“Great Food and Superb service.”
Review of Ocean Lounge

Cuisines: Chinese, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been a few times, I had my sons birthday there really good food, recently my daughter turned 18 there was 16 of us, it was fabulous they put up all the decorations I'd dropped of earlier in the day and added some of there own. They brought the cake out, my daughter received a lovely bottle of red wine in a silver bag as a present from them the food was superb the staff are really lovely people they can't don't enough for you really friendly, try it if you fancy a nice meal you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank Abbeybongo

Reviewed January 29, 2013

nice food lovely cocktails a little slow on service but the staff are very friendly all in all we had a good nite with sis in law and friends

2  Thank Janie C
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We ate here on 29th Dec 12. We booked a table at 7pm as we had a child with us but there wasn't any need as we were the only people in for the first half hour. The decor is very modern and clean looking. I should imagine that when it is busier the atmosphere is great. The staff were very friendly and considerate but the food was a little lacking. We ordered the mixed platter to start but most of it was very greasy and overcooked and I suspect it could have been left over from an early service and refried. The main course was not particularly hot and because the restaurant was a little chilly the dishes were cold before we had finished them. The chicken had obviously been soaked in Bicarbonate of Soda giving that plastic chicken effect which some people like but I don't. I would prefer it to have the texture of chicken.

I cannot fault the service and maybe had we eaten later the food may have been better. Would I eat there again? Probably not.

2  Thank lynnee46
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I had businesses dinner on Saturday , we got table without reservation. Friendly staff. Good selection of cocktails. Nice place for romantic dinner. Food was just OK, but nice atmosphere. I had salty prawns and with only one dish I was full, so nice portions.

3  Thank Izzy223
Reviewed January 8, 2012

We went here between Christmas and New Year. We booked and were glad we had. There were 2 large parties beside our own both of who arrived at roughly the same time as us.
Considering this they did quite well with the service though we did wait a little longer than I would have liked on a couple of occasions.
The food was good. I didn't have the soup but those that did said it was above average. On the other hand the starters (two sharing platters) were really just average. There were quite a lot of mains to choose from and some of us had Thai and some Chinese. All were described as good. My own three meat roastie was very good as were the accompanying noodles.
The decor and general ambiance was pretty good, though it still felt very pub like.
I would definitely go again , hopefully on a quieter night.

1  Thank Crystal58