“25th Anniversay Dinner”
Review of Lynnhurst Hotel

Lynnhurst Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Johnstone
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My husband and I, together with our guests, had a fantastic dinner on the 19th January. Everyone thought the hotel great, the Weavers Suite - where we had dinner - was the best location and our meal superb. The staff - very attentive but not overly so. All in all a wonderful experience and would recommend the Hotel to all. Our thanks again for a fantastic evening.

Room Tip: We weren't staying in any of the bedrooms, but would recommend the Weavers Suite for private din...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and i stayed at the hotel on the 12 January. We had a fantastic time the staff were great and made our stay most enjoyable, we had our dinner in the lounge it was lovely and they had a great selection to choose from.our room was fantastic and very clean my husband and i will definetly stay there again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had my wedding here on the 4th January 2013. It was great day start to finsi. The hotel was lovely and staff were excellent they looked after myself and the whole wedding party.Food was great and loved the dance floor and dj. Special thanks to Shaun for making things run so smoothly. The honeymoon suite was beautiful loved the bath in the floor.

Would definitely go back to stay again and would recommend to have any wedding here.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sheree L
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Having been married at the Lynnhurst in May 2011, my wife and I have often returned to the hotel for a quiet meal. We returned again on the 27th December for my birthday and found the lounge menu had been updated. I had the Sweet Chilli Beef Noodles which were delicious, and my wife had the Ceasar Salad, which we were impressed to see that they had taken on previous feedback from us and removed the Anchovies from.

The meal was lovely and we had a very enjoyable evening.

Only points i would note is the that table we had sat at need repaired (table 9) as it's top was a bit wobbly and that the Lounge carpet needs shampooing.

We will be returning again soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sy278
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Booked a celebration meal for 20 people. The room was lovely but the food average for the price and the service slow. Didn't complain about it though as the person whose birthday it was was thoroughly enjoying it.

Then at the end of the night when everyone was leaving, I was told they had made a mistake with the cost of the room hire fee and I would need to pay it them. Told them that was their mistake and why should I pay now, if there was an error it should have been rectified weeks before when I paid the balance. They agreed. So I was horrorified when the next day they took the payment from my credit card without my permission! Got the credit card company involved and got a refund but it has definitely put me off the place and I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank polythenegirl
shaunlynnhurst, General Manager at Lynnhurst Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review, we always appreciate all feedback.

Our records show that it was an 80th Birthday which you organised. We are delighted that the lady celebrating her birthday enjoyed her evening.

I am disappointed to hear your comments regarding the service & food. The manager on duty spoke with your guests throughout the evening & everyone was delighted and complimentary.

With regards to the outstanding account, I understand there was an error which was refunded to your card immediately without the involvement of your credit card company. I also believe you also received our apologies from the member of our reception team regarding this matter.

Once again thank you for your feedback & we hope this does not affect you using the hotel in the future.

Shaun Donnelly

Reviewed December 23, 2012

In September we celebrated our Silver Wedding Anniversary by having a lunch for family and friends. We were delighted, both with the professional service of the staff who helped us organise everything, as well as with the service of the staff on the actual day. Nothing was too much trouble for them and the meal was delicious. Recently we have had the opportunity to stay overnight in the hotel and attend a Christmas tribute night. Once again we would highly recommend this. The meal, entertainment and service were very good and the bedroom was of a very high standard. Would be happy to recommend to anyone and would happily stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank happyholidaygang

Dear Guest
Thank you for your kind review, we have had a fabulous festive season and are delighted that you enjoyed your dinning experience with us.
We will look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near Future.
Shaun Donnelly

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Lovely lunch in very plush surroundings with good service and reasonable wine prices. Cheaper to share a bottle if 2 sharing, We were in a works Christmas lunch which was set up in private dining room which I thought was a lovely idea. It was very private, which it would have to be when my boss is playing Bad Santa to all the colleagues!.

Room Tip: We did not stay overnight
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstone
Bowfield Hotel & Country Club
Torrance Hotel
#3 of 7 in East Kilbride
Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
Dalmeny Park Country House Hotel

Been to Lynnhurst Hotel? Share your experiences!