“A different take on Filipino-Spanish cuisine” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 580 Restaurants in Taguig City
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Bangkok, Thailand
“A different take on Filipino-Spanish cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I'm always a big fan of both Pinoy and traditional Spanish cuisine, so when we found this restaurant on the BHS area, we immediately checked it out. I'm a fan of Crisostomo and Corazon, and was curious to find out if this chain lives up to my expectations. It did! As with the other restos, I enjoyed everything that we ordered and tried out: New Zealand mussels, prawns in garlic and butter, molo soup, pakbet, beef tapa, and I especially loved Iday (suman in chocolate fondue). It's a bit pricey but so worth the what we paid for, and it's still not as expensive as other restaurants in its class. Ambience is smart-casual, with a relaxed atmosphere, plus service is very good. Can't wait to have a chance to go back again when I'm in Manila! Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank aforeignaffair

Quezon City, Philippines
“Traditional Filipino food with a twist.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had visitors from France that I wanted to treat to some Filipino food and decided to go to Elias, one of Chef Florabel Co's restaurants. I have always been impressed by Chef Florabel's take on Filipino dishes and wanted to find out if Elias compared to Crisostomo, another restaurant she runs.
The ambiance in Elias is casual. The interiors are well-lit and homey. The menu presents traditional Filipino dishes (adobo, morcon, pinakbet, etc.) labelled with interesting names. We ordered adobo, morcon, pinakbet, laing, 2 appetizers and 2 cakes, banana split, mais con hielo and suman at manga for dessert. Everything tasted delicious. My foreign visitors were really impressed and I was happy considering that one of them was eating Filipino food for the first time. And you know that the French are very particular about what they eat and drink. They also liked our San Miguel beer (premium) and the Philippine mangoes!
Service was good, quick and unobtrusive. And the best thing about this dining experience was it didn't cost much. Definitely this is a restaurant you can bring foreign visitors to. It makes you proud to be Filipino.http://c1.tacdn.com/img2/x.gif

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Filipino dishes with a twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We actually stopped by for dessert at ELIAS by Crisostomo only accident. We were supposed to have dessert at The Cake Club beside this establishment however the restaurant close early at 10pm. This place was still open so we chose to stay. This restaurant offers a wide range of filipino dishes with a modern take into it. I love the twist on the menu using characters from the books of National Hero Jose Rizal. We opted for some hot chocolates and some churros. I ordered the Ginataang Halo halo and was surprised at the size of the dish. It actually serves 3-4 people and served on a ceramic bowl which is continuously heated. Lovely interiors kinda brings you back to the 1800s during Spanish Times. Perfect place to end our night.

• Visited January 2013
Shanghai, China
“Turn of century Filipino type dining - excellent intro to Manila life”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited Elias along with local friends who selected it exactly because of the huge variety of the menu and the really good turn of traditional choices, while there are also a lot of modern interpretations.
We had a good variety of seafood, chicken, beef and pork to take a taste of various options. I was really impressed with the Adobo (Damaso), which I had come to consider a relatively unimpressive dish due to my experience elsewhere in the Philippines, but here it was delicately cooked, the meat pieces properly selected and it was tender and full of flavours.
The service was good overall although a bit goofy and slow at times. The staff were polite, but did not seem to be interested to advise us and left our friends to make decisions without making any suggestions.
Due to the large variety of the menu there is no point in going through favourites. You will probably have to go several times to try enough dishes to know what you like best.
I enjoyed the combination of the local Cerveza negra with the appetizers and especially the Mang Pablo (Crispy Beef). The Emilio was really good and the Pilosobong Pinabet (vegetables menu) and the Liwaywy (fish).
Overall good value for money and quiet after 9pm on a Saturday evening this has been my favourite foodie experience of Filipino food and was nicley complemented by the decor and atmosphere of the end of century (post colonial) Manila.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank kodix
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
“Great service, delicious Filipino dishes”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

We were walking around The area on a busy Friday night and happened to walk by Elias. The staff were very friendly and hospitable and they had a table for 4 at the far end that is a bit close to another table. I requested for a round table I saw whose patrons were just standing up to leave, they accommodated us with smiles and no complaints at all. I felt very welcome. The menu has a wide variety of standard Filipino fare, food was delicious, they have a good selection of fresh fruit juices. Price is pretty reasonable. The ambience is more family style bustling, a lively reminder that this is typically Filipino. Their maitre D made sure we're well taken care of. They even have a cute gimmick at the end where they take a souvenir photo for us to keep. Tis is definitely a great restaurant to go to for delicious typical Filipino fare, great customer service and reasonable prices.

• Visited November 2012