“Great weekend get away!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frosterley
Cromer House Camping Barn
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great weekend get away!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in frosterley this weekend, i was worried that the barn may be a little cold in the the evenings up the wood burning stove did its job admirably. There are good kitchen and shower facilities. The owners where really helpful and I felt very looked after.

. Frosterley it's self is a fun little village with two pubs a shop and a chip shop, so there was plenty to do in the evening. Strangely the two best pubs in the area had the same name and I would highly recommend The Black Bull in both woolsingham and frosterley for good pub food.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Self-catering for families, great conversion done by the owners who are keen organic gardeners. Family friendly - there's a playground within yards - and you can walk from the door along the Wear river valley, or catch the local steam or diesel train when it runs in the summer. Cyclists and walkers should check out the valley routes and the nearby Hamsterley wood with its trails.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Southport
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for a weekend at the end of March. I didn't really know what to expect to be honest because I'd never stayed in a camping barn before. I couldn't believe how lovely the place was. The accommodation was immaculately maintained. In fact I thought we were actually the first people to have stayed there it was so well looked after.

The downstairs has a nice kitchen and little dining area, as well as a huge wet room for getting showered. Upstairs there were four single beds which were extremely comfortable. This area also contained a wood burning stove which kept the place extremely warm. The smell of the stove is absolutely beautiful too.

The owners Julia and Lance had lit it for us prior to arrival, and did so the following day too just before we got back from our day out on the bikes.

Frosterley is situated in the middle of miles and miles of picturesque scenery. Perfect for getting on the bikes or walking trips. We had a great weekend. Would I go back? Yes.

ps. Their eco policy is great too.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank paddyp162

Been to Cromer House Camping Barn? Share your experiences!