A colleague and I stayed here for 2 nights while on business visiting our office very close by.
The location of the hotel is great for us and there are plenty of good restaurants and bars nearby to enjoy in the evening.
First the positives:
The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with decent beds and bathrooms Flat screen TV, Wifi, working desk are all provided.
However, it is the many, many little details that let this hotel down that make for an unimpressive stay.
Firstly, when you arrive at the Ground floor, you have to wait for some slow lifts, to check-in at reception on the 5th floor. Check-in is reasonable, with friendly staff and average speed and efficiency.
The restaurant is on the 3rd floor and cannot be accessed directly by one of the lifts.
The lifts themselves can only be used with your room access key and the weird design is the access panel is very low, while the buttons are high (see photo). That makes for 'interesting' contortions, when you are carrying luggage.
Then the small things hit you
- the surface of the floor of my shower was unpleasantly peeling
- the water kettle had a bare wire for the earth socket of the power socket (see photo)
- the Wifi in the room never worked (see photo)
- the cable TV failed on the second night (for 6 hours) and there is no alternative
- the iPhone player on my bedside table did not accept my iPhone. This was particularly annoying when the TV failed.
- Housekeeping left the doors to their cleaning closets open all the time and spare beds were stored in the corridors of many of the floors
- while clearly designed for it, there are no built-in air-conditioners. They are all wall mounted and clearly have not been maintained for some time, given the noise they all make.
When we went for breakfast in the morning, we were shown to a table that was dirty and had not been cleaned yet. A waiter came along and cleaned it shortly and offered us coffee. I asked for cappuccino and this was cheerfully offered, at extra cost. When it arrived it was awful, tasteless brown liquid, with a small amount of foam on the top. On top of this, I was charged 219 Pesos for this! Nearly double the cost of a Grande Cappuccino from Starbucks a block away. Outrageous. The table we were offered (and most of the others) did not have any condiments at all. If you wanted salt, yuo had to get it from one of the other guests.
The breakfast offerings themselves were quite good, with fresh bread, pastries, freshly cooked eggs, rice soup and all the regulars on offer.
All in all, the rooms and beds were good but the remainder of the experience was ruined through 'death of a thousand service failures'..
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travel Book Philippines, Inc., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your F1 Hotel Manila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- F1 Hotel Manila Taguig City, Philippines - Metro Manila