“Lower your expectations”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manila, Philippines
“Lower your expectations”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food club where I'm a member had an event at Relik last weekend. I had high expectations since for this place, and upon first arriving I liked what I saw. Nice ambience and it was quite comfortable. As the evening progressed though things became terrible.

The menu selected for our group was mostly Tex-Mex bar food, and it was nothing special. I wasn't able to try their other selections as our menu was fixed so I can't rate their actual "tapas" I have a mild seafood allergy that acts up when I eat shellfish that is not fresh, and one of the items we had was Shrimp Quesadilla. Upon first bite I could tell right away that it was no good. It was fishy and the texture of the actual shrimp was mushy. A few moments later I could feel my arms get itchy. The dish I enjoyed the most was the Vegetarian Enchilada.

The place is in need of some sprucing up, ESPECIALLY the ladies room. There are two stalls in the ladies room, and BOTH of them didn't close properly and would pop open unexpectedly. Also, investing in new toilet seats might be a good idea.

From an events standpoint it was a bit of a disaster. The staff seemed unprepared despite the fact our group coordinator made the reservation weeks ago. There didn't seem to be any actual manager or supervisor manning the floor, so our group head was constantly running around the entire night trying to fix the situation.

All in all, this once glorious establishment is now past its prime.

• Visited May 2013

makati
“food and service is okay”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

i initially thought this was just a "party/night-out spot" but surprisingly, they offer wide array of sumptuous spanish cuisine :) we tried tapas - gambas, beef salpicao, beef quesadilla and pork belly. the tapas tasted great; the pork belly has an after taste. the ambiance of the place was comfortable. the location was convenient as well - has parking space just outside the restaurant.

• Visited April 2013
“The Best Weekend Spot!”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Food, Drinks & Music is fantastic! Not to mention the service and hospitality of the staff... They have a wide variety of drinks foreign and local...

Taguig City, Philippines
“Spanish fare”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Around 9 of us had lunch at Relik in June. We've read about this resto in the newspapers so my officemates and I tried it one weekday afternoon. Nobody was around except us. It fills up during night time because its more of a bar. The tapas were good, we had chorizig, salpicao, gambas, pork belly, risotto, manchego cheese, calamari. All tasted very good. We went back to office so full.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank franchesca112
Metro Manila
“From dining to partying all in one place”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Relik is a chameleon. From a quiet pub it transforms itself to a party place at nigh.

I'm more into their food so I'll focus on that. Love their versionif the calamari. The star of Relik would be their paella which is really good - as good as the one I tasted in Madrid!

I will definitely go back for more of it.

• Visited March 2012