“2nd at 2nd's”

Ranked #222 of 656 Restaurants in Taguig City
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2012

It was our 2nd year anniversary and my husband and I were looking for a nice place to dine in. A friend of our's recommended 2nd's. We checked the menu and some pictures to see if it would suit the mood and since it did, we booked right away. We called to have our reservation since it is our second anniversary and we want it to be special.

When we arrived there, they were very accommodating and directed us to our tables right away. Our table was in the elevated part of the restaurant and we had a view outside. The waiters really made us feel comfortable and relaxed. They were always smiling and very attentive in our needs. My order, which was the beef rib adobo, was kinda salty so I did not enjoyed it that much but my husband's order, which was summer grilled porkchop, tastes better so he really enjoyed it. We ordered the leche flan turon for dessert and since I'm a dessert type of person, this dessert revived my disappointment with my main course.

I hope that the staff wouldn't change their approach because they really were doing well. They made our 2nd anniversary really memorable.

1  Thank olivia1128

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Didn't expect to like this place as much as I did.
Yummy food, though not the kind you can eat to often.
Service was friendly and efficient

1  Thank Lemonhead67
Reviewed May 27, 2012

2nd’s is a great little restaurant which is set up like a homey living room with a laid-back vibe.

I can see why the beef rib adobo is their bestseller. The slow braised beef ribs adobo with garlic, served with steamed rice and green mango and tomato salsa is indeed my all time favourite comfort food here. Delicious. We also had the three little pigs kawali (crispy pork belly with rosemary, foie gras bites, green mango and tomato salsa with steamed rice and special liver sauce) The roasted garlic rice is also very memorable.

Great food great service what more could you ask for !!!! I am sure to go back for 2nds after my first visit. This is the true truth as i say it as it is…

(www.perfyi.wordpress.com)

1  Thank pauljer
Reviewed September 26, 2011

A friend introduced us to this new restaurant -- situated in an upscale area. The place is clean and classy.

The food is marvelous! Serving and plating is good. The vino went well with my food. Our bill was manageable and we went home feeling satisfied.

Another visit is a must! I hope next time we get to meet the chef!

3  Thank yokoramos
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Very pleasant surprise after ordering 2 starters and 2 mains and having them all be pretty darn good. Very reasonable prices too. The dining and bar area are a stark contrast from the hideous elevator it takes to get to the 2nd floor (where the restaurant is located). If you aren't looking it's easy to miss the entrance on the ground level, next to Agave and the Nike store just off Bonifacio High Street.
We had the curry chicken spring rolls, caprese stack salad, beef rib adobo and fish n chips. So rare to be happy with our whole dinner order here in Manila, but at 2nd's we were thoroughly satisfied. We will definitely go back to try more dishes.

2  Thank travelswithdogs0