“The wonderfule Best Western F1, Manila”
Review of F1 Hotel Manila

F1 Hotel Manila
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Taguig City
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on two occasions, totalling 3 weeks in all. I have to rate this as one of the best hotels I've had the pleasure of stay in. The staff are all excellent, the facilities are first class and I enjoyed the experience. On my last night there, I was injured in the street in front of the hotel and retreated to my room to recover, within minutes the concierge contacted me to ask if I was injured becuse the doorman had seen me and thouight I might be injured, It looked as though I may have broken my kneecap, the manager organised a staff member and a car to take me to the local hospital and stay with me. When I was discharged he took me to get medication. I would happily recommend this hotel,

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MarkJBung
Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed May 31, 2012

We got a smoking room, & the room stunk pretty bad - naturally. Everything else was stunning – with a few minor problems (for the uber-picky as myself):
- I didn’t like how the sun hit me right smack in the face, in the bathroom, & there was no option to control that light source (no blinds or drapes)..
- The check-in desk was on the 5th Floor.. It’s the first & only hotel I’ve encountered that’s like that, & I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels…
- We had to get a car pass every time we left the hotel. Can’t they just provide ONE car pass that's valid for the number of days you’re checked into the hotel? No, you will need to get a temporary car pass every day & surrender that to the lady in the parking booth
- Cable went out & suddenly we had to press the specific number of the channel we wanted & choose ‘CATV’ each time.. The up/down channel button didn’t work anymore
- The food was decent, but I wasn't too crazy about it.. Not a lot of options for Pescetarians as myself

Apart from that, I was happy with a lot of things:
- The staff was friendly & helpful
- There was a sort of mini living room in our standard room
- The king size bed of the room was spacious
- Small fridge, safe, robes, bedroom slippers, ironing board, clothes iron, free WiFi, the works
- The drapes were thick & could completely block out light
- The hotel is conveniently located & once (for dinner), we only had to take a short walk from the hotel to Bonifacio High Street & Serendra..because we didn't want to get a car pass again
- The hotel/room’s décor felt very hip & modern
- Lighting options were good
- Free breakfast (you need to try their French toast..because the batter they use is like a cross between ‘pancake’ & 'bread')

In some of the reviews here, it says that there’s some construction going on, so we brought ear plugs. I'm not aware of the proximity of the construction site to our room, but if there *was* ongoing construction, I didn’t remember that waking us up in the middle of the night. I wouldn’t mind staying here again. I love Best Western F1 :)

Room Tip: Request a room that's far from the construction site
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kittenheel
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Room quality is good, nice beds, flat screen TV. Washroom is a bit small. Food quality in the restaurant is average to below average. Selection is good but hot dishes were luke warm to cold on both days we had breakfast. Overall I have stayed at nicer hotels in the metro Manila area that provide better value for the same price. This is a new hotel so hopefully just some wrinkles that need ironing out.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2012

It was an excellent place to stay. The hotel was recommended to me by a friend.I am glad i did listen, I had booked a room and when i arrived i was updated to a king suite. The room was very nice,beds are very comfortable and modern design, the service was good, all the staff are courteous, all smiles.I have been to Best Western Hotels in Canada, US and Europe, and its one of the best of them all.My biggest surprise is the breakfast lots of choices again so used of continental breakfast, you feel that you are staying at one of the five star hotels on food choices..I like also that it was close to everything,The hotel is centrally located, restaurants, and close to major malls and even the one of the best hospital is just a stone throw away.As a foreigner you will feel safe walking even late at night.I stayed for 4 days will definitely come back and surely will recommend to anyone.See you soon...

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The main advantages of this hotel is that it is currently the only real option in the fort bonifacio area, and is reasonably priced. The rooms are fine too, but the hotel suffers several flaws.

Firstly, the hotel is poorly designed. It has many floors, and each floor is relatively small, but it only has one bank of lifts. What's more, the lifts are very slow, and seem to work in illogical ways, the outcome being that in order to get anywhere in the hotel, you need to take a lift, and you always have to wait. I ended up taking the stairs numerous times, so suggest you opt for a lower floor.

Second, the service is still a work in progress. Maybe it's because the hotel is still new, but the staff, particularly in the restaurant, seemed unusually clueless. Many times, I ended up making my own tea, finding my own cutlery, and so on, as the staff kept dropping the ball. It's one of those hotels that makes you realise how hard it is to achieve 5 star service, because they keep missing the bar.

Room Tip: Go for a lower floor, to avoid waiting for the painfully slow lifts
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andy C
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I was excited to try this hotel and had high expectations. I booked an overnight stay when I had important things to work on over the weekend. I must say that this hotel is a good place to be productive and unwind at the same time. The (De Luxe) room was spacious, beds were comfortable to sleep in, basic bathroom amenities were provided, there are free bottled water, coffee and tea plus LAN internet access was reliable. Being a new hotel, however, there are lots of things to improve on. Check-in was not as smooth as I hoped it would be, considering that my stay was prepaid in full and booked it directly with the hotel. Even got engaged in a little debate when I asked about bed sizes as person in the frontdesk told me that my room would have 2 SINGLE (sized) beds when she meant 2 separate DOUBLE-sized beds.

I shall commend hotel concierge though for their excellent service, always ready to assist guests. Wi-Fi, at least in the room I stayed in, was very spotty--close to being useless, so the LAN access really saved my day.

Like most of the reviews here, elevators will certainly test one's patience. Aside from being small and slow, they are oddly "synchronized". The gym, pool, restaurant are accessible by particular elevators only and if you're coming from your room floor, you'll need luck that the right elevator will open when you press the down button, otherwise you will keep on waiting for the specific elevator to open for you.

Breakfast buffet at the F restaurant was not so bad BUT as early at 8:30am a lot of the serving dish were almost empty, and were not replenished (I'm talking about the common items such as corned beef, corn muffins, hashbrown etc). Kind of a let down. I have observed though that the female dining supervisor was very courteous and was visibly trying to attend to the guests' needs.

There are 3 swimming pools (with lifeguard) and they look inviting. Good for you if you have time to take a dip in the pools.

As to the quality of sleep, I'm satisfied with the comfort I felt in the room... until the noise coming from the construction beside the hotel cut short my slumber-- not cool especially on a Sunday morning.

Overall though, I enjoyed my stay here and would definitely go back sometime soon. It is a nice hotel, with ample parking and courteous staff. Biggest plus would be its location at the heart of Fort. Bonifacio Highstreet, Fort Strip and Serendra are just blocks away, lots of places to shop and dine. A supermarket (S&R), a hospital (St. Luke's) and a Starbucks with Drive Thru are also in the area. The hotel lobby located at the 5th floor is also nice especially because of the choice of furniture. Checkout was hassle-free. Just don't expect five-star (or even four) experience and you'll be ok.

Room Tip: Get rooms on higher floors...maybe you'll hear less noise coming from the construction nearby
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GieroGirl
Reviewed April 25, 2012

The first thing the F1 Best Western Hotel has going for it is its convenient location. Right now it is the only hotel at the bustling Fort Bonifacio Global City in Taguig, Metro Manila. The hotel has a very modern and new feel to it. The design is soemehing that makes visitors feel
Ike you are in a contemporary business hotel. We went there last weekend to celebrate the graduation of a nephew from high school nd his being accepted at one of the premier business programs in the country. Hence it was a very important occasion but the buffet certainly didn't live up to expectatios. The broccoli and vegetables felt dried up. The fruits and even the cheeses too tasted very dried up. Except for the roast beef, the food wasn't tasty at all. I think it was because business in the buffet was very slow. It felt as if they had just recycled the food and extended it for the past several days. That's the problem with a buffet. It is a commitment. Whether or not you have guests that finish the food aerved, you have to serve fresh food every
lunch and dinner. Either they served recycled food or they need a new chef. The only relief our entire clan got was when the teenagers just decided to order fresh cooked pasta. Those were the only dishes that proved tasty and edible.

Room Tip: Avoid the food on the buffet table. Order dishes from the kitchen so that they are warm and tasty.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
#60 of 86 in Makati
The Hotel at Green Sun
The Hotel at Green Sun
#38 of 86 in Makati

Been to F1 Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!