“Great for business conferences”
Review of F1 Hotel Manila

F1 Hotel Manila
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Taguig City
Manila, Philippines
“Great for business conferences”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Didn't stay at its accommodations, but had a business conference here recently. The service was great - the guys who waited on us were courteous, proactive (opened doors for guests - whether they're male, female, local, or foreign), and pleasant. Food served was quite good, actually! Never thought a Best Western hotel could serve peppered chicken fillet, baked salmon, or chocolate fruit tarts.

What's even better?? They still give out complimentary parking stubs for conference goers (unlike Makati Shangri-la or Mandarin Oriental, where conference goers still need to pay an exorbitant parking flat fee.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Korean first
Laguna
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed last easter sunday for a night. The Lobby was at the 5th floor with a nice view of the fort area. The rooms are bigger compared to other deluxe rooms. It is really nice to stay in a new hotel as it feels very fresh and nice to stay. They should have made the bathroom a little bigger. Overall the rooms looked good and clean. Pool is on the 5th floor w/ kiddie pool, kids will really love their stay here. The spa is not yet operational. For the fitness buff, they have a nice gym. For food, i recommend that you just go to bonifacio high street to choose from the many restaurants there. It is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. Breakfast food at the hotel was not that good compared to other hotels in manila. For tourists the tranportaion in the area are taxis and bgc bus. Overall I can stay here again, but the service in the F restaurant can be better especially the food.

1 Thank RJhardware
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Stayed with family on an Easter staycation. Construction wasn't an issue as it was Easter Sunday, no men working on the construction sites. In fairness, the right next door high rise construction site is now covered in green like plastic, making it impossible for construction hands to peek through to the hotel. Its not a nice view, but at least you can't get catcalls in the pool area.

Room: City Suite Double on the 15th floor facing 5th Avenue
Elevator: The floors are now labeled, so you now know exactly which 5th floor to press. The elevators are really small though. Bearable, we didn't have to wait longer than 2 mins to get a lift.
Pool Area: Its no Sofitel, but good enough for kids to enjoy. The infinity lap pool is good for a couple of laps. Towels are provided. Staff are courteous.

Pros:
1. Speedy enough check in, even with 2 people ahead of me.
2. Nice rooms, new and modern, earth tones, separate seating area, 2 double beds, 2 LCD TVs, iPod dock (it charges too), individual Samsung Inverter aircon, digital door (just swipe your keycard), internet cable in room (broadband available - just use this and don't whine about the Wifi), spacious closet space and bar counter with mini ref.
3. Premier Assistance line was very helpful. Asked Housekeeping for 2 extra pillows and more tissue and was attended to promptly.
4. Free basement parking - just have your ticket validated at the front desk.
5. F Restaurant breakfast - food was good enough. Good selection of breads, sausages, filipino bfast fare, eggs (you can have to cook your way), noodles, congee, cold breakfast, pancakes/waffle.
6. Very near Market Market, Serendra, Burgos Circle, Starbucks (first one with drive thru), St Lukes, The Mind Museum. Perfect hotel for running around the Fort!

Cons:
1. Shower floor floods and flows into the bathroom area. So-so amenities.
2. We had breakfast at F restaurant (this resto is small) and I pointed to a table I wanted, waitress said its not fixed yet, I said I would wait, and she offered me another table (whats up with that?). What really bothered me at F, was the lady supervisor, who looked so harassed and worried that you'd get indigestion just looking at her. And to think, there was not even a lot of people! I thought she was just about ready to bark at the waiters, though I thought the waiters were doing their job well. Some waiters would walk really fast if she so much as look at them. Hmmm...
3. Inconsistent Staff Service - I know they can still improve on providing more consistent service. Most staff were courteous, helpful in the elevators, but still inconsistent specially in the restaurant. Some folks didn't look like they were happy to be there. Its not yet what you would call 'pleasant' and not even 'service with a smile', its just not there yet.

This hotel has a lot of potential. They are obviously still working around some of the kinks. But I think, in time, with good management and training, this hotel can maintain being number 1 (it is now because it is the only hotel in da Fort). This will probably be the only option in this area for still a couple more years to come. Hopefully, they put this headstart to good use, to build up that advantage.

Room Tip: As this is a city hotel, higher floors are definitely preferred. 5th Ave side is away from the high...
Reviewed April 8, 2012

My family and I had a wonderful weekend, thanks to F1 hotel. I availed of a room through Deal Grocer at a discounted rate and immediately made reservations because I knew that they will have high occupancy on Black Saturday. Fortunately, I was still able to reserve a room for us.

Their reservation officer answers questions through emails within the day.

We were really excited to try this new hotel in Bonifacio Global City. I was aware of all the negative feedback on this hotel so I wanted to find out for myself if they were true. I'm glad it didn't fail my expectations.

Upon entering the hotel, I immediately noticed that the staff was very friendly and accommodating. They led us to the 5th floor lobby where we were supposed to check in. The elevator was okay during our entire stay, didn't make us wait even if it was a busy Saturday.

Check in was also a breeze. We were so happy because we were upgraded from a Deluxe room to a City Suite. It was a pleasant surprise considering that we were able to get the room at discounted rates. I don't know why but maybe they randomly chose who to upgrade among their guests who also availed of the same discounted voucher. We immediately knew that we will enjoy our stay there.

As expected, the room was very nice primarily because it's new. It's spacious and clean and the bathroom was A-ok. Since it was a suite, we had 2 flat TV sets, which meant our kids could watch cartoons while my hubby and I watch movies on the other TV. The aircon was okay and the beds were very comfortable. The 2 double beds was just right for the four of us. We didn't hear any construction outside although we could hear people talking at the lobby. Yes, maybe the hotel should do something to make the rooms sound-proof.

We rested for a while before going down to the swimming pool area. There were 3 pools, a lapping pool, a wading pool and a kiddie pool. My 2 boys were so excited to try all the 3 pools. The pools' location was very good because there was enough shade from the sun even on a hot summer afternoon. After 2 hours of swimming, we decided to go back to our room to shower and get ready for dinner outside the hotel.

The location of this hotel is a real plus. It is within walking distance to a lot of upscale restaurants and shops in Bonifacio High Street and Serendra. There were other specialty restaurants or cafes nearby but they were closed most probably because it was a Black Saturday. We went back to the hotel a little before midnight and watched TV before hitting the sack.

The following morning, we woke up early to try their breakfast. There were only a few choices for breakfast (unlike in other 5-star hotels) but that was fine with us because they had bacon and yummy scrambled eggs and a cereal station. The restaurant (F1) was packed because of the hotel's high occupancy but the restaurant staff were able to deliver our requests immediately.

We went swimming again after breakfast until it was time to take a shower and check out of the hotel. I would have wanted to stay longer but we had other things to do at home.

Overall, I recommend F1 to anyone who wants to stay in a less busy but upscale portion of Manila.

1 Thank purplefrance
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We are a family of 3 - little girl in tow.

PROS: Our little girl really had a blast with the swimming pools. Most of the other kids seem to be enjoying themselves as well. Breakfast buffet is delicious. I love the idea of them cooking a certain portion of something and then replaced with a new dish. Internet connection is ok the whole 3 days we were there (ok for surfing but not for downloads which I believe is understandable). Customer service ok, particularly at the pool area. Rooms are huge considering the rates, we had a mini- hallway from the entrance door. Memorex ipod docks. And the best of all - divine linen spray on the sheets - I definitely like!

CONS: As some reviewers mentioned, there's a bit of a problem with the replenishing of rooms supplies. I had to call to have my toiletries replaced and that was a first for me. And please put up a signage or call rates booklet beside the phones so that we know that NONE of the calls are free. We've stayed in other hotels in Manila and it was a sour surprise to be paying for Php35 per call when mobile phone rates are dirt cheap here in the Philippines.

Bangkok
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Its in the middle of a great new section of the city known as Global City. In contrast to my perception of an overcrowded Manila congested by traffic and fumes, the hotel surroundings were pleasantly tidy, no overhanging power cables, clean and most importantly safe. I walked around alone in the night without being mugged.

If you are looking for excitement nearby, well there will be none so far. I asked the bell boy where I could get a decent drink in a bar, he told me "Sir, no strippers here in Global city, only restaurant where you can get beer". I wonder which part of my face indicated I needed raunchy fun. The rooms were homey and cosy, of chic design that of a modern in-city studio apartment. Breakfast, good spread of western and local. The waffle had the consistency of rock, but maybe that's how Philippine waffles were suppose to be.

The hotel was actually still under construction the period I stayed. The upper floors were meant for residence and was not completed yet. So if you are to go these months when this review is written, expect noise, lots. The surrounding buildings were all undergoing constructions, clanks and bangs filled the settings of my stay. I surveyed the spa and gym. Well no spa, it was under construction. Gym? You get high from all the adhesive fumes from the spa next door. Swimming pool, not big, I call them fishpond without fishes and construction workers next block viewed you in full. You also risk getting hit by falling concrete and drowning unconscious.

Paying by credit card caused me heart to skip a beat. The reception gave me a are-you-sure-you-got-money look when all my cards were rejected by their machine on the day of my checked in. Calling back to my country, all my cards were active and had no bad credit. The reception refused to let me in and as a result, my Philippine colleague had to call in to use his card as collateral. And on the day of check out, my cards were magically accepted by the hotel's system as I tried for the final attempt to pay. My other colleagues from where I am from reported they had the same problems before.

They had free internet for me, I could surf the web well, but accessing my corporate mails by VPN was impossible. Could be the same reasons as why my cards were rejected - IT system badly administered in hotel.

All in all, it was a really pleasant businessmen hotel, not for tourist as its in a business district. However, it should have had special rates the period I went and be easier on me pockets with all the constructions going on and missing amenities.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Milpitas, California
Reviewed March 30, 2012

You would think a new hotel would put their best impression to new customers as to make them return, but this will likely be my first and last stay. First off tho, the room we rented was really nice and pretty modern with 2 flat panel tvs, a desk clock with an iPod/iPhone slot to charge. Beds are quite firm which my wife loves. Wifi is decent but appears to be spotty in some areas. Bathroom/shower looks cool too. Watch out for the wooden floors as they may be slippery. We still have to try their infinity pool and the gym area. But all this becomes secondary when customer service is subpar at best. Case in point, we're forced to call several times for just 2 towels and their complimentary bottled water as it was taking too long. We're only able to obtain them from housekeeping as they're several rooms from us.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
#18 of 82 in Makati
Discovery Primea
Discovery Primea
#2 of 82 in Makati

Been to F1 Hotel Manila? Share your experiences!