“nice place in global city”
Review of F1 Hotel Manila

F1 Hotel Manila
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Taguig City
Reviewed January 19, 2013

best western premier is very close to st. luke's hospital and a stroll away from the strip and market market. the deluxe room is small but designed very well. clean and cozy. the bathroom is basic. the shower may be difficult for the big ones. breakfast choices is enough. good place to stay if you are going on a trip for your mind and body/health.

Room Tip: get the view of the strip, nicer than the other side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sidetrips
Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

994 - 1,000 of 1,124 reviews

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I bought a deal from the site DealGrocer for an overnight stay for 2 at a City Suite with complimentary breakfast buffet worth a total of P4,800, my group comprised of three people (including myself) so we paid for the additional extra-person charge of P1,500 for an extra bed and buffet breakfast.

I will get the bad out of the way: My friends and I drove ourselves to the hotel and waited a significant amount of time outside at the driveway, no one came to bring our luggage to a luggage trolley, we basically had to do it ourselves. When a bellhop finally attended to us, we had already done his job. I asked if there was a valet service, he said yes and asked me to drive to the parking tollbooth. I found out there that I had to park my car myself, which was fine. I just did not like the confusion the bellhop caused.

Aside from the slightly frustrating start, the rest of our stay became much better. Our room was very spacious, given our purpose. My friends and I booked overnight because we had a really early fun run that was near the hotel to go to in the morning. The air-conditioning was comfortable, not too cold and not warm at all. The wireless internet connection was satisfactory, we clocked it to speeds of about 3Mbps. Elevators were a little small but surprisingly speedy. We requested that our bed be a King Size so that we all could fit in and it was very comfortable, my friend liked the pillows and found it exceptionally soft. The bathroom was clean, plus points because the toilet had a bidet.

I was really happy with the gym. Despite being a little small, my friend and I were able to get in a good midnight workout (the gym is open 24 hours a day). They have a decent number of LifeFitness treadmills with built in HDTVs and an auxillary control which allows you to control your monitor easily while you run. The other equipment provide a total body workout so I was pleased.

The location is beyond great. Fort Bonifacio is home to many key spots and the hotel is right across SnR Membership Shopping if you need supplies, down the road is a McDonald's and other POIs. It's also near the Makati hub for most of anything you plan to do in the metro. Since we had a car, the location was perfect.

Lastly, the buffet. I will be honest, it didn't wow me. But after running a 5k run, my friends and I were more than happy to just chow down to unlimited garlic rice and breakfast viands. I was slightly pleased that they served corned beef, corned beef and garlic rice is my number one favorite breakfast and I always hope that whatever hotel I stay in serves it.

In conclusion, we got what we paid for.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Nico N
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is my 3rd visit in 3 years, and the cracks are starting to show at the Best Western Premier. Staffing seams less, breakfast has less choice and the elevator situation does not look to have improved.

Staff are friendly enough, just not motivated. Having more than 1 person at the check in desk should be standard operating procedure.

The rooms are looking a little shabby with floors and bath rooms showing wear.

Global City is covered with new hotel developments and the F1 will soon enough have a lot more competition. They best address key issues if they want to keep clients coming back.

Room Tip: There is construction all around, so everywhere is equally noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank koolkookaburra
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at f1 for a total of 11 days during a November to December vacation with the family. My main complaint was the area around the pool is always dirty, I don't know if they are short staff or they are not really particular about cleanliness. Of the 11 days I stayed, the breakfast selection stayed the same. I stayed in a non smoking floor but I see people smoking outside the elevator at night. I had a noise complaint at 3am the and it took them an hour to pacify it. I would never stay in this hell hole ever again.

Room Tip: Find a place elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Jason A
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We arrived past midnite during a busy week, greeted by a polite and courteous staff from the front door to the reception desk, and were led to a nice and spacious deluxe room. Amenities were bathrobes, slippers, a safe, fridge, coffeemaker/cups/saucers, glasses/ice bucket, hair dryer, shoe horn, suit brush; sundries replenished everyday: bottled water, shampoo/conditioner/soaps, toothbrush/paste, comb, sewing kit, cotton balls/Q-tips, emery board, shower cap. One night returning from a full day's outing I found bottled water and a glass on the bedside, another night the same and on the floor were a pair of slippers on a white sheet by the bed -- I felt so special! Daily buffet breakfast offered several new items each day and some were mainstays (the chicken or chicken/pork adobo and garlic rice were so good I had them everyday, and omelette made to order was a nice treat). The buffet lunch also offered good choices, as did the dinner buffet. The restaurant staff are attentive, polite, pleasant and professional. Also commendable is their in-house reservations department. We did not encounter any problem with parking in the hotel's garage although many did especially when there were events taking place within the hotel. We had a wonderful stay and will certainly come back when next we visit the Philippines. Shopping or eating at area restaurants, and there are very many, are a short walking distance. We had such a nice stay that I would certainly want to come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Reception is on the 5th floor, restaurant on the 3rd floor, so request a room no higher than the 10t...
1  Thank jpmcba
Reviewed January 3, 2013

1. Parking accommodation - guests are not given priority, as one reviewer commented: Park at your own risk. My husband had to personally follow up with the front desk for us to be alerted if there is parking space available, all in vain. No one called to alert us.
2. Requested assistance for IT because our USB seems not to be compatible with their TV - no one came.
3. Hotel staff knocking at our room asking if we are checking out the morning after?! (But we were booked for 2 nights)! Don't they check their guest's reservations list?!
4. Very poor sound insulation. You can be easily disturbed by the noise just right outside your room (children shrieking and running, and all sorts of noise).

4  Thank MARIE B
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Check-in the hotel for some family vacation/ relaxation.

There is no sufficient parking space for guest. i was told to park outside the hotel where their is an ongoing construction.

Also, breakfast buffet have very limited choices.

1  Thank loneyplanet
#3 of 86 in Makati
MySpace@BGC Hotel
MySpace@BGC Hotel
#59 of 86 in Makati

Been to F1 Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!