“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Middleton
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very Convenient location for Heaton Park which is great and Middleton Arena. Only a short drive in to Manchester.
Fabulous staff who were keen to please, and decent food!
Overall a family friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Cornwall UK
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn for 4 nights during March 2013. We chose it for its location almost halfway between the homes of our two daughters. The room was comfortable and clean with a good bed as usual for Premier Inns. It is very near the motorway but far enough away to be quiet, and the only sounds we heard were the odd light switch in the adjacent bedroom or footstep in the hall. The clientele were obviously very quiet while we were there. There was ample free parking.
The reception staff were friendly and welcoming as were the staff in the adjacent pub which served as the restaurant.

We did not eat breakfast as we cannot cope with the Premier inn lavish spread - we go for an instant porridge pot and a banana in our room - but the evening meals were very reasonable and while not brilliant were well worth the £10 for two that the majority cost.

Overall the hotel was exactly what was needed at a reasonable price. As someone else has said, the TV was very dated and this is not the newest of Premier Inns, but nonetheless very pleasant.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ranson
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This hotel has some of the nicest staff of any Premier Inns and I stay in a lot of them! The hotel is a little tired could do with flat screen tvs and a little refurb in parts but the welcoming staff more than make up for it. Lovely smiley and helpful Trisha and Damien on the reception made my stay very welcoming and were interested in feedback before I left which is unusual.
Will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked this hotel when there was a sale on so we got a really good deal. We wanted to go to Manchester and chose this hotel because of the good reviews. On arrival the gentleman on reception was very welcoming. Our room was a typical Premier Inn room, clean and well presented and we had been provided with a travel cot, as requested, as well as some blankets which we hadn't expected as we had brought blankets with us.The room was cold when we arrived but it soon warmed up. The bathroom was clean. There were coffee and tea sachets as well as cartons of milk. There were no decaffeinated drinks but I asked at reception and was provided with some. We all had a good night's sleep.
The next day we decided to go to breakfast which was served in the pub beside the hotel.There were two options - a continental breakfast or a cooked breakfast which also included the continental breakfast. We opted for just the continental breakfast. There were no decaffeinated drinks and when I asked I was told that they didn't have any. I ended up going back to the hotel room to get one of the sachets we had been given the day before. There was very little selection of foods to choose from and the only jam provided was apricot jam. It just didn't seem to be as good as other breakfasts we have had in premier inns before. We would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel and if I was just rating the hotel I would give it five stars but the breakfast let it down.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bu_family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Maybe not the most modern hotel in the group and the hallway to the bedrooms was cold but the bedroom was as you would expect it in a Premier. Staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. Would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis N
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have stayed in numerous Premier Inns over the years but not for a while so I was quite surprised when I arrived here last week. The room was a lot more sparse than I remember from my previous visits. Not very welcoming but the worst thing of all was on getting out of bed in the middle of the night to open the window for some fresh air I gave my head a massive bang on the sloping ceiling right next to the window.I'm sure a while ago there eas a settee under the window which prevented this. To me it was more like a Travel lodge which I know to be less appealing.
i must say the staff were very helpful and printed off maps and booked taxis for us.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ManchesterFoxylady
Sunderland, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great staff, usual quality room for Premier Inn - never been disappointed yet. The only reason I didn't give it the full 5 stars is because we had a noisy family directly upstairs - although this was only about 8am when we were trying to lie in so it wasn't too bad - and no fault of the hotel's. The pub next to it that we went to for breakfast and tea was also very good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank David T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleton
Premier Inn Manchester (Heaton Park) Hotel
247Hotel
247Hotel
#10 of 12 in Oldham
Mercure Manchester Norton Grange Hotel and Spa

Been to Comfort Inn Manchester North? Share your experiences!