“Excellent place for kids and kids at heart and adults too”
Review of The Mind Museum

The Mind Museum
Ranked #4 of 31 things to do in Taguig City
More attraction details
Owner description: The Mind Museum is the non-profit project of Bonifacio Art Foundation, Inc. It is dedicated to providing an extraordinary educational experience that inspires the public understanding of science.
Las Pinas
637 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 693 helpful votes
“Excellent place for kids and kids at heart and adults too”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

There is so much in this place to see and learn and I wonder why it has not become more popular with the public. Go visit - you won't regret it.

1 Thank JEmmanuelLasPinas

Luzon, Philippines
153 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 255 helpful votes
“No need to get the whole day pass, you can finish it under 3 hours”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The exhibits are great and highly interactive, ranging from natural history, the human body, scientific discoveries, molecules, chemistry in everyday life, earthquakes, robots, etc. Upon admission, you will be gathered and briefed about the museum. After which, you are free roam around at your own (or your kids') pace. There are scheduled film showings about the universe and other scientific subjects, so check it and work around to maximize your 3 hours. There are impressive displays like the T-Rex skeleton and the giant whale shark, and the hallway shaped like a soundwave. The ground floor is where most of the exhibits are while the 2nd level is basically just an atrium hallway.

The museum is quite small, so you can finish it under 3 hours (unless there are a lot of kids in a field trip or your kids want to camp there). And there lies my 3 star rating. I feel the admission price is too steep given the size of the museum. Good thing it is well-maintained and the presentation is comparable to other science museums in other countries, though on a smaller scale.

There is a Jollibee canteen inside but offers only a portion of their whole menu. If you get hungry, it's good to hold it off and choose from the excellent restaurants at the nearby Burgos Circle.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank hizonfire
clinton md.u.s.a.
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 112 helpful votes
“bgc tour by bus tour”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

on my last visit may 2013 we took the free tour bus bgc of the area...we pass by the mind museum..this was the first we actually drove around bonifacio high neighborhood by bus/driving..i like global city and impress i seriously thinking of investing a condo there...every time i visit Philippines we always stop by global city..wine and dine at night.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank perry986
Hong Kong, China
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great "Museum"”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I visited with my wife and two children (boy and girl). Kids were a little reluctant due to the name - 'museum' but once they got inside they loved every minute! We had the three hour slot from 9-12 and I think the time is about right. It is well run and organized and the kids jumped from one exhibit to another. Lots of buttons to press and things to do, not what I would call a museum really. Strongly recommend it for families if you visit Manila.

2 Thank ABM583
Cainta, Rizal, Philippines
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Enjoyable but not that educational for adults”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I've been hearing about and seeing the Mind Museum for a long time but had always thought the price was too steep, especially since I wanted to treat my family. But last May, Deal Grocer featured All-Day Passes for only Php 425 (vs. Php 600 for a 3-hour pass). This deal got us 6 All-Day Passes for only Php 2550!

The exhibits were enjoyable enough but as an Engineering graduate (and part-time science enthusiast) I didn't learn much. It was still fun seeing how creatively the concepts were presented and how hands-on they were.

My favorite parts of the museum were:
1) Fossil-digging in the sand box (though I think that was for kids only)
2) Spin Browser: the interactive video where you can fast forward and rewind through events in nature like a bird eating or a seedling growing
3) Giant brain diagram whose parts light up when you step on their labels on the floor
4) Shadow Box
5) Laser Harp
6) Fossils!
7) X-ray Machine

PROS:
(1) Fun for kids and adults alike
(2) Educational!
(3) Not crowded (we visited on a Saturday afternoon)
(4) Good bathrooms (a must for me!)

CONS:
(1) Some exhibits didn't work anymore or didn't work as described (e.g. all stages of a process lighting up at once when the write up says it'll light up as you move through the stages)
(2) No Mind Movers contrary to what's advertised
(3) Pricey

Additionally, we went to the mini-movie in the Space Shell expecting to see clips of the universe but then got to watch a video about the origin of life. Fortunately, we picked the correct side of the dome (on the left side) so we didn't have to bend almost backwards just to see the "action". The people on the other half of the dome were not so lucky....

Tip: If using the All-Day Pass, time your visit in the middle or towards the end of one of the 3-hour time slots (e.g. 11am for 9-12nn time slot) since you have the luxury of not beginning your tour with a crowd. I also recommend timing visiting the second floor (Technology) with the start of a new batch of guests since they're going to be roaming the first floor first. :)

2 Thank Patag A