“waste of time and money”
Review of Fletchers Arms

Fletchers Arms
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“waste of time and money”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Thought my husband and my elderly parents would give this place another chance, still stone cold inedible yorkshire puddings sat on the side, wafer thin meat, hard potatoes, soggy veg. did'nt complain last time but when you do make a complaint via email the only reply is for you to contact them, and when you do, they make you out to be liars as they do not do anything to rectify or help, its just a bog standard reply from a computer. we went for my an anniversary in July and was told we should have said something at the time. Rubbish

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Yvonne W

“Consistently Very Good”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I have been going to the Fletchers Arms for many years, since even before it was a carvery and we have always been pleased with the quality of the food and the attitude of the staff who look after us. In recent years I can only speak for the carvery and we usually go on Saturday evenings although we have taken our whole family to Christmas Day lunch on three or four occasions.
The staff are invariably pleasant and attentive. The carvery has impressive joints of meat and there is a good range of vegetables, nicely cooked. We have never been disappointed with the portions of meat, they are usually well above the average for this type of meal. My wife often has the Veggie Carvery and finds the salad bar very much to her liking in variety and quality and there is a wide range of supplements eg. cranberry sauce, apple sauce etc. The only drawback from our point of view is that we normally go between 7pm and 8pm on Saturday when the pub is either busy or very busy. Often we get a table straight away. However, we sometimes have to wait for a table, usually not more than half an hour or so. What else can I say? If we didn't think that the Fletchers is very good we wouldn't have been going there for so long.
It is very good and good value for money. I am giving it only Four Stars because, after all, nothing is absolutely perfect.

• Visited August 2013
Kate E, Public Relations Manager at Fletchers Arms, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear BobE,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such lovely comments about us. It is much appropriated.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Carvery -don't miss it!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Never had a bad meal here! Carvery is a must. Good value for money,great choice of meats and veggies.
Ohh and the gravy is nearly as good as mine! Lol
Staff are lovely,polite and friendly :)

Visited April 2013
“Pleasant yet strange.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Rather expensive for thin meat and an Irish mixed grill. Pleasant interior & service but all a little false and odd.

• Visited August 2013
Kate E, Public Relations Manager at Fletchers Arms, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear DavidBalls63,
Thanks again for your review, I’m sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us. I wonder if you could call me to give me some more information about what made you reach your opinions above? Atmosphere is hugely important to us and it is therefore concerning to hear the above comments.
My number is 0161 485 6001
“Waste of time”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Farmed through on a Sunday; queue for twenty minutes for cold service & cold, wafer thin meat. £8.95 on a Sunday (why? I'm sure the staff aren't on Sunday rates?) for the same as mid week. Service at table was average but evidently too many cooks spoil the broth. Used to come regularly before revamp but with that has come a feeling of being in a chain of shops. Once a regular, not now.

• Visited July 2013
Dear DavidBalls63,
Thank you for your review.
I’m disappointed to hear that you had a poor meal with us. We are a very popular destination for Sunday lunch and we do get very busy, although we would never want you to feel ‘farmed’. Our prices are set competitively and this is represented by our mid-week cheaper carveries.
I’d be interested to hear more details and would appreciate if you could call me to discuss this?
My number is 0161 485 6001