“very good address”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Geneva
“very good address”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My wife and I had lunch on a Saturday at this local restaurant just outside Arbois. A contemporary styled restaurant with different rooms, one with an open fireplace. The day that we ate there, the room was being used by a group of guests. Even considering its location in a small village the place was very busy. The food was very good, with knowledgeable staff, in particular the maître d’ who managed to talk for 10 mins about his cheeses.
Tried the local wine from the village, pleasant enough for a light lunchtime drink. My wife tried amongst other dishes the 72 hour cooked beef, but surprisingly it turned out to be tough and chewy, but the flavour was very good. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited February 2012

Paris, France
“Excellent 'local' restaurant with world-class cuisine”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My wife and I invited two of our dear friends from Besancon to lunch at the Grapiot on Saturday October 29. I am always a bit leery of inviting friends to a restaurant that I have never been to previously. The Grapiot exceeded my expectations. Imaginative, high-quality cuisine, excellent local wines (at 'not-highly inflated' prices), contemporary decor and friendly and efficient service. The only (very minor) negative point was the noise level was a bit high (at lunch time all tables were occupied). We had eggs poached in a bacon/mushroom sauce - absolutely incredible. One of our guests had the ''tête de veau' which I tasted and afterwards wished I had ordered it as well. And when the check came, excellent value for money. I would highly recommend the Grapiot.

• Visited October 2011

Been to Le Grapiot? Share your experiences!