“Special Birthday Present”

Fiddler Lake Resort
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I just spent a wonderful weekend in a 4BD Moose Trail chalet with my wife, 3 sons, daughters-in-law, and 2 grandsons. The weekend was a surprise for my wife's special birthday. She did not know what we had planned, but it was a great success. Everyone was amazed with how comfortable and enjoyable this huge chalet turned out to be. It had all the amenities. We took advantage of the sauna and whirlpool to make our weekend the most enjoyable in a very long time. We also took advantage of ordering Saturday dinner from one of the recommended gourmet catering companies, and we were thoroughly delighted. We were all impressed, especially my wife. We all decided to make this an annual family event. We'll be back next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jean R

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed in one of these cottages (I've forgotten the name, but it had 3 bedrooms) for my 30th birthday with my husband and our children. The setting is beautiful, the chalet is stunning and I would go back in a heartbeat! I purchased our stay through WagJag so got a fantastic deal - I will be keeping my eyes peeled for future offers. I can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tanya A
Reviewed December 4, 2012

^This was the holiday of a lifetime,58years of age for a first attempt at sking,just about managed the sking bit but not the stoping.(Not the best combination), but really enjoyed it. The lodge/mansion on deer walk was out of this world all mod cons,and so well equiped,pool table.cupboard full of games for adults and children alike.Could not fault it in any way. Wiil be back for sure,(with brakes next time).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were at Fiddler Lake Resort for our second time during the weekend of November 30 to December 2, 2012. We were at the same cottage as last year, lot 60, Deer Trail Cottage. Everything about this place is great. All the cottages are fully equipped with stove, fridge, microwave, dishes, pots and pans so you can cook your meals. We had a nice weekend - 4 couples - with plenty of space and 4 bedrooms. Mont Saint-Sauveur's outlets are about 20 minutes drive from Fiddler Lake Resort for some great shopping deals, great restaurants, etc. Would suggest his place to everyone.

Room Tip: Every cottage looks nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank malyhupe
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We spent a weekend at Fiddler lake resort. It was our fourth time at that resort. But the second time booking with Fiddler. This time we were 18 ladies, and we have been going away as a group for over 10 years. Therefore I want to state, we are use to going away. We had everything we needed in the chalet, enough dishes and cutlery for everyone. Chalet has a uge table and enough chairs The one big disappointment was the bedding... The chalet has 5 bedrooms which accommodates 10 people comfortably as for the others we were given sofa bed of very poor quality mattress (very thin and springy). We asked for foam covers or something to help the situation, Fiddler did not do anything to help. In fact, Marie-eve even said we were the most difficult group she has ever encountered. She said the sofa beds were purchased a year ago, I really doubt that is true. Either they bought very cheap mattress or the good ones were stolen!
To top it all: when we got back a group of us developed a red rash and small red spots. Not impressed with the customer service, we will not be booking again with Fiddler. I don't think they care... They know others keep coming!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Yves M, Manager at Fiddler Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Hi Mrs. Care_t0_travel,

Your comments certainly come as a real disapointment, but also as a surprise. I already talked with the person in charge of your group during your stay and when I read your message, I think there were some miscommunication about what I said. Assurely, my intension was to simply declare that we never had any bad comments concerning sofa-beds in this chalet before. However, to welcome 18 people, customers can choose the option to rent 2 chalets near each other with 5 bedrooms each OR the option to rent a bigger chalet with 5 berooms and 4 sofa-beds.
But yes, than we can agree that a sofa-bed is not the same level of quality of a bed! We will verify the quality of our sofa-beds matress and we will act accordingly.

Cleanliness is one of our priority and I would appreciate if you could contact me concerning red rash because it's the first time we heard about something like that and I am very surprise!

I trust you will see in all the comments and satisfaction of other guest (95%) that we value keeping an excellent level of satisfaction.
We keep our constant word of making all possible to provide you the best experience possible.

Please accept my most sincere regards,
Marie-Eve

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This beats any european (or even Whistler) ski holiday i have ever been on - we had such a great time. Fiddler lake itself is such a beautiful, warm and friendly place to come back to after a long day on the slopes, and the staff can't do it enough for you.

Saint Sauveur is just perfect for all ski levels - it's big enough for pros to get their skis into, yet intimate enough to join friends of different levels for coffees and lunch. Plus Mont Tremblant is a stunning day out for anyone that wants to ski, shop and play hard.

I will definitely be coming back year after year.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Amazing from start to finish. On arrival, I expect to get in a cold and humid chalet. It was already warm with causy lighting and soft music. I felt so welcome. The floors are heated, everything is clean, comfortable and decorated with a lot of taste.
If you pay for extended time, make sure they put in on your bill when you reserve. They called sunday morning telling me check out was past, I was lucky nobody has reserved immediatly after me. After that call, I checked my bill and realized they give me the wrong one, it was for another chalet and dated January 2013. When I finally got the wright bill, my street name was wrong.
It must have been a new employee, beside this mixt up, the clerk were very nice, helpfull and polite.

Room Tip: The matresses on the twin beds in the back bedroom on the main floor are EXTREMLY soft.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Saint Sauveur des Monts
Auberge & Spa le Refuge
Auberge & Spa le Refuge
#2 of 2 in Morin Heights

Been to Fiddler Lake Resort? Share your experiences!