“Must visit”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Manchester
“Must visit”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

You will not be left disappointed by this excellent restaurant.
High quality food, and plenty of it. Quantity and choice in no way impairs on the high standard.
Staff are knowledgable on the food, helpful and friendly.
Could not recommend any higher.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank l888pjp

Westhoughton
“Really the best of the best in Manchester”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

There is no way that any person who likes eating cannot be excited by the various selections of foods that are available at karim's. From starters -mains -desserts the diner is open to a fantastic
array of different tastes.
The decor and shape in the eating areas allows guests to relax and enjoy the ambient settings.
This is a restaurant that everyone should eat at.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great Buffet Choice”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Good restaurant to visit in a group. An Indian buffet with some chinese and Italian dishes to choose from.

food is always flowing. Good salad bar and desert counter. Tastey food and great value for money.

Pleasant decor. Good service.

Recommend it to all.

• Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family birthday”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have been to Karim's on several occasions over the past year for family functions. The most recent was this weekend for a surprise party. We booked the hall on the ground floor. The hall and facilities were excellent. We had fifty people including children and there was ample space for everyone to mingle. The service was excellent. The food was excellent. All in all a very good venue and great value for money.

1 Thank Sofia Z
Manchester
“Save your money and go to Al-Maidah instead.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I am writing this review as I am sat here having the day off work because of what I ate at this place last night. I woke suddenly last night with projectile vomiting and diahrrea.Something which I never suffer with as I tend to have a lead stomach. But after eating here last night I instantly knew something was wrong and I didn't feel quite right.
I decided to treat my fiance to a meal out last night after work at Kareems and really wish we hadn't bothered.
We were greeted at the door by a nice men in traditional indian warrior uniform. This is where the pleasant atmosphere ended. We were directed to a table and asked if we had been before. We said no its our first time and the man then began to explain. Its a buffet for god sake. You get up and eat how difficult can it be.
We sat at this table for a good 10 minutes waiting for someone to come and take our drinks order, but nobody came. Even though several members of staff had walked right past us. Now you can argue that I should have grabbed the attention of one of the waiters, but is that really my responsibility to do so. They knew it was our first time there so surely they should go all out trying to impress you so you return. Not only that, I have never been anywhere where I have just been ignored by staff. Its their responsibility to approch you and ask if you require anything. Thats what makes good customer service. It seems there was a lot of staff, rushing around doing nothing. I just didn't get it or understand. Eventually, I did holla to one of the waiters and asked for a jug of water and to look at him you'd think I was asking for something completely out of the ordinary.
We were handed 2 large plastic plates each and told to go help ourselves. Plastic plates??? I mean really! I am house trained you know. I am 31 not 3. At £12 a head the least you expect is a proper plate. Any how, we went to to go and get some food. We headed to the salad bar where we found that the salad hadn't been replaced and there was hardly any choice left for us. It was only 7.30 in the evening and the place wasn't even that busy so why the staff hadn't recognised this and replaced it was beyond me. I put a few starters on my plate, including meat samosas and tandoori chicken. The chicken itself was ok but the meat samosas left much to be desired and consisted of mush. They were truly horrible. And left a not nice taste in my mouth. We decided that after this we would just concentrate on curry and rice. I put a small selection of the curries on my plate with some pilau rice and went to add some salad to it. However, some considerable amount of time after we had wanted salad with our starters it still had not been replaced by the time we had got our mains. Just ridiculous. So what were all these staff actually doing? Not what they were supposed to be I can tell you that much.
The curries were ok. I've had worse but I've also had better. Nothing to shout home about. We decided not to bother with the dessert. There was hardly any choice anyway and the cake was just left out without a cover or anything.
There was no atmosphere in the place. It was a dread awful place that reminds you of an indian restaurant stuck in the 90's. It needs refurbing and new crockery. The glasses we had were so badly scratched they looked dirty.
We coudn't wait to get out of the place to be quite honest. And serving food like that am surprised they have as many repeat customers as they do. Yes I am English, and you could ask what the hell do I know about indian food and cooking. Well, my fiance is bengali and I have been taught proper asian cooking and can tell a naff curry from a good one. Usually before he can to be honest.
My advice, save your money and go to Al Maidah which is situated on Bury New Road, Cheetham Hill. Its £12.95 a head but is truely amaze balls and is not over commercialised. The staff there are fab and the menu and quality of food is soooooo much better than anywhere I've been. We should have just gone to our regular restaurant in the first place, but thought we would try Kareems as a change. Never again. I am sick and have had to take the day off work, so thanks for that Kareems.

1 Thank NicVicHank