“This is a really good pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sportsmans Arms

Sportsmans Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Heamoor
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, International
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: On the north side of Penzance. 19 c. pub completely renovated, new owners, new menu. Excellent food, excellent value. I'd love to tell you more.
Burton Bradstock, United Kingdom
“This is a really good pub”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have been to this pub several times and will definitely be going there again on our next visit to Penzance. Its just what a pub should be. Really good beer and really good food. The food is freshly prepared and has always been excellent. Good portions and reasonably priced.

The staff are great, very welcoming and they just do the job right.

We often have a large group and we are always well looked after and made to feel very welcome.

We will return.

• Visited March 2013

“Wonderful establishment and service!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic restaurant with smiling, honest service! :-)
Polite, dedicated Landlord and Lady always available if asked for. Food is always perfect, new ales always on tap each week. Local patrons are always enthusiastic and cheerful folk. Both food and drink very well priced, no need to go anywhere else. I can't rate the Sportsmans Arms highly enough! It really is very good indeed.

Swadlincote, United Kingdom
“GREAT VALUE, FOOD AND BEER”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had to visit family in the Penzance area of Cornwall a few days ago. I remembered that The Sportsmans Arms at Heamoor delivered good food and beer. I was not disappointed! The atmosphere was great, the food was quality and the beer was fresh and refreshing. It is apparent that the team at this hostlery have clear defined lines of management! Their team also delivers quality service.
To all of you, I would like to say thank you for making my visit to Cornwall so welcoming. You have all worked so hard and I wish you all EVERY SUCCESS.
Again thanks for a wonderful experience!!!!!!!
Brian Jenkin.
Swadlincote. Derbyshire

• Visited November 2012
“one out of hundreds”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was an average meal in an empty lunchtime restaurant. Food was ok, but cob webs on the ceiling and spillages of Coffee on the radiator are something, that i dont expect in ANY kind of pub or restaurant. The waitress was polite, but we were pretty much left alone in the restaurant. She seemed to be busy next door on the pub site of the building.
What do you think about a little bell on the counter, if people want to pay ? I was waiting about 5 minutes in front of the bar, in front of what seems to be a CCTV camera , to get the bill. The bell prevents your customers from waiting 5 minutes on the desk, until someone comes round to check

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank cornishpastie33
truro
“3 F's Fantastic, Full Up & Fabulous!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is the first time myself and my husband have wrote a review as didn't know about Tripadvisor before and the best review we could write about anywhere! We came down to this restaurant last month for a 50th birthday meal for my sister, We were invited to decorate our table before the party if we so wished and also dropped the cake off early before, The food was outstanding! I had the beautiful porkbelly with the apple mashed potato, and my son was offered the chance of having the gammon as a smaller portion as he is a small eater. The waitress was attentive, friendly and welcoming aswell as the bar staff where we had drinks before hand! Could not recommend this restaurant enough, amazing desserts which we all managed and the waitress kindly bought the cake out for us aswell! You have to try it!!

• Visited September 2012