“Still good - but why only a few guests on a Saturday night?”
Review of Aubergine

Aubergine
Ranked #56 of 622 Restaurants in Taguig City
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Aubergine Restaurant and Patisserie was established as an apprenticeship venue for International School for Culinary Arts and Hotel Management (ISCAHM) students for a thorough training in the same way as working in a first-class and fine-dining restaurant and in a 5-star hotel set-up kitchen. But it is the first and foremost world class restaurant that quickly carved its niche in the Philippine dining scene and beyond. Furthermore, Aubergine has earned the nod of a number of award-giving bodies including the Miele Guide, naming it as Asia's Top 20 Best Restaurants.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Been to Aubergine on a number of occasion and have never been let down in terms of food, service and expectation. We always opted for the Degustation Menu, which has an excellent value in total when compared to the a la carte dishes. They offer corkage, if you want to bring your own wine (champagne Php 1000,- and wine Php 750,- / bottle), which is good. Food was excellent as usual, but we were wondering why on a Saturday night (prime time 7 pm) only 4 tables were occupied. This certainly wasn't the case before. Not that it bothered us, just wondering why such a nice place is not patronized as it used to be a few years ago?

1  Thank Frequent_Traveler_DE
There are newer reviews for Aubergine

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had my recent Valentine's Day dinner date there with my partner, and our first time to try out the place. They were right to say that the food tastes great. We loved tasting every bite of every dish sent our way. The restaurant also has a very romantic vibe, and music is not loud (people don't to talk loudly because of that). Never mind the expensive food. It's really worth it.

The only glaring downside is the very slow service. It took us 3 hours to finish our dinner because we waited long for the next dish to be served. It would have been perfect if WE were dictating the pace, not the servers. There were times that the waiters forget what we requested for, even though the restaurant doesn't seem to be at full capacity even on Valentine's Day, and the menu for that day was fixed for everyone.

3  Thank kikoman8
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The place was empty when we arrived. You'd think service would be good? There was no one around. When I found a waitress, I gave our order, which was just dessert and coffee. 15 minutes later, I asked if we could have the coffee. Apparently, the waitress did not convey my order. The manager came out after a while t apologize but we just left. Service stinks and the waitresses have n attitude. Stay away.

3  Thank javemar
Reviewed February 19, 2013

So you have to see this from 2 perspectives, the food and the service. I feel that the waiters and waitresses are more newcomers whilst the kitchen must have greater experience as the food was very good.
Waiting staff need to understand that as a customer I value their personal opinion, but I expect them to be able to speak from first hand experience and they need to establish credibility. For someone to bring me the chalkboard of specials and read word for word what is written there insults my intelligence. I am capable of reading. Otherwise why give me a menu?
The food though was a different level. Very creative, a good temperature and tasty.
Summary - worth a visit but I'm not sure I would go here for a special personal occasion.

4  Thank GarryPy
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had dinner at Aubergine's Restaurants & Patisserie at Fort Bonifacio, Taguig. The Restuarant is located at 2nd Floor of the Bldg.,...They served a variety of delicious dishes and we enjoyed our food. The presentation is very unique and appealing. We ordered Aubergine Prawn served w/ Saffron potato & vegetable and we tried the Angus Beef. It's really unforgetable experience and i will recommend it to my friends.

2  Thank Mary Jean D