“Great wedding at a nice quality Hotel”
Review of Lynnhurst Hotel

Lynnhurst Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Johnstone
Oxfordshire
“Great wedding at a nice quality Hotel”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed for two nights as we attended a wedding. Arrived on the Friday and there was already a wedding takinbg place which was nice to watch. The first night in our room was a bit noisy as we had a problem with the toilet cistern which seemed to enjoy flushing itself all night. We had travelled a long way from the South for the wedding so was in need of a good nights sleep.

We mentioned it in the morning and it was looked at very quickly by the maintenance man who was very nice and friendly. Unfortunately he could not fix it as it needed a plumber and one could not be found. Unfortinately as the hotel was full we thought we would be in for another sleepless night.

We got ready for the wedding and were having a glass of champagne when some friends decided to show me their room, gutted theres was absolutely beautiful and no noise whatsoever from an over excited toilet cistern!! I proceeded to reception where I was going to have a little moan, this never happened on arriving all dressed in wedding outfit the lovely girl on reception said "I didnt recognise you with your hat on we are moving you to another room" she went on to say that a note had been put under our door. We were very pleased and moved as quickly as we could. The service we received was very very good and we would like to thank all of the staff for making our stay a very pleasurable one. The wedding was beautiful and the wedding breakfast was fantastic you could not fault the food and even tried haggis! I would give this hotel 10 out of 10 for the food it was beautifully presented there was plenty of it and it was piping hot and served with a smile.

Must mention the parking I am a bit fanatical about my car and after moving twice I managed to get a space which I like ha ha so a very big thank you for that as well!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
shaunlynnhurst, Manager at Lynnhurst Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we always welcome feedback both positive & negative from our customers.

I am happy to read that we dealt with your issue in a timely manor; we work hard to ensure that our guests comfort is paramount and top priority.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the wedding and your experience with us at the Lynnhurst Hotel.

Kind Regards

Shaun Donnelly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Went for afternoon tea, bread was stale. Cakes were not fresh, scones rock hard. Been looking forward to trying out lyndhurst, certainly won't be back

We requested 2 lattes were brought 2 flat white. Grounds hotel are lovely, good is terrible

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank Tale81
shaunlynnhurst, Manager at Lynnhurst Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I apologise that you did not enjoy our Lounge bar experience, we pride ourselves on our service and food here at the hotel and as such I was distressed to read your review.

I have highlighted the feedback to our kitchen Team and have addressed any issues as a matter of urgency.

Thank you once again for your feedback

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here after purchasing an Itison voucher. Coming out of Glasgow into Johnstone is a bit daunting as the area isn't particularly nice, however the street the Lynnhurst itself is on is very quiet and leafy, which was a relief! As other reviewers have commented, the gardens at the back of the hotel are beautiful and a credit to the gardener!

Upon checking in, the receptionist was really pleasant and very welcoming. We were staying in an Executive room which was beautiful, really spacious with lots of light and lovely views out over the garden. We were slightly disappointed to find that the bottle of wine that was meant to be part of the Itison deal wasn't there, and wasn't mentioned by reception either. As neither of us are wine drinkers it didn't matter too much, but it's not nice to think you've paid for something and part of it is missing. The other thing we were unimpressed with was the lack of complimentary water. Unlike most hotels, the Lynnhurst seemed to be charging for still and sparkling water as part of the minibar pricing list, which I think is unreasonable given that when you are visiting a hotel you don't know the standard of the tap water.

For dinner, we booked a table in the bar. The food was fairly plain but tasty, traditional pub food is the best way to sum it up. The prices were reasonable and it came to about £70 for 2 courses and 2 drinks for the pair of us. Only the day after did we realise that because we'd dined with the hotel we were due 10% off our food bill as part of the Itison deal, so if we'd remembered that we would have definitely pursued that!

We had a drink in the bar in the evening as there was an acoustic guitar player providing entertainment. He was very good, and it was a lovely atmosphere... sadly ruined by the raucous birthday party in the suite next door. Every time someone needed the loo they had to come out of the suite and through the bar, which was very disruptive.

The other gripe that we had, which wasn't so much the hotel's fault, was that there was also a wedding going on while we were staying, and we were woken up at 1am by a screaming match between some of the wedding guests. My boyfriend called out the window but they were so loud they didn't even hear us, and eventually we had to phone reception and ask them to intervene. They did move the group further down the drive, but given it is such a quiet area we could still hear them and we didn't get back to sleep until 2am. Not necessarily the hotel's fault that some of their guests were having an argument, but it would of been nice for them to have taken action a bit sooner, given it was in the middle of the night!

Overall, our stay was fine but not exactly the relaxing getaway we had been expecting. Sadly, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this hotel and I certainly don't have any intentions of returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank JLSinger
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, I apologise that you were disturbed during your stay with us here at the Hotel, we take our guests comfort very seriously and as such we do police the hotel at night to make sure any disturbances are dealt with in a timely manor.

I am happy to read that you did enjoy your experience overall.

Thank you one again and I hope we are able to welcome you back to the Hotel in the Future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We just stayed in this hotel for a wedding and had a great time. Was absolutely taken a back by the size and stunning room we were given. All staff go out there way to accommodate you and give u that "extra mile" service. If there had to be one tiny suggestion I would put forward would be for wedding guests to get a later breakfast time. Was a little fragile and shattered from dancing all night and was a thought to be up for 9am. A brilliant hotel thou will def be back.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us here at the Lynnhurst Hotel.

Thank you one again and I hope you will continue to use the Lynnhurst in the future.

Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Booked an over night stay with 4 of my girfriends on the 20th July andn attended the Rod Stewart tribute night. Firstly I would just like to say that on arrival at the hotel it really is something to look at and the gardens are just beautiful. We checked in around 2pm and all I can say is the staff really are, by far, the best I have ever dealt with. Not only was check in extremly welcoming but the bar staff were fantastic as were housekeeping, they really are a credit to the hotel and obviously have been given the very best of training (obviously excellent management). The rooms are just gorgeous, luxury bedding and decor, nice chilled bottle of wine on arrival and spotlessly clean. The tribute night was great and the function hall had been done up really nice. We had a lovely meal followed by much dancing with a great bunch of people.............to top it all off we had a fantastic breakkie the next morning and shared a lovely coffee and pastries with my friends in the beautiful gardens. We enjoyed it that much that we have already booked our return stay in December for our girlie Xmas party night. Thanks to all the staff for a fantastic night and we can't wait to see you all again in December. Leanne O (Airdrie)

Room Tip: Executive rooms are gorgeous, bigger than the standards rooms but if I am being honest I would be ha...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
shaunlynnhurst, Manager at Lynnhurst Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience at the hotel and it’s fantastic to read that you have booked for the festive season.

Thank you once again and we will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

bobbyjo49
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Well what can I say? We arrived early but was given a room straight away which was enormous with a modern shiny bathroom. Tea making facilities were provided and I especially liked the ipod dock. As it was a nice day we sat out on the terrace with drinks (at a reasonable price) and watched the guests arriving for a wedding while a piper played. The gardens were immaculate and had a pond and gazebo at the back, lovely for pics. Breakfast was extra but you could help yourself which I enjoyed. All the staff were pleasant and efficient, would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience at the hotel and thank you for your great feedback regarding the staff and service.

We work tirelessly to ensure that our hotel services are maintained to the highest level and the teams training and development are constantly monitored to ensure that we provide the very best guest experience.

Thank you once again and we will hopefully look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in this Hotel last week and attended the Rod Stewart Tribute Night. We checked in around 2pm and it was a glorious day so we had lunch out in the garden followed by a few drinks to get us in the mood.
The Rooms were fantastic and the Tribute night was the best I have ever been to, the staff were a credit to the hotel and its clear to see this is a well oiled machine in terms of the management of the hotel.
I would recomernt this hotel to anyone 100% well done and keep up the good work.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you had an enjoyable experience at the hotel and thank you for your great feedback regarding the services here at the Hotel.

We work tirelessly to ensure that our hotel services are maintained to the highest level including fantastic grounds enabling our guests to have a memorable experience when the weather is kind such as you experienced.

The tribute nights have proven to be a massive success, is widely whispered as the number 1 venue in Renfrewshire for a great night out.

Shaun Donnelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstone
Torrance Hotel
South Side
Sherbrooke Castle Hotel
Sherbrooke Castle Hotel
#4 of 96 in Glasgow

Been to Lynnhurst Hotel? Share your experiences!