“Nice place”

Ranked #39 of 664 Restaurants in Taguig City
Cuisines: Southwestern, Filipino, Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: At Agave Mexican Cantina, we take pride in serving authentic and creative Mexican dishes. From the classics like burritos and fajitas to party platters great for sharing to our famous bottomless margaritas, Agave satisfies your cravings!
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Came here incidentally to hear some jazz during the Feb festival. Enjoyed a reasonable margarita, some excellent crispy fried pork belly with tortillas and fresh toppings to wrap it in. Cute servers in cowboy hats livened up the atmosphere. Probably among the best Mexican food I have found in Manila.

AgaveMexicanCantina, Founder at Agave Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Thank for taking the time to review us! We're glad you enjoyed our Crispy Pork Belly Grande. It's our take on a fusion of Mexican flavors and a traditional Filipino Lechon dish. We hope to see you here again soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My cousins and I first went to Agave last December 2013. We stayed near the bar which is outside. It was a Sunday and the second floor was closed.

We ordered cheese enchiladas, buffalo wings, Mexican Pizza, Chili con carne, and bottomless margarita (house and strawberry). The food was generally delicious. Although, the buffalo wings were quite small compared to other Mexican-American restos serving that. We were near the bar so it was easy to get the attention of the servers for our orders and requests.The experience was good.

However, the second time we visited Agave this month, the experience was not quite as good. We sat inside the restaurant on the first floor. We came a little after dinner time for some drinks and nachos on a weekday. The server got our order wrong but good thing they were able to correct it. We decided to change the drinks from bottomless to just 2 pitchers of margarita as they told us that the last call for bottomless orders is at 11:45 pm. It took a while before we got our orders so we had to constantly try to catch the attention of the servers. I do not know if it was just because there were a lot of guests that is why the servers are having a hard time attending to all the customers, but we really felt that the service was quite slow.

All in all, the service is ok and the food is good. I recommend to stay near the bar as it is easier to call the attention of the servers/crew.

AgaveMexicanCantina, Founder at Agave Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad you enjoyed the food. We always strive to give great customer service and we'll do our best to improve your experience next time. We've been a bit short of staff the last few weeks, but we've already hired new servers to bring us back up to full power. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

My friend celebrated her birthday in this resto/bar. We were here Friday night and there was a live band. Most of us ordered the bottomless mojito and margaritas. Service was just okay and we understand the delay in our orders because its a Friday night. Crews are friendly and attentive.

AgaveMexicanCantina, Founder at Agave Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us! Our Bonifacio High Street branch actually doesn't have any live entertainment, so you probably dined at our newest nearby branch in McKinley Hill where we have live bands every Friday and Saturday night. Unfortunately Tripadvisor doesn't list this branch yet.

Our McKinley Hill branch has only been open for a few weeks so we're still adjusting to the large crowds we've been receiving on Friday nights, but we're doing our best to improve the speed of service. We're glad you and your friend had a fun time for her birthday and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Agave Fort Bonifacio:

My friends and I planned to spend my birthday (Oct 10) at Agave Fort Bonifacio. I reserved for 15 persons (smoking) for 6pm on October 10, 2013. I called in on October 9 to reserve. At 5:30pm on October 10, Agave texted me asking for confirmation of my reservation. I responded immediately and said yes. We got to the restaurant at around 5:45. We waited for another 10 minutes for a receptionist to assist us. When they finally did, they ushered us into the corner table. (Each table seats 4) They put two tables together. I asked, "I reserved for 15." The waitress goes, "Kaya po 15 diyan, siksikan nalang po." I got irritated because I had that reservation. The other table was occupied by another group which did not reserve at all. I demanded to speak to their manager to settle things. The manager took really long to talk to me, it was already 6:00 and we were very hungry coming from work. When I finally got to talk to the manager, she said that they didnt expect the other group to take long. I explained that I reserved for 15 and it wasn't a last minute reservation. It was a reservation the day before. I told her that I'll give her until 6:15 to think of something for us. It was raining very hard, and moving 15+ people to a different location during peak hours isnt exactly easy. When 6:15 came, I asked the waitress to talk to the manager again. After 10 minutes, another girl came. Apparently, there were two managers, Ms. Rocel Concepcion and Ms. Marites. Ms. Marites, already off-duty, talked to me and explained that it was their fault and they will give me a discount. They said that as soon as the group leaves, they'll fix the tables. Ms. Marites asked if we could just stay inside instead and move later. So I agreed knowing how hungry my workmates and I were.

The night went on and things got better. The food and drinks were good and our group was having fun. An officemate saw that the group outside had less people so he went out and asked if they could move to one table instead so we could occupy the 3 tables outside. They agreed.

When it came time to get the bill, I saw that they overcharged us with drinks. There were 17 people present, and they charged all 17 for drinks although only 15 drank. The other 2 were allergic to alcohol. So I asked to talk to Ms. Marites again but sadly she was gone. So I asked to talk to Ms. Rocel Concepcion, but she wouldnt want to face me. She was giving messages through her waitresses. Take note, she wasn't busy either. She was talking to a friend at the bar. She kept insisting that we ordered 17 drinks and not 15.

Our group noticed the hostility of this Ms. Rocel Concepcion towards our group. A friend changed seats because she felt that this Ms. Rocel was eyeing her in a very hostile manner and it got her very uncomfortable. I admit that I was also uncomfortable with such service coming from the manager of a very reputable restaurant. Throughout the night, I asked to speak with her multiple times but she only talked to me once and that was the first time.

In the end, I wanted to get her name. Instead, she told her waitresses that its not allowed or something like that. When I said I was going to publish this, she put her name on the receipt. It was all gibberish and I couldnt understand it like she was mocking me. As a result, my girlfriend went up to her, got her name and contact details.

Our overall experience at Agave was mediocre. With the price of their food and drinks, I would expect excellency from their leaders. Ms. Marites was a great manager for the amount of time I was able to speak to her but this Ms. Rocel Concepcion was just atrocious. I have informed the Ayala management about this and will go up to their president regarding this experience. I just wanted to spend my birthday with friends and enjoy but it turned out to be a nightmare.

NEVER AGAIN AGAVE. NEVER AGAIN.

2  Thank jedllanes
AgaveMexicanCantina, Founder at Agave Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Hi Jed. We've spent the last few days investigating what happened with the service you received, and certainly we had lapses. Our opening team made a mistake in reserving enough outside tables to accommodate your party at 6:00. We normally only have 30 seats available outside and an earlier group stayed longer than we anticipated which interfered with reserving enough seats for your party. We're glad to hear that Ms. Marites attended you properly though.

We're also glad that you enjoyed the food and drinks.

We've spent a lot of time looking into what happened with your bill. Normally one server handles one table and when a bill is prepared, the cashier checks with the server to make sure that its correct. Because of the size of your party and since you moved from inside to outside, several different servers attended you. When the cashier tried to check the bill, there was a miscommunication between the servers that resulted in the extra 2 margaritas being added to your bill. Our mistake, no doubt about it.

However the most troubling part of your review is the treatment you received from our manager on duty at the time. We've spoken at length with her and there's genuinely no excuse for what happened. After the original mix up with reserving your table, what SHOULD have happened is:

Our Manager should have personally attended your table as much as possible. She should have tried to make up for our original mistakes with a discount and/or free food or drinks. She should have personally brought you the bill and if there was a problem with it, personally corrected any mistakes on it quickly and efficiently. She should have then personally brought you your credit card slip or change, apologized again for any mistakes and thanked you for dining with us.

That's what SHOULD have happened. That's how we train our managers to behave and treat our guests. Sadly that did not happen here. Upon investigation it appears that our manager got flustered from the original mistake and became intimidated and shy to handle your table personally and properly. But there's no excuse for that and I can guarantee she's learned many lessons from this.

I know our Operations Manager and Restaurant Manager for our Fort branch have already been personally in touch with you to apologize for what happened and to try to make things up to you. I hope that you will accept our invitation to return to any of our Agave branches as our personal guest so we can show you the service and attention that we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

It's actually a bit of a challenge to write a review about this place. It didn't stand out in any positive or negative manner - it just is. The beers were cold, my friend's margarita was indeed bottomless, the food was as advertised. It was neither the best nor the worst Mexican food I've had.

It was nice to sit outside. The wait staff had... interesting attire, as well as an interesting habit to stand too close at the beginning.

Really... I don't know what more to say. It's fine.

AgaveMexicanCantina, Founder at Agave Mexican Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review Agave! We always try to provide a memorable and exceptional experience for all our guests. If you're looking for something a bit unique, next time you could try our Chambord Raspberry Margarita or Coconut Mojito for drinks. For entrees, try our Crispy Pork Belly Grande or Agave Baby Back Ribs for a more stand-out Mexican experience. We hope to see you again soon!