“Nothing to write home about.”

F All Day Dining Restaurant - F1 Hotel Manila
Ranked #100 of 609 Restaurants in Taguig City
Cuisines: International
Makati, Philippines
“Nothing to write home about.”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had dinner buffet together with my usual group of friends. I wasn't really impressed with the buffet spread so much so that I stuck mostly with the appetizers and sushi. Service was good though. There are much better ones for the price.

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank bryantpark88

Paranaque, Philippines
“Disappointing”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

I had visiting relatives from the US so when I saw the booth of this restaurant at the recent Travel Expo I decided to avail the vouchers so I can treat the out in this newly opened hotel at the Fort. I kinda thought twice cause when I asked if their buffet was similar to Westin or Shang they said quantity not quite but good. That made me think since they didn't sound as convincing but it was a new place in town so off we went. I was right. I didn't like anything at all except perhaps for the sashimi. The tempura was not as good as other map restos, the fresh seafood noodle soup tasted bland. There was really nothing I can say satisfied me at all. To top it all I saw some huge flies around the sushi! Gosh flies inside a hotel??? I showed the waiters and all she did was ask for a candle. They did not light the candle by the way. Many other observations, not worth the price.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank Maan
Vancouver, Canada
“Stick to the buffet. This restaurant only just gets 3 stars in my book.”
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks on business and ate here everyday for breakfast, 2-3 times for lunch and just once for dinner.

Breakfast - excellent selection of pastries, fresh fruit and any kind of egg dish. Try the Eggs Benny. Excellent! Pancakes are so so but crepes excellent which makes no sense I know. Excellent breakfast brunch on weekends.

Lunch for me was salad choices - spinach and chicken is reasonable. Buffet excellent. Prices what you would expect from a better restaurant. (not cheap for Manila but in line with Fort Bonifacio)

Dinner was steak one night which was very average and over cooked. Forgettable. There are many excellent dinner and lunch choices just a few minutes walk away at the Fort or highstreet

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank koolkookaburra
Pasig, Philippines
“Only 4 Thin Crabs”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

We thought of checking this new buffet offering today for lunch with the family. Looking forward for my crab cravings (they have very good picture on their website). When we arrived - service was pretty good - nobody in the restaurant but us - wow such a relief - finding this place all for our us. We quickly headed to the seafood section and found no shrimp - no oyster but only 4 crabs and some clams. We requested the crabs to be cooked with some chili sauce and they did it very fast. After some fruits - we ate the crabs - sad to say it was not as fresh as we have expected. The crabs were pretty small but the taste was very good. They also serve us some baked clams - which was quite good as well. Then we tried the chinese offering (pretty good) - then the japanese (tempura is a MUST try) - we ate some maki roll (not bad) then we tried the only sushi they have - salmon (quite disappointing ).

When we ask for another serving of crabs - we were informed that there were only 4 crabs for the day - this is really very disappointing since the only reason we went is for the CRAB (and come to think of it - S&R is just across - very poor indeed).

So we just tried to satisfy ourselves with their fruit offerings, some cakes (not bad) and their ice cream (which they said are home made - A MUST TRY).

Service excellent - venue good but need some cleaning (mirror dirty) - ambiance - excellent - all in all pretty good if only they have enough supply of crabs :(

When we were about to go - the reception offered to show us the hotel rooms - the elevator took some time to go up and down and the guy showing us the room got the wrong key so it took us almost 10 minutes before we saw the room.

The elevator was so hot - slow and full (since it is also use by the residence and also used as freight elevator) , aside from that the hotel floor lobby is very hot - they do not have ventilation. When the room was finally shown to us - the family suite is quite small for around 40 sqm - low ceiling and very hot inside.

When we left parking - we were even charged P75 since the lady said we exceeded the 3 hours max allotment - this is very very bad indeed - the cause of delay is their poor elevator and they are the one who offered to show the hotel suite.

I think parking should be free - very disappointing indeed.

• Visited December 2011