“Disappointing service”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Disappointing service”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Went over to have dinner and made a prior reservation. Upon arriving, I informed the male manager about my reservation and I was disregarded rudely. He was giving attention to his "more important" guest whom he promptly seated and still ignored me afterwards. It was very disappointing for a place getting so much hype. They seemed to have forgotten that good food should come with good service especially from the manager..... This poor attention was compensated by one of their staff who gladly suggested dishes, took our order and checked on us every now and then....
I've been there twice. Ordered the breakfast toast and croque monsieur on separate occasions. I like their bread selection but the ham used on both occasions were quite salty. Coffee was good but the place was too crowded. It's a good place to get bread but the food would depend on your preference. Food were a bit overrated. Sitting arrangement could use some improvement.

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank jimini07

Manila, Philippines
“New York style comfort food”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is my second visit in 2 months. The food did not disappoint yet again. The 4 of us shared arugula and wild mushroom salad, tarte of caramelized onions, gruyere cheese and mushrooms, a Mediterranean sandwich, french fries and a chicken sandwich. All were very good, my 3 other friends who were eating there for the first time, could not stop raving! We also had an apple pie, which was to die for! Think it's one of the best in Manila, with the right sweetness and a buttery, melt in your mouth crust. It was so good, my friend took home one order so her husband could try it. The food was on the pricey side, but guess people did not mind paying. On both times that we were there at dinner, the place was full!

• Visited October 2013
Makati, Philippines
“Good bread place”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The place is always full of people so we decided to give it a try even though we knew it is a bit pricey. My friend's burger tasted flat and so did our salads. Although the salad is a bit tasty, we expected a bit more since we heard rave reviews about the place. The service was very slow, inattentive and curt. I decided to splurge a bit and ordered my all time favorite pudding. It was the most dry pudding I ever had. The baguette is perfect though and that is what saved the day. Don't understand why it is always full of diners lunch and dinner though...maybe we ordered the wrongs food but then again for a restaurant to have this kind of hype, everything should be good right?

• Visited July 2013
Caloocan, Philippines
“The executives cafeteria!”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Even before i dined here, i know someday that the restaurant would be a hit. The location is very good specially at night when all the offices nearby are closed already, as if your like in New York.

My family dined here a few months ago, the restaurant is full already thats why we waited for a few minutes for a vacant table. the staffs are very attentive, they offered spare chairs and glasses of water while we are waiting.

We ordered Pasta with bacon & marinara , it was good , the pasta is perfectly cooked, kinda firm and "bouncy", we also ordered pulled pork sandwiches, its also good but somehow the bread is wet inside, maybe because of the sauce of the pork drenched the bread.

My kids have some desserts from. their bakery, its a pastry with chocolate filling, what's good about it is its not too sweet.

What i love about the place is the vibe, fast phase environment, rustic yet modern in some way.

• Visited July 2013
Manila, Philippines
“Good overall with great bakery products”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Have been to Wilflour 3 times now and it hits the mark every time.

Have read the other reviews and not had any of the downsides mentioned. Both the food and service have been very good and what's expected from this type of place. Reading some reviews you would think some people expect 'white tablecloth' Michelin star stuff ?!

That's kind of missing the point. It's an all day eatery with a good offer and some great simple dishes done well.

The bakery goods are excellent

Visited September 2013