“Convenient but not total up to the mark”

Seda Bonifacio Global City
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Taguig City
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have to agree with previous reviews. Here are my list of complains
1. Checking in took me nearly 30 minutes, when my colleagues took only less than 5 minutes. Not too sure why but we all had the same booking.
2. Toilet floor flooded with water (not flowing down the drainage properly) after every shower. Need to use all towels to dry the floor otherwise it was slippery!
3. Very limited breakfast variety and tables (the other reviewer was right when he/she mentioned that some even ate at the couches and internet facility at the reception.
4. Staff in restaurant was not polite and helpful. Used plates and cups were left on table after meals and were not cleaned up promptly.

My pros are
1. Room is new and clean (only the toilet problem)
2. Right next to high street and SM Aura - lots of eateries and shopping
3. Near to airport
4. Nice rooftop bar with decent view of the town.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank alvin_g
SedaBGCTeam, Public Relations Manager at Seda Bonifacio Global City, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to check-in our guests as fast as we did your colleagues. In the absence of more details on the delay in checking you in, we would like to request for more information so that we can trace the source and make sure it is managed in a better manner in the future. We are checking our drainage system for the cause of your concern and will certainly make sure to rectify whatever is necessary. Breakfast is quite busy especially when we are running full house. Our advantage is that the lobby, e-lounge, and Misto restaurant were designed so that people can move freely within these areas and they can work while dining or surf while having coffee or grab a bite without losing time. Our restaurant staff, while making sure to clean up tables, also attend to guest orders and render other forms of assistance. We hope these address your concerns.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

While the hotel is centrally located close to restaurants etc and the rooms are OK but unlikely to stay here again.

I was disappointed with the overall service. This includes:

-I booked via a corporate rate our company has with this hotel for a Deluxe King Room. On arrival I was informed only a twin room was available. The reception claim that they could not confirm the room until they know I am definitely coming. I found this rather surprising since we had pre-booked an airport transfer with the hotel so they knew exactly when we would be arriving. Receptionist had no answer to this as she knew I was right!

-Breakfast was included in the rate, but the breakfast area is woefully short of tables. On most days I would see guests eating breakfast on the couches in reception.

-No iron in the rooms. When I rang house-keeping they told me they had run out.

The gym is OK, 2 treadmills, few bikes and some weights. The rooftop bar is quite nice as well.

Will now travelling to Taguig regularly, and I now know our company has a rate with the Westin which is a few hundred meters away … I think I know where I will be staying in future!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank pies1311

Thank you for your feedback. We try to accommodate all guestroom preferences but the final room assignment can only be confirmed at check-in especially in periods of high occupancy. We apologize that we were unable to provide you a room with a king bed. For breakfast, we offer indoor and outdoor seating and during peak hours, guests who arrive later are offered beverages in the lounge while we prepare a table for them in the restaurant. Irons and ironing boards are provided on a first come first served basis and we apologize that all the sets were out when you requested for one. We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you at Seda BGC.

Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Seda is right beside Bonifacio high Street, next to Muji. A few steps away from shops, restos, spa. We also walked the short distance to SM Aura. The hotel is fairly new, less than a year old. The bed and pillows are comfy, service is good, and the hotel smells nice. It's less than an hour's drive from the airport.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wanderingfreenow

Thank you for your comments. We are happy that you had a comfortable stay and appreciated our staff. We hope you stay with us again on your next trip to Manila.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

They don't clean the rooms, no new water supply and staff are all unfriendly. The card key is not working, I changed it twice within 10 days of staying there.

Also the horror of seeing an unclean towel on the bathroom that seemed used wiping the floor.

You will find the room the same room when you left it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Orchid Z
SedaBGCTeam, Public Relations Manager at Seda Bonifacio Global City, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

We realize that you were upset over the circumstances and to help us find out more about the matter, we have sent you a private email through this site. Thank you, we hope that you can give us another chance to be of service to you again.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel end of june 2013 i loved the hotel i loved everything about it. the hotel is in a very good location and in a very posh area not too far from the airport.the hotel itself has great service the staff are very helpfull and polite the breakfast is excellent with lots of choices.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Taus U

Thank you very much! We hope you can visit Manila again soon and that you stay with us at Seda BGC.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

totally clueless security staff.

went here for an interview with a US based employer. security staff had no idea what functions were going on in their hotel and refused to let us in the main entrance. they kept giving wrong directions on where to go. they thought we were there for an interview for THEIR hotel even though we kept explaining that we were not.

• Stayed: October 2013
SedaBGCTeam, Public Relations Manager at Seda Bonifacio Global City, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the misunderstanding on the purpose of your visit. We have discussed the incident with our Security department who have immediately scheduled a re-training on handling guest inquiries. They were also reminded about the importance of knowing the nature of hotel functions which they are briefed on daily.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We checked in on a weekend. The front desk staff can't find my reservation . Turned out the phone reservations officer messed up . Didn't received an e-mail confirmation , that's why one day prior I called up the hotel and they even confirmed it, so how come there's a problem ? Anyway the front desk staff was smart enough to offer us a suite upgrade in a smoking floor . Even though there is a hindrance since my daughter is an asthmatic and my spouse cannot tolerate the smell of cigarette smoke we accepted it since we do not want to ruin our very short staycation . What we initially requested was a queen size bed with an extra bed for a triple sharing set up.
The suite was huge , with some kitchen facilities , and it is indeed quite functional with anything basic you need. There are 2 flat screen TV with multiple channel selection. Airconditioning is no problem . So is the bathroom which has a fair number of amenities . We had a good view from our suite, which is a vastly improving global city skyline . Internet is fast , and complimentary which is one thing i like , and should be offered by hotels in this digital age . Location- simply excellent , better location compared to F1 hotel , very much near shops, restaurants and the market mall . Breakfast buffet selection was good enough , it doesn't need to be overwhelming in choices as long as it serves what you basically need. I liked my pasta , sausage and curry served during that time. Never got to try the swimming pool and health club .There was an E-Lounge in the lobby where you can have your internet fix. Tried going to the skyroof lounge that evening but it was full , I can't find a seat , and it was quite uncomfortable because of the humid temperature. This is a nice boutique hotel , but don't expect someone opening doors for you unlike those deluxe hotels in makati . But staff service was good, most of them greeting and giving sincere smiles everywhere , being professional in every aspect. Upon checking out, the pretty front desk staff would ask me if I enjoyed my stay , and encouraged me to come back. My reply to her is that Yes, and I would definitely come back in the near future.

Room Tip: higher floors facing the global city
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank doctorfoxtrot

Thank you for sharing your experience. This led us to reconfigure our reservations system so that confirmation letters can be sent immediately and directly through it, thus avoiding similar incidents in the future. We apologize for the initial inconvenience. We are glad that you enjoyed our suite and were able to make use of our other facilities and amenities. Our Straight Up roof deck bar gets full especially on weekends but at night the temperature is usually cool and in fact, the outdoor area is the favourite portion of most guests. As multi-taskers, our bell service staff also act as doormen and help other departments in servicing guests’ needs. We look forward to your return to Seda BGC.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taguig City
2 mi away
Fairmont Makati
Fairmont Makati
#3 of 86 in Makati

Been to Seda Bonifacio Global City? Share your experiences!