“GREAT VALUE, FOOD AND BEER”
Review of Sportsmans Arms

Sportsmans Arms
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Heamoor
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: On the north side of Penzance. 19 c. pub completely renovated, new owners, new menu. Excellent food, excellent value. I'd love to tell you more.
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had to visit family in the Penzance area of Cornwall a few days ago. I remembered that The Sportsmans Arms at Heamoor delivered good food and beer. I was not disappointed! The atmosphere was great, the food was quality and the beer was fresh and refreshing. It is apparent that the team at this hostlery have clear defined lines of management! Their team also delivers quality service.
To all of you, I would like to say thank you for making my visit to Cornwall so welcoming. You have all worked so hard and I wish you all EVERY SUCCESS.
Again thanks for a wonderful experience!!!!!!!
Brian Jenkin.
Swadlincote. Derbyshire

There are newer reviews for Sportsmans Arms

Reviewed October 16, 2012

It was an average meal in an empty lunchtime restaurant. Food was ok, but cob webs on the ceiling and spillages of Coffee on the radiator are something, that i dont expect in ANY kind of pub or restaurant. The waitress was polite, but we were pretty much left alone in the restaurant. She seemed to be busy next door on the pub site of the building.
What do you think about a little bell on the counter, if people want to pay ? I was waiting about 5 minutes in front of the bar, in front of what seems to be a CCTV camera , to get the bill. The bell prevents your customers from waiting 5 minutes on the desk, until someone comes round to check

2  Thank cornishpastie33
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This is the first time myself and my husband have wrote a review as didn't know about Tripadvisor before and the best review we could write about anywhere! We came down to this restaurant last month for a 50th birthday meal for my sister, We were invited to decorate our table before the party if we so wished and also dropped the cake off early before, The food was outstanding! I had the beautiful porkbelly with the apple mashed potato, and my son was offered the chance of having the gammon as a smaller portion as he is a small eater. The waitress was attentive, friendly and welcoming aswell as the bar staff where we had drinks before hand! Could not recommend this restaurant enough, amazing desserts which we all managed and the waitress kindly bought the cake out for us aswell! You have to try it!!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I don't normally write reviews but this place is well worth it, you walk in to nice polite hello, with a good selection of food and drink to choose from, it's not in the heart of Penzance but worth going out of your way for, we will be going back again!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

What a lovely little pub! The food was delicious and the service was friendly, nothing too much trouble. The steaks were amazing and on our second visit, the Sunday Roast was just like mum used to make. Well done!

1  Thank lola w