“Great location, disappointing service”
Review of F1 Hotel Manila

F1 Hotel Manila
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Taguig City
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Great location, disappointing service”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

As all reviews have stated, its location to St Luke's hospital & shopping/dining options cannot be beat. Attention to detail leaves a lot to be desired, though, considering that this hotel is not exactly a cheap option.

Hotel transportation is unreliable and overpriced - the 1st time we reserved for a car to nearby Makati & were being charged Php500 one-way, which we agreed to but when we headed to the lobby car was nowhere to be found. We were asked to wait due to hotel staff miscommunication (NOT on our part) but after 15mins we gave up & had the doorman flag down a taxi for us (paid Php150). The 2nd time we tried to reserve a van to the airport for Php1,900 but were told that it was unavailable - they offered us a sedan, I mentioned our luggage wouldn't fit, but the hotel staff never bothered to assist us w/ an alternative, such as maybe contacting other airport transportation services. So we called a local taxi service that we frequently used on prior trips (TAI taxi), mini-SUV taxi showed up on time & we paid Php500.

Wanted to print at their business center, found it unmanned, informed front desk, poor lady in front desk was very helpful, opened up business center for us but the computer didn't work, but since she was alone we heard the front desk phone ringing incessantly when she was assisting us. We had to wait in our room for the issue to be resolved. I thought the situation was quite pathetic.

Hotel also has this annoying policy where hotel security "inquires" (albeit politely) if I'm checking out every time I step out w/ some luggage in tow (I had my laundry done elsewhere). It's quite insulting but I am unfortunately familiar w/ this very Filipino management mentality. I brought this up to front desk, maybe somewhat irately - I was assured it would be brought up to hotel management but never received nor expected any sort of feedback, given how they've struggled w/ our simpler requests.

Previous reviews all harp about the elevators & I can't agree more. Housekeeping was ok & were responsive to our requests for extra stuff since we had 2 kids. Though the wood floors needed more dusting/buffing & bathroom floors were stained. Gym was very small. Spa just opened, 1-hour massage was cheap but ok. Breakfast not bad. Free internet was slow. Restaurant/bar closes too early but there's excellent nightlife nearby so maybe that's a blessing in disguise. Maybe they can have a microwave and coffee machine in the rooms.

Other hotels are opening nearby & I'll probably try those next time. I didn't expect luxury but at least some hotel professionalism. Overall not a good value, they're not really all that cheaper from the more established Makati hotels, where their management/staff could learn much from in terms of attention to detail.

Stayed 6 nights total in a city suite, 1 night in a twin deluxe

Room Tip: While at the hotel I managed to inspect the Fort suite - not a good value, stick to the city suite i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank GCT671
Joy T, PR and Media Officer at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Good day GCT671,

We thank you for your review about F1 Hotel Manila. Our apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay here. Please be assured that we will deal with this matter immediately. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you the next time you stay at our hotel.

F1 Hotel Manila Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Korean first
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Its location really is what draws the crowd, methinks. We stayed at a City Suite room booked through a discount site. The room was spacious and the bed was nice. The bathroom could have used more amenities (like a bathtub) if they are saying it's a suite. The pools were nice as well. I now understand the comments about the elevators. Despite having 4 elevators the waiting time to get on one was still quite long. Not to mention that some elevators have specific floors that they can access. The breakfast buffet was forgettable. Would I stay here agin? Yes, provided that I pay the promo price. I won't pay for it with the regular price because I don't think it would be worth it.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank katsinthebag
Good day, our valued customer,

We would like to thank you for your nice review about F1 Hotel Manila. On the other hand, we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay here. Please be assured that we will do our best to address your concerns to the concerned departments.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at f1 hotel twice during my 1 month vacation in the Philippines. There aren't that much options when it comes to hotels in the fort bonifacio area. I like this hotel. It's modern, clean and rooms are spacious. Pool area is nice. The hotel has a lap pool, a jacuzzi and another wading pool. I would say its a good value as rooms come with buffet breakfast. Breakfast is mostly Filipino but good. Hotel is also walking distance from boni high street. Makati is about 10 minutes drive away. The only negative comment I can say is that the elevator takes too long especially if its crowded. Also we we wanted to celebrate my sisters birthday. We have a cake with us and we wanted to eat this beside the pool but they were charging us a fee to eat at the pool which I think is ridiculous. Apparently, that is there policy. We went back upstairs and just ate the cake inside the room. Overall, this is a great hotel and will probably be checking in here again when I'm back.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Kris l
Good day Kris,

Thank you for such wonderful feedback about our food, services, and rooms! You made us feel more encouraged to continue providing the best to our guests. We also would like to assure you that your other concerns will be brought up to the concerned departments as soon as we can. Hoping to see you here again!

Cephalonia, Greece
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel is located across st. Luke's hospital bonifacio, one of the best hospital with the best facilities. The hotel is also accross S&R store. On the sides you can walk around for some fastfood stores. The room is very spacious where my kid played and ran around. It also have a spacious working area with a working table where I did my paperworks. Daily newspaper was provided in the room. The breakfast spread was not that much but the quality of food served was great. The hotel itself is not that big, the ground floor is just manned by the concierge then you have to take the elevator to 2nd floor for the front desk for check in.

If you don't mind walking a bit, you can reach the bonifacio high street where a wide array of high end shops and restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Joy T, PR and Media Officer at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Good day Avidflyer88,

We thank you for your nice reply about F1 Hotel Manila. We will do our best to keep up the great service for our valued customers like you.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 2, 2013

stay was comfortable, glad we chose the city suite over the standard room, beds were comfortable, view from my room was poor, lobby was under renovation, missing a grander entrance, this is not a five star, but good value for money. staff was helpful. free internet was a bonus. would have liked a bath tub in the bathroom and better amenities.

Room Tip: get a suite if you are staying for longer
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DJ130
Joy T, Public Relations Manager at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi DJ130,

Thank you for your positive feedbacks. These motivate us to be better in everything we do. With regards to the concern you've raised, it was sad to learn about the experiences you have gone through while staying with us. We can only agree that the points you raised are valid and should not happen in a five star hotel such as ours.

Again, we sincerely apologize. Please be assured that we will deal with these matters immediately. We hope that you will give us an opportunity to make it up to you the next time you stay at our hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The hotel has excellent amenities and a great location ( walking distance to a shopping promenade with your high street shops).

The rooms are new and well furnished/appointed and very comfortable (see pictures) and nothing to complain about.

The main problem with the hotel is the dearth of elevators. During peak hours it can easily take at least 5 mins for an elevtator to be available because not all elevators stop at all floors. Moreover, room service, even for a glass of water, can easily take 20 mins. However, to be fair, the traffic load on the elevator may be because there were school groups staying in the hotel.

Finally, the hotel is not cheap in terms of the room rate and the extra services provided.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank andrew506
Hi Andrew506,

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel in a City Suite at a rate of 50% off the published rates, so we paid around Php 5700 for the room plus buffet breakfast for 2. Considering both published rate and what we paid, I'd say I expected more from the hotel.

What I liked...

- The staff must have learned from previous comments about the confusing lifts system so we were briefed upon check-in. Hence, rather than feeling confused, we felt safer knowing only people booked on a particular floor and staff can be on that particular floor
- The City Suite was spacious and I love how the room was organized such that while the beds, the working are and the living area are technically in one room, they felt like separate rooms. Room description says City Suites are between 35-37 sqm big, but ours felt more spacious than that
- There is a pool for every height and objective. The hotel has 3 pools - a lap pool, a family pool and a toddler's pool. Would have given the hotel a rating of 2 had it not been for the pools
- Room was clean and they didn't skimp on lights and electrical sockets
- Location is great. I chose this hotel because it is a 10 minute walk (if walking with a 3 y.o) to The Mind Museum and to Bonifacio High Street
- Broadband connection was good and wifi is also available (free)

What I didn't like...

- We arrived at 2:20 which is 20 minutes after check-in time, but still had to wait 15 minutes for a room
- Breakfast was below average. Yes, there were a lot of choices but the food didn't taste good. I'd rather they had just a handful of options but of better quality
- Management could be stricter about staff grooming, including how they wear their uniforms.
- Service was below expectations especially at breakfast. There were 3 of us (my 3 y.o. daughter being the third person) and we were initially seated on a 2-person table. After we asked to be transferred, staff did not bother to ask if we wanted coffee or tea, which is pretty standard among hotels I've stayed in. I was asked to sign an acknowledgment receipt twice without staff explaining it was for an extra head at breakfast. My daughter is 3 and ate close to nothing. This was sorted out relatively easily during checkout. I just had to explain that the additional person was my daughter and it was removed from our tab. Nonetheless, the staff at breakfast could have been more knowledgeable of policy

So, would I stay in this hotel again? Probably not. Certain expectations come with published rates even if you pay only half because of a promo.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mikco M, PR and Media Officer at F1 Hotel Manila, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Good day,

We appreciate your positive reviews about F1 Hotel Manila. As for your complaints, we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. F1 Hotel Manila sees to it that every guest should have a great stay and we regret that you have experienced, somehow, otherwise. Rest assured, we will forward your complaints to higher management.

Thank you!

#19 of 82 in Makati
Discovery Primea
Discovery Primea
#2 of 82 in Makati

Been to F1 Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!