“I never thought they'd serve unli rice” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Abe Serendra

Abe Serendra
Ranked #1 of 580 Restaurants in Taguig City
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
davao, cebu, manila
“I never thought they'd serve unli rice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Among the foreign-food restos in Serendra, there's Abe, a Filipino resto. Of all the dishes we ordered--gising-gising, sinigang, adobo/humba, etc., I forgot the name of the dish that tastes like dinuguan but not at all dark. And I like it. Everything's usual but that. Try their tamarind shake also. I'll try their kamias shake next time. And what made this posh resto in Serendra truly a Filipino resto is that they serve unli rice! Haha, yes, unli rice, the benchmark these days of what makes a resto truly Filipino.

• Visited August 2012

Makati City
“So...So...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Well, aside from its superb location, the only sort of special thing about Abe was their Sinuteng Baby Squid and that yellowish rice i forgot what its called(which is a bit pricey anyway). The Sugpo in Aligue ng talangka was good but a bit overpriced for a 4pc-sugpo worth P595.00. Theres some lacking taste with their pork lengua asado, which dissappointed me. I think there are better restos to try within BHS. But overall, i can still give it a try.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 276fifi
Makati, Philippines
“Filipino food with a modern twist”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

A must try is their crispy tilapia whose dip is somewhat pungent and strong and every bit exotic. There is not much people on weekeday lunch but it is safe to make a reservation. They provide outdoor seating and it is quite nice when it is cool outside. Per order is around P300 and is good for two to three persons.

Visited November 2012
Quezon City, Philippines
“Simply Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Having gone to more popular Filipino resto in the city, my family and I on a malling day at Trinoma, Quezon City had our lunch at Abe restaurant. Generally the location and inner surrounding is clean. After giving our food order, we were advised that the food will be served in about 25 minutes. Considering that the food we requested are the usual Filipino dishes and likely their resto most sought after I thought it was quite a bit of a waiting. But to my surprise, the kilawin tanguige was served in a jiffy and made us to believe the rest of the food soon to follow BUT not so, as how would one devour the kilawin without rice (mind you, this is not a drinking spree). My sweetheart did not at all approved the Kare-Kare which is supposedto be our main dish, there were not enough piece of meat for the three of us, the sauce sans the peanut flavor and the anchovy, my gosh, was not at all tasty fit for this kind of dish. On the better side, their pork hamonado and ripe mangoes shake were superb!!! The bamboo rice, so-so. The staff were neat looking and friendly and customer feedback conscious. It was my daughter who did the customer satisfaction slip, and knowing her as a student of Holy Spirit.......she is generous to everyone!!!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank HOG A BOL
“Horrible experience!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We were looking for authentic Filipino food and saw Abe's so we decided to eat there for dinner. The best thing is that we were seated immediately despite the fact that they are really busy. But here is the worst part.. First, we asked for water 4 times before getting it. That took about 10 minutes. The waitress even took our order for water and still did not bring it!!! I hate having to ask for things as basic as water especially in a restaurant because isn't that the first thing you get?!! Second, the silver spoon they gave was not washed good!! There was a pretty big piece of rice stuck to it still. That is just so disgusting!!! When I let the waitress now, she just took it, replaced it without even apologizing. Finally, we receive our food and as I was eating it I found a piece of hair!!! My cousin asked the waiter if we could speak to a managed and he asked why so we told him, and he goes to his manager in front of us whispering before we can explain what happened. The manager was also very horrible. After telling him the situation, he says he is sorry and offers to change the meal but we were scared they might do something with the food so we said no. We were not looking to get any meals comped however we were looking for great service. The manager looks like he doesn't even know what to do. In the U.S. this would have been handled greatly, especially for complaints as disgusting as what we had. When we were done, we waited about another 10 min. May i add that no one came to check on our table at all the whole time we were eating. I got up and asked for the check for our table from the waitress. She then just walked past our table and we waited for awhile so we would have to ask again!!!! Omg does this place think their food is that great? It's expensive and understandable because of location but the food is mediocre and the lack of service doesn't make up for it at all. I would never recommend this place to anyone.. There are a lot of restaurants in the area.. Please keep looking before stopping to eat at this place.

3 Thank Jelliearr