“Excellent meal under new owners”
Review of The Coldstreamer

The Coldstreamer
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Gulval
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Had our first meal whist the new owners have been there. I had steak and mushroom pie, my wife had chilli and both meals were superb. Huge portions, great price, brilliant service all you expect and much more.

The bar is well stocked, prices are very good and staff very friendly.

Will definitely be back

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

Went with my wife. I was boring and went for fillet steak. It was cooked to perfection. We also went for the Asian, me a starter, my wife starter and main. All I will say is this establishment can hold its head up with the best of them anywhere in the country. Well done and we will be back soon and I will not be having steak.

Reviewed February 22, 2017

Had a lovely Valentines meal here, overall the experience was very good, my only suggestion would be that with the muscles I would have loved to have a couple of chuncks of bread rather than chips. Small point, I know, but needed something to mop up the lovely sauce

Reviewed February 9, 2017 via mobile

Put his beer up 50p a pint. This is Cornwall not Paris. No wonder Cornwall is I recession. £4.60 a pint is more than Mayfair.

3  Thank Jason B
Reviewed January 4, 2017

We booked a table for five in advance having been here several times over the years.
It was quiet between Christmas & New Year. The first thing I noticed was that the "Specials" board was gone and the dining room was cold. We discovered that it had changed hands in the past year and the French waiter was no more. At least we would not be scolded if we asked for a steak well done.
The service was slow but the food was enjoyable, the menu was limited especially in the dessert department, with all choices being of a cold variety. I do like something more warm & substantial in December.
We enjoyed our visit but thought it expensive for what we had.

1  Thank Tom H