“The rating needs explaining...”
Review of Mango Tree

Mango Tree
Ranked #12 of 609 Restaurants in Taguig City
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“The rating needs explaining...”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

If I'm honest, Manila has a shortage of good Thai restaurants... People's palace in Greenbelt, and apparently one in the Shang I'm yet to try... There are a lot of not very Thai Thai restaurants serving very average food, ( and Just Thai in BGC which is beyond terrible). So while Mango Tree may only hit a 3 rating in other countries, it gets 4 here. It is consistent in taste, a sizable menu, good atmosphere for pleasure or business, and OK service. Worthy of being on your lunch list options.

• Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Manila
“Going Thai!”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This place is great.....love the pineapple rice, the salads, the satay's (all of them!), and the desserts....there is nothing to dislike about this restaurant including the interior. Can't say that I am a Thai food expert but I have eaten in Thai restaurants in Hong Kong and am using that as a basis for the comparison. I will admit the prices are steep but would not personally put this restaurant in the category of paying an 'arm and a leg' and not getting the value.

• Visited April 2013
Makati, Philippines
“Just like any thai restaurant”
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The only thing "special" about this restaurant is their interiors and the expensive price. When you enter it's as if you are in a classy, fine dining restaurant.

When we started ordering that's when everything went downhill. Typical Thai menu, dining staffs where not that engaging .. it's as if we were dealing with a trainee or something.

We ordered catfish salad , stirfried vegies and green curry chicken. The food was good - the kind you would expect from restaurants in malls with slightly cheaper price, but nothing to rave about.

Manila, Philippines
“Not raving about the food”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Headed here for the parents' anniversary dinner. The restaurant is right at the corner of BHS Central facing 7th street so it's difficult to miss. Interiors are welcoming and elegant, with a high ceiling and fairly spacious dinning floor.

We had the shrimp omelet, phad thai, chicken fried rice, chicken green curry, prawn spring rolls, satay, seafood tom yum, and another veggie dish I didn't try. I think we were all a bit disappointed with the meal, with most of the dishes somewhat bland for me. Even my mom, who lived in Thailand for three years and who knows her Thai food, wasn't commenting. My night's saving dish was the green curry which I really enjoyed. My mom wanted to try for a good dessert and got the coconut custard with sweet corn. We found it so-so.

Service was also fairly slow. Maybe they were understaffed that night? My father and brother got so impatient trying to hail a waiter's attention, which enjoined the diner next to our table to help in trying to get the waiter's attention too. We promptly thanked him for the assistance and he smiled back. I noticed a lady from yet another table who also got up and got a menu herself from the counter. Self-service? Not what I'd expect here, especially with these prices.

Overall, fairly a so-so meal. I expected to be impressed with the food after reading several good reviews, but I must say I wasn't. I think a good indicator was that we didn't polish off any single dish and just took the leftovers home.

• Visited December 2013
Makati
“Mango Tree Bistro Greenbelt 5 Makati”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Mango Tree Bistro Greenbelt 5 Ayala Center Makati. A modern Thai Bistro franchise from Thailand. While there is a huge selection of dishes, we found the food overpriced and lacking in flavor compared to our favorite Thai restaurants in the metro - People's Palace and Thaipan. Check out our video below:

Visited October 2013