Well it might be the best in town but don't expect too much. Making a reservation was a little difficult as I had no reply to my online request from their website. Several e-mails later and with a little help from my girlfriend all was resolved. A 50% deposit was requested which is a little difficult as this is a cash only establishment but that minor problem was also resoIved.

I had a deluxe room which was on the third floor. First problem for those with a large bag or case - its stairs only! There is nothing fancy about the room - it serves the purpose and nothing more. Nothing more needs to be said about the bathroom as it has been said before in other reviews! A bad idea all round! The air conditioner is too low to the floor and really is a little too small for the size of the room and takes a while to cool the room to 24-25 degrees. But the bed is comfortable enough. Don't expect the room to be cleaned everyday automatically! Ask and you may receive if you really want clean towels everyday.

The restaurant is open nearly all day subject to the vagaries of functions! The food is nothing fancy but it is good and tasty, helpings are sizeable. The price is very good by Australian standards. If you need wifi, it is available in the restaurant only, free of charge but you would not know as it is not mentioned anywhere in the hotel apart from a small sign in the restaurant. Ask the waiter for the security code to logon.

Staff were generally quite friendly at all times. It is only a short walk into the centre of Tubigon. Road noise from the main road can be intrusive at times.

Whilst the place could certainly do with a good deep clean and general tidy up, it is acceptable enough and certainly better than some dodgy motels I have stayed at in other parts of the world.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Ian M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Doha
Reviewed July 29, 2012

While I was writing our Cebu-Bohol itinerary, I thought that it would be good for me and my family to spend a night in Tubigon if we are coming from Cebu, and do the Bohol countryside tour the following morning. Searching the web for hotels in and around Tubigon gave me Monina RM as a result, amongst others.

To begin with, Monina RM Midtown is the only DOT-accredited (or registered) hotel in the vicinity at that time, which made me choose it over the rest since we were travelling with kids and it was our first time in Bohol. Getting further information about the hotel, its rooms, and services was easy. Ms. Sherryl, the hotel manager was prompt in replying my e-mails and was very patient in answering my queries. She made the reservation for us without asking for a reservation fee, and I really appreciate the trust they put on their clients. She even arranged for our countryside tour package. The tour, van, and driver-guide were also DOT-accredited. The price was competitive as compared to other tour-transport services considering a tour that included 13 attractions with a drop off at Panglao Island as a final stop. In addition, since our pick up time the following morning was 7am, Ms. Sherryl made a special arrangement with the restaurant to prepare our breakfast as early as 6:30am (the restaurant normally does not serve breakfast that early). I wanted to thank Ms. Sherryl on the evening of our arrival but I was not able to meet her personally. Thanks much, Ms. Sherryl and to our van driver-guide who was very pleasant, polite and helpful. The front desk woman was very welcoming as well. She made check in a breeze. Two thumbs up for the customer service!

I couldn't comment further about the hotel except for my personal experience during our overnight stay. Monina RM Midtown Hotel is not a fancy hotel. The facade was well kept, with neatly trimmed ornamental bushes. There is a covered seating area just infront of the main entrance with wooden seats replica of the old calesa. Infront of the hotel is a vacant lot with trees and I just loved listening to the sounds of the crickets in the silence of the night!

Our room which was located on the 2nd floor, was spacious enough to accommodate my family of 4 --3 adults and 1 child (we requested for an extra mattress). It has a terrace overlooking the pool and the countryside. Overall, we had a restful night. Expect some mosquitos in the room since there are many trees around. As for us, we brought Off lotion and requested our room to be sprayed with insect killer (which housekeeping promptly did).

The food in the restaurant was also good, with big servings of rice :) and service staffs were very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lam0r
Australia
Reviewed May 9, 2012

agree that the bathrooms were built back to front, so everything gets wet, should have been basin toilet shower not shower near the door. air cond is low near the floor which makes the floor freezing cold and slippery with condensation. architects first design job? next time i hope he learns that heat rises and cold goes down. in spite of all this we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank titoxqld
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 3, 2010

If you are trying to catch a Roro ferry to Cebu from Tubigon or a Roro ferry to Leyte from Ubay, this is the place to stay.

It not only provides decent accomidations for those two purposes, but for others that are wishing to find affordable and comfortable accomidations in the north half of Bohol.

The only issues we had were that the bathrooms in the superior rooms were too small. Shower and toilet all in the same place. You cannot take a shower woithout wetting the toilet and everything in the vicinity.

There is a nice pool in the back, the hotel is supported buy a generator (if necessary) and there are aircons in the rooms. THere is no internet in the rooms, but it can be found on the premises.

Overall, a good place to sit back and relax a while.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Mcook95
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tubigon
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Bohol
Ocean Suites Boutique Hotel Boho...
#1 of 11 in Tagbilaran City
Villa del Carmen Bed & Breakfast
7P2 Bed and Breakfast
7P2 Bed and Breakfast
#2 of 4 in Carmen

Been to The Monina RM Midtown Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!