“Super”
Review of Sandbar

Sandbar
Ranked #2 of 3 Restaurants in Praa Sands
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A relaxed beach bar/restaurant set right on Praa Sands beach with fabulous views from our bar, restaurant and large patio. Serving a variety of mainly English food with a Mediterranean twist, and a good range of beers, wines, teas and coffees. We are child and dog (on a lead please!) Friendly, serve food all day, and have a very popular Sunday Lunchtime Carvery with live music. We also cater for Wedding receptions and other private parties in our beachside lounge area.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Super”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Great food great location great beer ... Toilets get a bit smelly during summer but that how busy they get

Visited August 2013

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Ideal for a local meal and pint !! ”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Had our first holiday meal here and our last holiday meal.
Lovely atmosphere for a bar who can serve great food too !!
And with great views on the balcony too, what more can you ask for.
Try cod and chips, absolutely fantastic. Oh and a burger, homemade quarter pounder with a choice of smoked bacon, Cheddar, mozzarella or stilton toppings for an extra 80p each.
Local beers on tap and Rattler Cyder too!!
Lots of parking if you drive here.
Themed nights are available but we missed these within our holiday, shame, but with the world cup starting in our stay, the tv was on, with sound, and teletext turned off !!
Definitely will use again in the future.

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“Love it here!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Perfect place, amazing views, fantastic food that has never failed to disappoint, lovely drinks, and the best atmosphere,
Sunday roast is a must try it's super yummy and at a great price,
Also try there burgers and they are amazing!!!
Love the fact dogs are aloud in as it adds to the relaxed feel this place offers,
Just love coming to sandbar it makes our holiday :))
It's a very special place to myself and my little family and holds dear memories to us,
THANKYOU sandbar x

London, United Kingdom
“Great bar”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

A lovely beach front bar, 100 yards from our B&B. Good food, good prices and great service. The do welcome dogs, which is not a problem for me except when owners do not control their dogs, we had one evening of an undisciplined jack russell constantly yapping, more annoying was the wet weekend owners cooing over it to be quiet like it was a spoilt brat. Other than that, it is a lovely bar, the staff are as friendly as can be and we will definitely return.

Visited June 2014
cornwall
“not really customer friendly”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Tgey may have great views but their attitude to me as a customer was definitely not good. I fancied the hummus but can't eat wheat flour I couldn't have tge pitta that went with it. As they didn't have gluten free bread I suggested chips as an alternative. I was told I
had to have pitta bread and chips, there was no compromise. It wouldn't have been so bad if the hummus was good, but sorry to say it left a lot to be desired.

Visited April 2014
sandbarpraasands, Manager at Sandbar, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
I can only apologise for this. It is Sandbar policy to always offer an alternative where possible if a customer has a special request. Our staff are usually very good at this, and I am very disappointed that they obviously failed this time. I will investigate and make sure that all of our staff are aware of our policy, and remember to implement it.
With regard to the Hummus, we make batches 3 or 4 times a week, and it's usually pretty good. I'll try to make sure that the head chef tastes each batch to ensure a good and consistent product.
Thanks for your feedback, it does help us to monitor, maintain and improve our customer service.