“Local”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My wife and I have lived in Denton for almost 20 years - and have frequented the Fletchers - the BEST carvery for miles

Reviewed February 17, 2013

my family and i have visited the fetchers several times in the past and have always found it to be excellent, great food and good atmosphere,and after visiting other restaurant s in the area found it the best by far.however our visit on(sunday 17th feb) left my family and i really disappointed,there was a great selection of meat but the veg or lack of it recked the meal,along with the lack of mashed potatoes,so in theory we paid £8.95 for just a couple of slices which is very expensive.we will never eat there again.we will be going to the mickerbrooke or the midway as they have had better reviews.

2  Thank ElaineB528793
Kate E, Manager at Fletchers Arms, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fletchers Arms. Please be assured that we welcome and respect any customer feedback and, if appropriate, conduct an investigation to ascertain the circumstances.

In order for us to look into your comments further I wonder if you could call me on 0161 485 6001 to provide me with more information about your visit, specifically what time you dined with us.

We do run 10 vegetable options every Sunday and this weekend was no exception. I can only apologise that you missed having mashed potatoes but as I’m sure you can understand it is very difficult to please the 400 or so customers we have through the door every Sunday. We do try to please the majority though and we have found through experience that our customers would prefer to have the choice of fresh, seasonal vegetables and, in our experience, fresh mashed potato does not keep well on our carvery, meaning we’d be serving less than excellent products.

We understand the importance good customers and would hate to think that we have lost one in you, therefore I hope that these issues can be resolved and you and your family can continue to be regular, happy customers of the Fletchers Arms.

I look forward to your call.

Kind regards
Kate Evans
Marketing and Events Manager

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went as a party of 8, every one had a great meal. It is about the best carvery lunch available, be pepaired for 7 or 8 choices of meats all cooked to a good standard. One of our party is disabled, the staff went the extra mile to ensure he was well looked after. Drinks are normal pub prices and bar waiting time is kept to a minimum. It is worth booking first as turning up on the day (even mid week ) can be a lottery.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I have visited the Fletchers Arms several times. In a part y of twenty, with family and today just with my husband. Each time the place was spotlessly clean, the staff very friendly with extra special attention to our specific needs. The carvery was the best I have ever tasted. On each occasion there was a choice of beef, turkey, ham and Chinese Pork all beautifully cooked. The choice of five / six vegetables again cooked to perfection not over cooked. In addition to these of course are roast potatoes, new potatoes, and roast sweet potatoes, deicious. Theis is topped by an enormous yorkshire pudding. Extensive Salad bar was also available. Vegetarian dishes were also available and looked delicious. I am surprised at the variety of gravies, I have tried them all but my favourate is the cheifs peppercorn sauce.
I cannot recommend this venue highly enough.
I consider it good value for money, today I had two courses for £10 It costs £6.95 for the carvery alone. The veggie dishes did vary in price.
I have already booked for our next family meal. My thanks goes to each member of the team.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went to Fletchers Arms pub in Denton last month with my wife and grandson. Looks much more corporate than its previous family armosphere. Nice new refurb and Food is still spot on. Quiz.night is good but experience ruined as we saw the manager/owner, (30s man, blonde hair) shouting and screaming at member of staff. Was quite disturbing an upsetting for my wife and it has put us off. Despite that friendly atentive service was given on this occasion.

1  Thank RobertBarns