“OH WHAT A DIRTY PLACE”

Karim's
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Middleton
Cuisines: Chinese, Indian, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Whitworth, United Kingdom
“OH WHAT A DIRTY PLACE”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Both my husband and myself dine out quite a lot and we have never been to such a dirty, noisy, unfriendly and staff with attitude problems restaurant. First time and last at THIS place, can't call it a restaurant. PLASTIC PLATES!!!!!!!! Most of the food cold or lukewarm. One pce of chicken I cut into jelly inside (raw) took 15 mins to get a glass for water.Asked for folks 10mins later a dozen+ arrived.Children running around chasing each other around buffett table, tables and seating area not being supervised this was all night.Carpet could do with one mega clean.Don't know were other people have been to eat that have put their reviews on tripadvisor but I don't think I would like to go to the places they have eaten at. Not worth the money wouldn't pay £2.99 let alone £12.99.A few friends who took us and my husband were ill all that night.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank patd07

Manchester, United Kingdom
“LESTER”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have been a regular visitor for 4 years now, and this place can NOT be beat for price and value you can pick what you want to eat and go back as many times as you like there is a very good and varied choice of starters , main, also sweets you will be very impressed , you walk in go straight to your table and then go and pick what you want to eat so you can be eating right away NO waiting around till your meal comes absolutely the best choice.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Les S
Bolton, United Kingdom
“Bland food”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Been a few times now and have to say for Indian food it's bland. I like the guy who greets you at the door dressed like Aladdin. And they have quite a large selection of food. It's a middle of the road Buffet style Indian Restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Yellowlawn
Woking, England, United Kingdom
“Bad attitude to people with disabilities”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

WARNING AVOID IF YOU HAVE A REGISTERED ASSISTANCE DOG. THEY BREAK THE LAW AND REFUSE YOU ENTRY.

I have dined here several times but they have a bad attitude to people with disabilities. I arrived to find a large car park without any disabled bays, I brought it to their attention and after all these years still no disabled bays. Its self service if in a wheelchair you will find it very difficult to open the trays and help yourself and move along to the next tray if you don't have some sort of aid attached to the wheelchair.

I arrived with an assistance dog, the greeter was very pleasant and accepted me with my registered assistance dog, then the manager came out and refused me entry because of my dog. He was wearing his jacket and I carried his official identity card to which he ignored and asked if he was a guide dog. I explained that all help dog come under the umbrella of "Assistance Dogs" still he wasn't having it. I was kept waiting for ages while he checked up with his boss but he couldn't get him. The then took me outside and said "its a religious issue". Under the Equalities Act 2010 he's broken the law. Religion cannot be used as an excuse.

I was humiliated, treated like a 2nd class citizen and taken outside this didn't happen to able body people, they were going about their business taken to tables and allowed to eat. I was subjected to all sorts of accusations, segregation and humiliation just because I need the assistance of a dog to enable me to have some sort of normality to my life.

The food does sit there for a very long time in the pot/trays I don't like that as its constantly heating.

As for the curry's that are supposed to be mild they are to hot with chillies so you can't taste the food, I believe you should be able to taste the food with the spices.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Sharon L
“Good food good price”
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Went last night and had a great meal at a very reasonable price good choice of hot and taisty food (with no side effects today) .
Will certainly go again and recommend to friends.

Visited September 2013