“Urban sophistication, down to earth service”

Seda Bonifacio Global City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Taguig City
Hout Bay, South Africa
“Urban sophistication, down to earth service”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We arrived weary from a long flight, and this hotel was the most welcome haven. The receptionist was warm and kind, she made the booking process smooth and easygoing. A bellhop brought our luggage to the room, where we were blown away by fantastic views over the city and swimming pool. our room was very stylish, but not at all cold. The bathrooms are spacious and equipped with fantastic toiletries in case you forgot anything.

This place literally has it all. our first evening there we took a nap in the deliciously comfortable king sized bed with crisp linens. Put on our fluffy bathrobes and went for a swim in the big pool overlooking the surrounds. Then we had a shower and headed up to the rooftop bar for sun down and really affordable drinks. After that, straight out the door and immediately to the left is one of the coolest shopping/restaurant quarters in Manila. It's all outdoors and very European, with world class brands on sale if you're into shopping and fantastic sidewalk restaurants if you're hungry.

Back to the hotel after Vietnamese food for a brilliant, most welcome sleep. The next morning we left early and nearly forgot, but the staff were running after our car at 6.30am with a packed breakfast. And yes, we were impressed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wisdomtraveller
SedaBGCTeam, Public Relations Manager at Seda Bonifacio Global City, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We are thrilled by your positive feedback, thank you very much! We hope your travels bring you back to Manila and to Seda BGC!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This was very nice hotel located at a very nice area. I really enjoyed my stay here, amenities were great, the room is clean and they have a nice rooftop bar. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because of the breakfast, they just need to manage it properly since it gets really packed in the morning. You can't barely find seats, also when we got there, the food wasn't refilled right away so there wasn't much left even though it was still early. We also asked for milk for our hot beverage , we waited but it never came, we had to remind one of the staff members but still they forgot about it and finally we had to approach one of them again to ask for the milk, so we finally got it. Other than that, it was a very nice hotel and near shopping area too. It is also very accessible to Makati (Greenbelt and Glorietta area) and the airport.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LeajuneB
SedaBGCTeam, Public Relations Manager at Seda Bonifacio Global City, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have taken note of the areas for improvement and relayed this to our staff to make sure the necessary steps are taken to avoid similar incidents. We hope you can visit us again soon.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 15, 2013

First of all I would like to commend the entire staff. Literally everybody that I had interaction with at the property were highly professional, cordial, and friendly. My stay was during the typhoon passing through and they all remained "calm during the storm." I found the staff very responsive to my few needs as more than helpful when asking for directions or even cab information. The location is perfect for walks in the BGC area, particularly the Fort area. The property is very clean and the rooftop bar is a nice evening spot for beverage and conversation. If/when I return to this area I would most definitely stay at this hotel again. If you take a cab from the airport insist on the fare being based upon the meter and it should cost no more than 300PHP. For some reason cab drivers think they can charge a "tourist tax."

Room Tip: Higher floors provide you with nice views of the city both during the day and at night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ken S
Thank you for your highly-encouraging comments. We look forward to your next visit to Seda BGC.
Singapore
Reviewed November 10, 2013

It was my first time staying in this hotel, but i had the most amazing service - its like a rescue damsel in distress.
I made a terrible mistake when i did an internet booking. Same Seda hotel, but its in wrong location! I reached Seda Bonifacio to check in after a long day of work at around 8pm. Hungry and tired. When i was told that they didnt have my reservation, and when we realised its my mistake of booking in some province, they assured me that they will call them to cancel the booking and assured that i would not need to pay any cancellation fee. (yhew!)
That night, despite the close to 100% occupany, they checked me in. In addition, they tried to call other hotels for the 2nd night booking since they were at 100% occupany. I am very touched and definite pleased.
Thank you for the effort.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SedaBGCTeam, Public Relations Manager at Seda Bonifacio Global City, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. We have three hotels currently – Seda BGC in Metro Manila, Seda Centrio in Cagayan de Oro and Seda Abreeza in Davao. We are happy to accommodate guests as long as we have rooms and will adjust or lend assistance, as necessary, to respond to their concerns. Our good relations with other hotels enables us to help visitors with their inquiries on related matters. We hope you can visit Manila again and stay at Seda BGC a second time.
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My girl friends and I decided to do a staycation for the long weekend instead of going out of town. We chose Seda because it's new and the price was lower compared to other nearby hotels.
We chose to go to Seda to make a reservation instead of doing it online because it was cheaper by at least Php1,000. For 3 girls on a budget, that is a lot. However, we ended up paying the same online price and all the guy did to try to resolve the problem was to say' I'm sorry for that'. During the booking, I specifically asked the lady in the reception if 5,500 is all that we'll pay including taxes and whatnots. She gave me a clear yes. At the end we paid 6,400+.

Moving on, I call this a LITE hotel not only because it is small. I think it's best for solo travelers. They have several meeting spaces but their restaurant is cramped on the lobby floor, gym is too crowded, and not much space in the room. Although Seda is in a good location, it's not advisable for a staycation hotel.

Poor attention to details. When we got in our room it was only set for two so we had to remind them that we reserved it for three. They added another bed ONLY. I had to call again for additional tower, toothbrush and others. That's really simple.

I don't know if the fridge wasn't working but all of our drinks were warm.
This hotel is really clean though. The pool is okay size.Breakfast was really nice!

Maybe just improve on customer service and communication. Also, price should be the last thing that a hotel should get wrong with. Whoever that girl was who made our reservation, she has to be trained more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Madamnica
SedaBGCTeam, Public Relations Manager at Seda Bonifacio Global City, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for trying our boutique hotel. We are happy that you enjoyed the breakfast and the pool. We have been running high in occupancy and as such, our facilities like the restaurant and gym have been quite busy. We apologize for the misunderstanding about the rate. We have called the attention of the staff involved to make sure this does not happen again and reminded Housekeeping to ensure that the amenities match the number of people in the room. As well, we have asked our Engineering to check the refrigerator in the room for any repairs or adjustments needed. We hope you can stay with us again in the future.
Taguig
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. Great location for shopping, food and nightlife. The room is clean, very good ambiance, the room has a wide window that gives great view of the busy City. Comfy bed and clean bed sheets. The service is OK but a little slow. We loved the roof deck bar and its great overlooking view, the toned down music is perfect for unwinding. My husband liked the room interior for its simple yet modern design. We would love to stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Angela C
Thank you for your kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again at Seda BGC.
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Rooms are clean. I found the bathroom strange since there was nothing to separate the shower area to the toilet bowl and sink. The bathroom didn't have hooks to hang clothes with. However, the checking in was quite time consuming. There were 3 receptionists and they were all servicing just 1 guest while I was waiting in line. I thought they would call for my turn immediately since they were three. I had to assert my turn since it was already taking a long time for me to wait. The doorman butted in and told me to oh back in line. I told him that I should be served pronto since there were 3 receptionists. That was the only time they accommodated me. First impression at the front desk was already a major fail for them. They made this impression that they weren't enthusiastic to help guests. Even the person behind the concierge also oretended no to see more than 1 guest checking in. Disappointing in terms of front desk service.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank pepperchip
SedaBGCTeam, Public Relations Manager at Seda Bonifacio Global City, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We have called the attention of our staff about your experience and assure you that it will not happen again. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you give us another chance to serve you at Seda BGC.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taguig City
The Peninsula Manila
The Peninsula Manila
#4 of 83 in Makati
Ascott Bonifacio Global City Manila

Been to Seda Bonifacio Global City? Share your experiences!