“One of the first” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atta Rainforest Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Iwokrama Forest
Atta Rainforest Lodge
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“One of the first”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Atta when it became rooms with beds as opposed to hammocks, fantastic place are the only words I can use to describe this place. Saw lots of bird species in the area particularly on the approach road. Despite been in the middle of nowhere there was wifi available. Would love to return one day one of my favourite places I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank PhilB505

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

I stayed here as part of an experienced birding group. Olinda and Cesar run this Lodge with pride and love. Leon is skilled and hard working. The rooms are spacious, clean and I enjoyed my outside bathroom. The food was good...especially the vegetarian dishes. Well..now for the birds.....trogons, jacamars, potoos, curassows, guans, toucanets, macaws, amazons, cotingas.....oh my! Cesar found the crimson fruitcrow for us......thank you!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Reasonable50
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I spent one night here as part of a nature tour of Guyana.

As most reviewers have indicated the journey to this property is arduous but worth the effort. It is literally a circular clearing surrounded by lush Rainforest. Six identical, basic rooms which are nevertheless comfortable. Very accommodating, charming hosts who cook all food provided (well-cooked and varied) and really care about your welfare. You eat with your hosts, which is a great touch. The guide at the lodge, Leon, is superb and is a very experienced birder. We spent over two hours on the Canopy walkway, which is a memorable experience as you are literally over 100 feet above the forest floor (beware vertigo sufferers as walkways have large drainage holes that make you aware of the heights involved). As the night draws in you really feel at one with nature as the birds roost ay eye level. We saw a wonderful, surreal White Winged Potoo in the twilight, magical!

This is a superb venue if you are a true lover nature!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank sbruce912
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

This was the fourth night of our stay in Guyana and a welcome relief after Karanambu, which was lovely but tiring.
After a bumpy drive down the main (only) highway we were given a warm welcome and a lovely meal (including a cake as it was my birthday and our honeymoon). You eat with the staff and the food is very good.
We had a wander up to the walkway which was ok and saw some good stuff but the best walk was the evening walk down to the road. Cesar and John really thrived on my absolute love of finding creatures and we found whip spiders, centipedes, millipedes and a labaria (or pit viper).
You are in the middle of the rainforest and surrounded by animals but the rooms are really comfortable and we had the best sleep of the holiday. I loved the fact that when the sun went down and wind blew through it sounded like you were in the middle of a raging river.
Olinda was a great hostess and Cesar was my favourite character of the holiday. He's such a charming, kind and enthusiastic man. He adopted me as his 'spiderman' and it was truly a pleasure to meet him.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Omegacds
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had only one night at the Atta Rainforest Lodge, but my stay gave me great memories that will last forever. From the moment of my arrival, Olinda and Caesar made me feel very welcome; I immediately felt at home with their warm Guyanese hospitality. Speaking with both of them not only gave me insights into the jungle around me but also to life in Guyana in general. They are truly wonderful hosts who were very attentive and committed to maximizing the time I had with them. Caesar served as my guide and provided me with a number of jungle walks and, of course, a few trips to the canopy walkway. Again, he was a wealth of information as we walked and spotted red howlers, macaws, and a wide variety of plant and insect life. We even had a bushmaster cross our path during an evening hike--I'm glad I was there with Caesar! The accommodations themselves are very clean, comfortable and obviously very well looked after. Meals were tasty, and the conversation with Olinda, Caesar, and other guests and guides makes for enjoyable mealtimes. I'm glad my travels took me to the Atta Rainforest Lodge. Keep up the excellent work, Olinda and Caesar!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Badbart_9
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our stay was quick but very memorable , the staff Ulinda and her lovely husband Caeser together with the knowledgeable Leon could not have made us feel more welcome and at home.
The accomodation was perfect with outside showers and lovely views across to the jungle and close enough to get the full vocal blast from the Howlers at first light!!!
The canopy walks at dusk and dawn proved very successful with many new bird species ticked off and plenty of photos taken.
Food and a supply of the local Banks beer topped off a fantastic experience .
Thanks to all at Atta.

Room Tip: Don't worry you can hear the jungle sounds from every room!!