“Nice hotel if you need to be in the fort”
Review of F1 Hotel Manila

F1 Hotel Manila
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Taguig City
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Nice hotel, one of only two in the area currently although a few others are in construction and slated to open sometime soon (think Shangri-La has a new property close by but I could be wrong). The hotel itself is nicely furnished and I would say it probably caters to the Asian business crowd more than anything else. A few notes about the property:

Location - Easy walking distance to shops and Market Market, plenty of eateries close by.

Parking - Plentiful parking in the underground garage, no issues there.

Rooms - modern decor, bed was decent, no balcony, everything was clean, small workstation, shower water was lukewarm and little water pressure.

Service - professional and prompt, very business like.

Breakfast Buffet - better than I've had in the states but a bit disappointing considering the caliber of the property.

Price - I think you can do better that's only a few minutes away, plenty of options in Makati

Noise - there's construction on the adjacent building so it can be noisy up until midnight or so, I saw guys out there welding awfully late. I could clearly hear the guys in the next room, it didn't bother me as I was working late at night covering US EST but it would had I been trying to sleep.

Would I stay here again? Probably not, I ended up getting a suite at a different property the following week in Makati City within walking distance of Greenbelt with twice the room size, much better service, a bathtub and two balconies for only 50 cents more.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the adjacent building construction or at least bring decent earplugs.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SoloTravlr_34

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel already 4 times and I am still a bit bewildered how is the place organized.
Unlikely most of the other hotels, BW F1 does not try to impress guests with the first sight. The hall at the ground level is nothing more but a security check point and elevators. The real reception is on the 5th floor. And here starts a weird experience with elevators – there are four of them available for guests, but not all the facilities are available for each elevator. For example to get to the gym it is necessary to use one of two dedicated elevator. But when you call for a lift you have no influence on which one will arrive. It has happened to me that I had to send off two lifts before the one which goes to the gym arrived.
But there are also the bright sides like location. The hotel is just 5 minutes on foot from Bonifacio High Street full of shops and restaurants. Also rooms are rather nice, spacious and very well equipped (radio, iron, aircon, TV etc.). Especially a radio with a docking station for iPhones is a very good idea. The stuff is helpful and very kind. Design of rooms and especially toilets is very modern.
Comparing with my previous visit I had an impression that breakfast choice is a bit limited now, but still should be fair enough for everybody.
The gym and the pool are a bit small for the hotel of this class, but to be fair I have to say that both are hardly ever overcrowded – maybe due to their size?

Room Tip: Fort Suite is more expensive but for sure more comfortable for a longer stay.
1  Thank PKaw
Reviewed January 19, 2013

best western premier is very close to st. luke's hospital and a stroll away from the strip and market market. the deluxe room is small but designed very well. clean and cozy. the bathroom is basic. the shower may be difficult for the big ones. breakfast choices is enough. good place to stay if you are going on a trip for your mind and body/health.

Room Tip: get the view of the strip, nicer than the other side.
1  Thank sidetrips
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I bought a deal from the site DealGrocer for an overnight stay for 2 at a City Suite with complimentary breakfast buffet worth a total of P4,800, my group comprised of three people (including myself) so we paid for the additional extra-person charge of P1,500 for an extra bed and buffet breakfast.

I will get the bad out of the way: My friends and I drove ourselves to the hotel and waited a significant amount of time outside at the driveway, no one came to bring our luggage to a luggage trolley, we basically had to do it ourselves. When a bellhop finally attended to us, we had already done his job. I asked if there was a valet service, he said yes and asked me to drive to the parking tollbooth. I found out there that I had to park my car myself, which was fine. I just did not like the confusion the bellhop caused.

Aside from the slightly frustrating start, the rest of our stay became much better. Our room was very spacious, given our purpose. My friends and I booked overnight because we had a really early fun run that was near the hotel to go to in the morning. The air-conditioning was comfortable, not too cold and not warm at all. The wireless internet connection was satisfactory, we clocked it to speeds of about 3Mbps. Elevators were a little small but surprisingly speedy. We requested that our bed be a King Size so that we all could fit in and it was very comfortable, my friend liked the pillows and found it exceptionally soft. The bathroom was clean, plus points because the toilet had a bidet.

I was really happy with the gym. Despite being a little small, my friend and I were able to get in a good midnight workout (the gym is open 24 hours a day). They have a decent number of LifeFitness treadmills with built in HDTVs and an auxillary control which allows you to control your monitor easily while you run. The other equipment provide a total body workout so I was pleased.

The location is beyond great. Fort Bonifacio is home to many key spots and the hotel is right across SnR Membership Shopping if you need supplies, down the road is a McDonald's and other POIs. It's also near the Makati hub for most of anything you plan to do in the metro. Since we had a car, the location was perfect.

Lastly, the buffet. I will be honest, it didn't wow me. But after running a 5k run, my friends and I were more than happy to just chow down to unlimited garlic rice and breakfast viands. I was slightly pleased that they served corned beef, corned beef and garlic rice is my number one favorite breakfast and I always hope that whatever hotel I stay in serves it.

In conclusion, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nico N
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is my 3rd visit in 3 years, and the cracks are starting to show at the Best Western Premier. Staffing seams less, breakfast has less choice and the elevator situation does not look to have improved.

Staff are friendly enough, just not motivated. Having more than 1 person at the check in desk should be standard operating procedure.

The rooms are looking a little shabby with floors and bath rooms showing wear.

Global City is covered with new hotel developments and the F1 will soon enough have a lot more competition. They best address key issues if they want to keep clients coming back.

Room Tip: There is construction all around, so everywhere is equally noisy.
2  Thank koolkookaburra
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at f1 for a total of 11 days during a November to December vacation with the family. My main complaint was the area around the pool is always dirty, I don't know if they are short staff or they are not really particular about cleanliness. Of the 11 days I stayed, the breakfast selection stayed the same. I stayed in a non smoking floor but I see people smoking outside the elevator at night. I had a noise complaint at 3am the and it took them an hour to pacify it. I would never stay in this hell hole ever again.

Room Tip: Find a place elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jason A
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We arrived past midnite during a busy week, greeted by a polite and courteous staff from the front door to the reception desk, and were led to a nice and spacious deluxe room. Amenities were bathrobes, slippers, a safe, fridge, coffeemaker/cups/saucers, glasses/ice bucket, hair dryer, shoe horn, suit brush; sundries replenished everyday: bottled water, shampoo/conditioner/soaps, toothbrush/paste, comb, sewing kit, cotton balls/Q-tips, emery board, shower cap. One night returning from a full day's outing I found bottled water and a glass on the bedside, another night the same and on the floor were a pair of slippers on a white sheet by the bed -- I felt so special! Daily buffet breakfast offered several new items each day and some were mainstays (the chicken or chicken/pork adobo and garlic rice were so good I had them everyday, and omelette made to order was a nice treat). The buffet lunch also offered good choices, as did the dinner buffet. The restaurant staff are attentive, polite, pleasant and professional. Also commendable is their in-house reservations department. We did not encounter any problem with parking in the hotel's garage although many did especially when there were events taking place within the hotel. We had a wonderful stay and will certainly come back when next we visit the Philippines. Shopping or eating at area restaurants, and there are very many, are a short walking distance. We had such a nice stay that I would certainly want to come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Reception is on the 5th floor, restaurant on the 3rd floor, so request a room no higher than the 10t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Ascott Bonifacio Global City Manila
Avant Serviced Suites
Avant Serviced Suites
#3 of 4 in Taguig City

Been to F1 Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!