“Average ”

Red Kimono
Ranked #282 of 666 Restaurants in Taguig City
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

This is more of a 2.5 rating than a 3. I'm reviewing the one in Glorietta where my friend and I dined in this evening.

First, there wasn't anyone who greeted and seated us, so we sat ourselves at a recently vacated table by the glass partition. It took awhile for them to clear our table.

Second, the tables and chairs are too near each other we refused to be transferred to another table (clean). My friend was a little claustrophobic and we needed a little breathing room cause the dim lighting didn't help. My friend felt "closed in" but started to relax when other customers left.

Third, food was above average but not exceptional. It was reasonably priced though. I was disappointed they didn't have the kamameshi rice because I was looking forward to eating it. Then I noticed that branch is like a fast food because it says "Red Kimono Quick". The miso soup was bland, the gyoza was passable, the chicken teriyaki was just ok, but the crunchy salmon sashimi was good. It was too rich in flavor for my friend though.

Lastly, service was very poor. At a sit-down establishment where there are servers, McDonald's could give them a run for their money. They weren't smiling, they weren't attentive and it took forever to give us our bill.

To sum it up, I may come back for the food but I'll try another branch.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

the food tasted okay. if you wanted to answer your japanese food cravings and have limited budget, try red kimono. we ordered salmon sashimi, shrimp tempura and chicken teppanyaki. the crew are accommodating but not that attentive.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

At first glance on the menu, I was disappointed that they had few maki varieties. I ended up ordering Crunchy Tuna Maki and Spicy Salmon Crunch and to my surprise, they were actually good! Well of course they do not compare with Omakase's makis, but it was good enough for the price that you pay, so I was satisfied with my dining experience there.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Not commensurated with the food.
Food is so-so and yet highly priced.
The resto is crowded, tables and chairs are placed very near each other that you would not spare a bump when mobilizing.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I consider this a japanese fastfood because they dont make you wait for your order. Upon order, they serve in not a few minutes go by. I also love that they are usually not full despite all restaurants being packed in BGC during dining hours. It does not however speak of their standard because the flavors are spot on and every meal is very tasty. It doesnt hurt that they dont charge as much as other restaurants for their food. Very reasonably priced for a restaurant in the area.