“Excellent, but I expected more”
Review of F1 Hotel Manila

F1 Hotel Manila
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Taguig City
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Our family spent the night of my birthday at a suite and I must say the room design (and overall hotel design) was something I've rarely seen in other hotels. I was pleasantly surprised. Color combination was not boring, the interior distinctive, and amenities & furniture (i.e., pool, reception couch, etc.) bold. I guess they improvised and made the most out of the small lot area. I can't really fault the hotel on anything. There's a wow factor that's lacking, but the hotel is an excellent choice nevertheless.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JM T
Joy T, Pr and Media Officer at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Good day Mr. JM T,

It was to learn that you've had an overall happy experience while staying with us. Please be assured that we will deal with the matters you pointed out immediately. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you the next time you stay here.

F1 Hotel Manila Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,066)

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hotel is located in the Bonafacio Global City, best in Taguig and also is reasonable priced. However security measures are unwarranted, Like u cannot accesses any other floor apart from the one u are living in, u cant directly call any other room no etc. Also they should do something to the escalators. they dont work and at times really test your patience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sajay1982
Joy T, PR and Media Officer at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Good day our valued customer,

It was sad to learn about the experiences you have gone through while staying with us. Please be assured that we will deal with these matters immediately. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you the next time you stay here.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Was able to get a voucher for a city suite room for 2 with buffet breakfast. Booked an overnight stay for Mother's Day weekend and brought the kids with us. The room was spacious and worth the price we've paid. You can just go out for dinner or lunch if you don't like the pricey food of the hotel since there are a lot of good restaurants near by (being conveniently near Boni High Street). Their buffet breakfast was okay as well, usual continental. What I don't like though was the pool. Since it was small, even though they had a lap pool, water becomes dirty easily. Maybe because of too many people, including kids, swimming.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MaykdGuz
Joy T, PR and Medi Officer at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Good day our valued customer,

It was nice to learn that you've had an overall happy experience while staying with us. Please be assured that we will deal with the matters you pointed out immediately. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you the next time you stay here.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice already and I like it. the first time was with my husband and 2 daughters (ages 5 and 2). and the other time was with my friend. the room is spacious even with my family. bed is big and comfy. there's enough space for luggage. one more thing I like about this place is that its so near bonifacio global city which is full of good restaurants and a few shopping stores. good ones too. it is also near active fun (play area for kids) and timezone (arcade). there is also a separate pool for kids.
buffet breakfast is simple but good.
definitely I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank RicaMae
Joy T, PR and Media Officer at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Good day Ms. Rica Mae,

Thank you for your wonderful review about F1 Hotel Manila! It made us feel inspired to keep up the good work for valued guests like you. We are looking forward to seeing you here again!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

As all reviews have stated, its location to St Luke's hospital & shopping/dining options cannot be beat. Attention to detail leaves a lot to be desired, though, considering that this hotel is not exactly a cheap option.

Hotel transportation is unreliable and overpriced - the 1st time we reserved for a car to nearby Makati & were being charged Php500 one-way, which we agreed to but when we headed to the lobby car was nowhere to be found. We were asked to wait due to hotel staff miscommunication (NOT on our part) but after 15mins we gave up & had the doorman flag down a taxi for us (paid Php150). The 2nd time we tried to reserve a van to the airport for Php1,900 but were told that it was unavailable - they offered us a sedan, I mentioned our luggage wouldn't fit, but the hotel staff never bothered to assist us w/ an alternative, such as maybe contacting other airport transportation services. So we called a local taxi service that we frequently used on prior trips (TAI taxi), mini-SUV taxi showed up on time & we paid Php500.

Wanted to print at their business center, found it unmanned, informed front desk, poor lady in front desk was very helpful, opened up business center for us but the computer didn't work, but since she was alone we heard the front desk phone ringing incessantly when she was assisting us. We had to wait in our room for the issue to be resolved. I thought the situation was quite pathetic.

Hotel also has this annoying policy where hotel security "inquires" (albeit politely) if I'm checking out every time I step out w/ some luggage in tow (I had my laundry done elsewhere). It's quite insulting but I am unfortunately familiar w/ this very Filipino management mentality. I brought this up to front desk, maybe somewhat irately - I was assured it would be brought up to hotel management but never received nor expected any sort of feedback, given how they've struggled w/ our simpler requests.

Previous reviews all harp about the elevators & I can't agree more. Housekeeping was ok & were responsive to our requests for extra stuff since we had 2 kids. Though the wood floors needed more dusting/buffing & bathroom floors were stained. Gym was very small. Spa just opened, 1-hour massage was cheap but ok. Breakfast not bad. Free internet was slow. Restaurant/bar closes too early but there's excellent nightlife nearby so maybe that's a blessing in disguise. Maybe they can have a microwave and coffee machine in the rooms.

Other hotels are opening nearby & I'll probably try those next time. I didn't expect luxury but at least some hotel professionalism. Overall not a good value, they're not really all that cheaper from the more established Makati hotels, where their management/staff could learn much from in terms of attention to detail.

Stayed 6 nights total in a city suite, 1 night in a twin deluxe

Room Tip: While at the hotel I managed to inspect the Fort suite - not a good value, stick to the city suite i...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GCT671

Good day GCT671,

We thank you for your review about F1 Hotel Manila. Our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay here. Please be assured that we will deal with this matter immediately. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you the next time you stay at our hotel.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Its location really is what draws the crowd, methinks. We stayed at a City Suite room booked through a discount site. The room was spacious and the bed was nice. The bathroom could have used more amenities (like a bathtub) if they are saying it's a suite. The pools were nice as well. I now understand the comments about the elevators. Despite having 4 elevators the waiting time to get on one was still quite long. Not to mention that some elevators have specific floors that they can access. The breakfast buffet was forgettable. Would I stay here agin? Yes, provided that I pay the promo price. I won't pay for it with the regular price because I don't think it would be worth it.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank katsinthebag

Good day, our valued customer,

We would like to thank you for your nice review about F1 Hotel Manila. On the other hand, we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay here. Please be assured that we will do our best to address your concerns to the concerned departments.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at f1 hotel twice during my 1 month vacation in the Philippines. There aren't that much options when it comes to hotels in the fort bonifacio area. I like this hotel. It's modern, clean and rooms are spacious. Pool area is nice. The hotel has a lap pool, a jacuzzi and another wading pool. I would say its a good value as rooms come with buffet breakfast. Breakfast is mostly Filipino but good. Hotel is also walking distance from boni high street. Makati is about 10 minutes drive away. The only negative comment I can say is that the elevator takes too long especially if its crowded. Also we we wanted to celebrate my sisters birthday. We have a cake with us and we wanted to eat this beside the pool but they were charging us a fee to eat at the pool which I think is ridiculous. Apparently, that is there policy. We went back upstairs and just ate the cake inside the room. Overall, this is a great hotel and will probably be checking in here again when I'm back.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Kris l

Good day Kris,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback about our food, services, and rooms! You made us feel more encouraged to continue providing the best to our guests. We also would like to assure you that your other concerns will be brought up to the concerned departments as soon as we can. Hoping to see you here again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Taguig City
#60 of 86 in Makati
The Hotel at Green Sun
The Hotel at Green Sun
#38 of 86 in Makati

Been to F1 Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!