“Our local... For a week”
Review of The Coldstreamer

The Coldstreamer
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Gulval
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

What a quality pub! Great food, a fine selection of ales and friendly staff. Go there... Honestly. I have been to many a pub in my 46 years on this planet and The Coldstreamer is a realm gem. It is cosy, professional and welcoming. See you next year, guys.. Looking forward to it!!

2  Thank Ben-Tavener

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Whilst on holiday in west Cornwall we were recommended this quaint village in for a good Sunday lunch. The meal was of good quality but the portions were small - and it was quite pricey! Ambiance was lovely and pub staff all great. What a stunning setting in a pretty village !

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

On arrival, our first point of call was to book our favourite restaurant for a family evening out. Exceptional food and service all round as always. My hubby went for 'pot luck' and was delighted with his 3 courses for £21. The pâté starter was the best we've ever tasted. Booking early on weekends is a must. Will see you all soon.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Visited this evening with my partner and a couple of friends. Both guys had the steak, my other friend had the chicken and I had pearl barley risotto with fritters. The steak was well cooked with mushrooms, tomato and only about 10 chips each. The chips looked hand cut. The chicken looked good but the chips where very different, almost like frozen oven chips. We had a side order of chips as I fancied a couple but again they where almost frozen oven chips. My risotto was dull and the fritters lacked crunch, very bland. The bill was reasonable around £80. I would certainly go back but would like a simple veggie option without barley, artichokes or risotto. Sometimes a good quality homemade bean burger really hits the spot.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We were visiting relatives in Newlyn and had previously checked the reviews for the restaurant. We were not disappointed as the food and service were excellent. Nice birthday lunch for one of our party.