Quick review after my first stay at Seda - having mostly stayed in the Makati "classics" (Shangri-La, Mandarin, Fairmont): don't be blinded by the many excellent ratings - Seda has a few strong points (in particular location), but also a few real weaknesses.
- Location - excellent for all BCG / The Fort businesses and entertainment venues, High Street is just behind the hotel, with its many shops and (few good) restaurants all in walking distance
- Room size, and quality of bedding - the rooms are large, have (at the higher floors at least) nice views over The Fort and the city, and have v comfortable beds, large TV, and are overall quite well designed
- Staff friendliness: overall, all staff was helpful and tried to make my stay a good experience
What's less good
1. Efficiency overall of the hotel - this hotel is clearly not up to the "speed and efficiency" on many aspects that frequent and rushed travellers would expect. Just to name a few things
** Check-in and Check-out are slow - lots of paperwork and clicks for the staff, and totally insufficient number of computers / desks for a hotel of this size
** Only two elevators for a 15-story hotel, and those are on the rather small size. Given that many families seem to visit they often held the doors until the very last of the (large) family members had arrived, which made the experience of going up and down even slower
** Internet is free, but painfully slow. It's already bad at Makati Shang, but sending larger files here becomes truly an exercise in keeping your calm...
* The "club" offers no real advantage, and the opening / service times are way too limited
2. Average building quality, some elements of rooms just "cheap": doors are thin, and don't close very well - so you can perfectly listen to any conversation people have in the corridors. Some of the furniture in my room looked quite used already - though this is a quite new hotel, due to rather cheap materials used. Hangers in the wardrobe are of the nasty "special hotel hangers" which you have to fiddle back into the wardrobe - for a four-star hotel that's clearly below standard. Even low-end Accor Ibis hotels nowadays have proper hangers.
3. The restaurant aka breakfast area is way too small to accommodate the large amount of people in the morning - we had to sit outside which was OK given that the cooler time of the year is approaching, but in the summer time this is clearly not an option
4. There is in theory a "rooftop bar", but the outside area was closed when I went up, and the atmosphere inside is really sad - freezing from the aircon, a design that lacks projecting any intimacy or inviting character - better walk over to Skye Bar for a great rooftop bar experience. Missed opportunity.
So all in all the best choice in BCG / The Fort - but that's merely for location, and due to a lack in competition. If you want a bit of luxury at often comparable rates, and don't mind the car ride you're better off in Makati...
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Seda Bonifacio Global City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seda Bonifacio Global City Taguig City, Philippines - Metro Manila