“Promises made good” 5 of 5 bubbles

Lynnhurst Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Johnstone
“Promises made good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

My new wife and I booked The Lynnhurst for our Wedding on 8th May 2011 shortly after it re-opened in September 2009. We were very impressed by the decor and overall facilities of the hotel and the prices.

Unfortunately from booking on we had a series of problems with double bookings and other things. However, the original general manager and wedding co-ordinator who were at the hotel when we booked and caused these issues, were let go.

Now is where the story starts to turn around. The new GM, Shaun and Co-ordinators, Sandra and Stefanie, sat down with us and went through every detail of the wedding. Shaun promised us that everything would be perfect on our day and apologised for all the problems.

I am very pleased to be able to say that Shaun and his team made good on all these promises. I am confident that had Shaun and his team been managing the wedding from day one we would not have had any problems.

My wife and I would like to thank Shaun Sandra and Stefanie as well as the rest of the team, for making good on their promises and ensuring our day was perfect on Sunday.

Thank you all.

Our guests have all commented on how beautiful the hotel is and how good the food was.

I also want to personally thank Shaun again for taking care of my wife on the night before the wedding when she injured her knee. This is the kind of personal touch that will keep The Lynnhurst at the top of its class.

The honeymoon suite, Room 1 (The Burns Suite) is spectacular.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
shaunlynnhurst, Manager at Lynnhurst Hotel, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your kind review, we are delighted that we were able to make your special day memorable, the team here at lynnhurst Hotel strive to deliver the very best in customer service and guest expectations.

General Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2011

Took my family out a drive and stopped off for dinner at the lynnhurst. Really impressed with hotel. Receptionist welcomed us and directed us into the lounge bar where we were seated by a different person. Really good choice of menu. Waitress was great. Very friendly. Made sure we were satisfied with our meal and that we had drinks. Overall, had a great meal which was good value for money, staff were great very friendly. Will definitely come back again and would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2011
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

Quite nice rooms, refurbished about 12 months ago. However,couldn't find socket for electric razor. Rang reception, to be told there was no shaver socket. Asked for adaptor to fit normal 13A socket, but they didn't have one. Asked if I could use another room which had a shaver socket, and was told that no rooms had a shaver socket. They then came up with a disposable wet razor. I asked why they didn't keep a few adaptors for electric razors, to be told "they are looking into it". 12 months.........

The restaurant doesn't operate during the week - only bar meals, with limited choice

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest

Thank you for the feedback, we endeavour to deliver the very best customer service here at the hotel and we take all comments on board and will work to improve our Guest facilities here at the hotel.

General Manger
Johnston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

i had to move out my house due to a burst sewage pipe dec 2010 - feb 2011 so we lived in the lynnhurst 3 neights a week there was my husband 3 year old daughter and i they even let our dog stay due to our sewage problem and the fact that ther are very nice and kind people.
One of the first great members of staff we met was Kirsty Thompson she was very friendly and helped ous out if we had any problems. It was a very upsetting time being out our house over christmas and more so for my daughter but kirsty Thompson, Adam Spence, robert Lees, jimmy from the bar and a nice cleaner and te chef's sorry i have forgot all your names went above an beyond there job to make her feel welcome and went out of there way to nything that my daughter of family needed.
We had a few small problems with rooms ect and tv's not working but as soon as we told reception somebody would have it fixed or moved us straight awa.
Food was amazing fillet steak was my fav an my daughter loved the adults menu and even my husband liked the foods and he is very fussy.
Anybody looking for a grea hotel should book a room here great staff an stunning roms rooms and amazing food

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

We had a night out here tonite it was a rod stewart tribute night and what a great nite it was.for under 20 pound we got a champange drink on arrival a lovely 3course buffet meal and a great entertaining nite. Staff was very friendly and hotel was lovely , entertainment was great would recomend this and would go back again.

• Stayed April 2011
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

I have eaten in this hotel on several occasions and feel it is now time to air my grievances. Each time I have visited I have been impressed by the friendly, professional and 'nothing is too much trouble' attitude of the waiting and bar staff, particularly as they seem to be expected to work under constant pressure. On each of my visits I have felt the lounge bar to be under staffed. On two occasions when I visited with friends for lunch one member of staff was expected to serve drinks (at the bar and tables), take lunch orders, serve meals etc. Needless to say 3 tables wanting served and fed and customers at the bar led to a bit of a delay. The service, however was polite and apologetic to all who complained. I defy anyone to manage this alone. Meanwhile- on every occasion I have visited I have witnessed a plethora of suited and booted males and females sauntering around trying to look important. A point for management- time to get off your jacket and lend a hand to your hard working staff. After all, the customers pay your wages and you will lose them fast if staffing levels do not change. Living in the local area and being a frequent visitor to the hotel I have discussed this with many family and friends who have also commented that the service tends to be slow due to lack of staff. Time to get your finger out Lynnhurst and ensure word of mouth does not destroy your local reputation. It is the hard working staff of this hotel that facilitate good customer service- not the management who are all too keen to smile and be seen but less keen to ensure quality customer service.

Room Tip: Be prepared to wait...
  • Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Socialiser
shaunlynnhurst, Manager at Lynnhurst Hotel, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback, as a regular customer to the hotel you will appreciate that business levels do fluctuate from day to day and it is very difficult to predict how many guests will come for lunch, the staffing levels can be the make or break of a business given the current Financial climate, We endeavour to deliver the very best to our costumers at all times, the management of the Hotel do have a massive input to the running and operation of the hotels food & beverage and exceptionally busy Banqueting operation.
The Staff are the businesses best asset and as you are a regular customer you will appreciate we put allot into the training & development of our team to continue offering the very best in customer service.
Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

I have never written a review before however I was so impressed with the Lynnhurst hotel and it's staff i felt I had to share my experience with other soon to be brides.
Firstly the service Sandra the wedding planner provided was first class, nothing was too much to ask and believe me I asked a lot.
The grounds of the hotel are lovely, well maintained and taken care of. The playpark was a god send as I had several kids at my wedding and the park is lit up at night so they can continue to play outdoors while the adults dance.
When we arrived after our cervice we were greated by Shaun who very kindly had two glasses of Champagne for us. And from that moment until the end of the night Shaun was waiting hand and foot to do whatever was asked of him and his staff.
The food was piping hot and the serving staff were very friendly and chatty. The food exceeded my expectations and all my guests commented on how lovely the food was.
The bedrooms are done to a very high standard and the breakfast in the morning was just as nice as the evening mean.
I have tried to find a negative point but there is not a single thing that I could find fault with.
The staff and management should be very happy they run such a magnificant hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank curly146
shaunlynnhurst, Manager at Lynnhurst Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you very much for your kind review and we are delighted that we were able to make your day ever so special.

Shaun Donnelly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johnstone
Torrance Hotel
#5 of 96 in Glasgow
Normandy Hotel
#3 of 3 in Renfrew
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,766 reviews

Been to Lynnhurst Hotel? Share your experiences!