“Christmas Lunch gone bad”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Weaver's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Weaver's
Description: Beautiful traditional yet contemporary settings within the newly refurbished Lynnhurst Hotel, excellent food and service. Open Friday and Saturday and rooms available for private dining. This hidden gem is not to be missed.
Kilbarchan, null, United Kingdom
“Christmas Lunch gone bad”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Went to the lynhurst hotel yestersay for christmas lunch, was awful! Okay so the soup was o-k-a-y, was exactly very warm but to top that off my bread was frozen ... just how i like it. not! Main course?? Was again, o-k-a-y.. was a bit dry and had fatty bits on it. the 4 youngest members of the group had to wait over an hour for their lunch!! People were constantly coming in and out of the fire EXIT (exit only - oh and not paying customers btw), asked if they could shut the door, the woman said no just move to the opposite end of the table. Very unprofessional. Complained to the "manager" who walked away from us when we were pointing out or dissatisfaction... (so mature... and your meant to be a manager??) good things?? eh... The toilets were lovely, wish i could have taken my food and sat in there away from the ill-mannered staff and freezin ventilation... in saying that... even the water was running hot and cold! Moral of the story... don't eat at the lynhurst...!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Jack M

bridge of weir
“Christmas lunch disaster”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Christmas dinner disaster

Booked to eat at this hotel for a family Christmas lunch as our family could not be together on Christmas day.  Booking was for a party of 9 adults and 4 children.  I was first to arrive with my daughter and knew immediately that the table was not suitable we were shown into a small drab function room and sat at a table near a door which people were going in and out of every few mins, it's dec and it's freezing outside and I had to put my winter coat back on as I was freezing.  I asked the lady whose   Name was Fiona, explained I was not happy, it was cold and not very relaxing and could we be moved to another table, she said no and advised me to quickly move to the other end of the table before the rest of my party arrived then I would not be as cold as them.  Yes you did read it right she suggested i moved and let another member of my family freeze, now who to pick my dad in his late 70's or ben who has just turned one.  I could not believe she just said that very unhelpful and unprofessional.  When the rest of my party arrived they were also shocked to see where we had been placed for our festive family lunch, we asked if the door could be locked which it couldn't  as it was a fire door.  Half of the party ate their dinner with their winter jackets on.  After a half hour wait we had to ask for someone to come and take our order.  Our waitress who was just a young girl was very apologetic and polite, the management in this disastrous hotel could learn some public relations from her.  After an hour and 15 mins our starter finally arrived, I could have made lentil soup quicker, the soup was served with bread which had obviously been taken from the freezer and microwaved and although the "chief " had managed to microwave mine sufficiently abot half of the tables bread was still frozen in the middle and totally inedible.  Kids meals were supposed to be served with the starter but we had to wait another 15 mins for them, the kids were starving and all we could offer them was frozen bread.  When the kids meals arrived the order was wrong and was missing a kids macaroni, yet another 15 min wait.  We did point our dissatisfaction out to the duty manager whose name was Robert who replied in an obnoxious tone "we are going as fast as we can there is only two of us on," not I'm very sorry for the wait but we will endeavor to bring you your meal as quickly as possible have a drink on the house as an apology for the long wait" now that would have been a nicer reply.    Robert was a very dismissive young man with no people skills or management skills.  I found his reply unhelpful and extremely unprofessional as I didn't make up the duty rota, my advice don't take bookings if you don't have the staff.  Finally our main Course arrived I had the turkey served with all the trimming ( one Brussels sprout and I love Brussels sprouts) my meal was mediocre but edible which is more than can be said about the rest of the party.  Two people couldn't eat their turkey, dry, cold and fatty, potatoes hard.  The 3 that had the salmon in pastry, all 3 couldn't eat the pastry as it was soggy and inedible but they did eat the salmon which was fine.  Deserts were fine.  Then mince pies, again had obviously been taken from the freezer hot on the outside, freezing inside,  they really should send the chief on a course to learn how to use the microwave properly.  We asked to speak to the manager to register our dissatisfaction with the meal and we were presented with the duty manager Robert unfortunelty.  We listed our complaints, cold table bad attitude from staff cold inedible food wrong other long wait to list just a few.  He asked what we wanted him to do, bear in mind he had know from the start we were not happy and hadn't even offered us a complimentary glass or wine or even water for that matter.  My mum in her 80's replied that a reduction on the bill would be acceptable he totally refused and when my mum said she really wasn't happy paying full price the manager Robert threatended her (my mum in her 70's) with the police.  We couldn't believe what we were hearing.  When we tried again to explain calmy and politely how unhappy we were the manager Robert said I don't have to listen to this and very rudely walked away from us.  Totally totally so unprofessional I have eaten all over the world but never come across such a rude person with no people skills.  My advice never eat in this Resturant bad staff attitude bad food bad service bad management especially Robert. We paid the bill in full £225 but to be honest it wouldn't have mattered if we paid £225 or £25 they totally ruined our family Xmas dinner.  Thanks to the management team, the chief and especially Fiona and Robert have a very merry Xmas.  Hope Santa brings you a management course for Xmas so you can learn some manners and people skills.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Denise143
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fantastic venue, service, staff and value for money”
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Took the in laws for a meal on a Sunday afternoon on way home from a day out. Hotel really busy with sunday dinner. Staff promptly approached us as soon as we entered the bar area asking if we were eating and showed us to table. Staff were very professional and polite- asked if we wanted drinks and informed us of specials. Meals were served promptly. Very tasty. Staff very friendly and efficient at all times ensuring we were fine for drinks, satisfied with the meal. Even went the extra mile to ask chef for a soup starter alternative for my father in law who was diabetic. Overall, food was delicious, staff were friendly, polite, efficient- and excellent value for money. Added bonus was real light fire in the lounge area which gave off a homely feel. Would definitely recommend to others and visit again soon.

2 Thank lew046