“Fab, fab, fab”

Papamacs
Ranked #2 of 32 Restaurants in Johnstone
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Open every day from 9:30 am. Serving breakfast,lunch.Also open for dinner every Friday , Saturday and Sunday night. NB: Sunday nights advance booking only and the kitchen closes when the last booking is done
Reviewed July 17, 2013

First visit to Papamacs on recommendation from friends - needless to say we wrere not disappointed.
Fab 1 - the food. Can highly recommend the Stornoway Stack (goat's cheese, stornoway black pudding, topped with a red onion marmalade and drizzled ina balsamic glaze). Also the smoked mackeral pate with beetroot and oatcakes gets top marks. The boar and chorizo burger (topped with emmental cheese) was excellent, as were the sole goujons on a vegetable stir fry (batter so light almost tempura-style). Even managed to squeeze in a pudding (something we very rarely do). Food presentation throughout was of restaurant (not deli) quality.
Fab 2 - the service. Fast (but never rushed), efficient and very friendly. Menu and specials were fully explained, and feedback sought throughout.
Fab 3 - the prices. This is quality food at very reasonable prices. Even the wine list (although small) is very reasonably priced.

All in all, a dining experience to remember, and most definitley will be back. Highly recommend you give Papmacs a try - you won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Papamacs

Reviewed July 14, 2013

A lot of people have recommended this place to me so I have it a go.

Sunday menu was poor, wish I had turned back out the door at this point.

Wife had Lasagne which was swimming, very watery and bland.

Burger was sickening. Too many spices in the mix, overpowered the beef which couldn't be tasted at all. Ate less than half of it. Chips were little wedges which were a bit on the hard side.

Spent most my time trying to keep a couple of wee flys away from my meal, fair enough it is summer but off putting.

Just unlucky? Not going back to find out.

1  Thank Dgbud
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Great customer service and the food was even better. I've never had some things which were on the menu and this made exiting to try. The presentation of the food was top class and the food was hot when it was served. Warm rolls were served prior to our starters and water was also provided for the table. I will definitely be going again.

1  Thank Callum C
Reviewed July 5, 2013

On needing a coffee, my husband and I looked through a Johnstone cafe window. Of the six tables we could see there were dirty dishes on all the tables even though the customers had gone! This was not for us so we moved on to PapaMacs. There were many folk in the cafe. The cafe and the toilet were very clean, the chair legs all had soft pads on the end so there was no noise when the chairs were moved, the food looked well presented, the customers looked comfortable and happy and most of all for us the coffee was hot! Well done PapaMacs. The first impression is just so important! We will have to return to try the food.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Visiting family in the area & stumbled across this little gem. We went back twice as it was so good. Once with all the kids & in-laws for lunch and again for an evening meal just with my husband. Very friendly staff and excellent food. Will be back when we next visit Scotland.