“the standard to which I now hold all resorts/cottages”

Fiddler Lake Resort
Toronto, Canada
“the standard to which I now hold all resorts/cottages”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed in one of these cottages (I've forgotten the name, but it had 3 bedrooms) for my 30th birthday with my husband and our children. The setting is beautiful, the chalet is stunning and I would go back in a heartbeat! I purchased our stay through WagJag so got a fantastic deal - I will be keeping my eyes peeled for future offers. I can't recommend this place enough!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanya A

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

^This was the holiday of a lifetime,58years of age for a first attempt at sking,just about managed the sking bit but not the stoping.(Not the best combination), but really enjoyed it. The lodge/mansion on deer walk was out of this world all mod cons,and so well equiped,pool table.cupboard full of games for adults and children alike.Could not fault it in any way. Wiil be back for sure,(with brakes next time).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Rockland, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We were at Fiddler Lake Resort for our second time during the weekend of November 30 to December 2, 2012. We were at the same cottage as last year, lot 60, Deer Trail Cottage. Everything about this place is great. All the cottages are fully equipped with stove, fridge, microwave, dishes, pots and pans so you can cook your meals. We had a nice weekend - 4 couples - with plenty of space and 4 bedrooms. Mont Saint-Sauveur's outlets are about 20 minutes drive from Fiddler Lake Resort for some great shopping deals, great restaurants, etc. Would suggest his place to everyone.

Room Tip: Every cottage looks nice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank malyhupe
Ontario
Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We spent a weekend at Fiddler lake resort. It was our fourth time at that resort. But the second time booking with Fiddler. This time we were 18 ladies, and we have been going away as a group for over 10 years. Therefore I want to state, we are use to going away. We had everything we needed in the chalet, enough dishes and cutlery for everyone. Chalet has a uge table and enough chairs The one big disappointment was the bedding... The chalet has 5 bedrooms which accommodates 10 people comfortably as for the others we were given sofa bed of very poor quality mattress (very thin and springy). We asked for foam covers or something to help the situation, Fiddler did not do anything to help. In fact, Marie-eve even said we were the most difficult group she has ever encountered. She said the sofa beds were purchased a year ago, I really doubt that is true. Either they bought very cheap mattress or the good ones were stolen!
To top it all: when we got back a group of us developed a red rash and small red spots. Not impressed with the customer service, we will not be booking again with Fiddler. I don't think they care... They know others keep coming!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Yves M, Manager at Fiddler Lake Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Hi Mrs. Care_t0_travel,

Your comments certainly come as a real disapointment, but also as a surprise. I already talked with the person in charge of your group during your stay and when I read your message, I think there were some miscommunication about what I said. Assurely, my intension was to simply declare that we never had any bad comments concerning sofa-beds in this chalet before. However, to welcome 18 people, customers can choose the option to rent 2 chalets near each other with 5 bedrooms each OR the option to rent a bigger chalet with 5 berooms and 4 sofa-beds.
But yes, than we can agree that a sofa-bed is not the same level of quality of a bed! We will verify the quality of our sofa-beds matress and we will act accordingly.

Cleanliness is one of our priority and I would appreciate if you could contact me concerning red rash because it's the first time we heard about something like that and I am very surprise!

I trust you will see in all the comments and satisfaction of other guest (95%) that we value keeping an excellent level of satisfaction.
We keep our constant word of making all possible to provide you the best experience possible.

Please accept my most sincere regards,
Marie-Eve
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This beats any european (or even Whistler) ski holiday i have ever been on - we had such a great time. Fiddler lake itself is such a beautiful, warm and friendly place to come back to after a long day on the slopes, and the staff can't do it enough for you.

Saint Sauveur is just perfect for all ski levels - it's big enough for pros to get their skis into, yet intimate enough to join friends of different levels for coffees and lunch. Plus Mont Tremblant is a stunning day out for anyone that wants to ski, shop and play hard.

I will definitely be coming back year after year.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Laval, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Amazing from start to finish. On arrival, I expect to get in a cold and humid chalet. It was already warm with causy lighting and soft music. I felt so welcome. The floors are heated, everything is clean, comfortable and decorated with a lot of taste.
If you pay for extended time, make sure they put in on your bill when you reserve. They called sunday morning telling me check out was past, I was lucky nobody has reserved immediatly after me. After that call, I checked my bill and realized they give me the wrong one, it was for another chalet and dated January 2013. When I finally got the wright bill, my street name was wrong.
It must have been a new employee, beside this mixt up, the clerk were very nice, helpfull and polite.

Room Tip: The matresses on the twin beds in the back bedroom on the main floor are EXTREMLY soft.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2012

When eight guys book a trip for themselves to celebrate turning 40, you don't think they'll find just the perfect place to relax, eat, drink and have some fun, but we found it all at Fiddler Lake Resort.
Traveling from both coasts, finding the resort wasn't too painful with GPS, but I wouldn't want to go it alone or in the dark. The cabin was perfect, the service was great, and by that I mean, what little we needed was taken care of immediately. The hot tub smelled a little rank by the last day but we didn't feel like draining it and have cold water for half the day. My only regret is that we didn't make use of all the services that were available to us. You can order groceries from the IGA ahead of time and they'll be waiting for you when you get there. Plus you can get a chef to come in a cook one, or multiple meals for you while you relax. Might be pricey, but I think we'll give it a go next time. Definitely going to go again but will do more than one round of golf. We did four days, but I think next time we will do five. Just felt a little rushed and one or two more days would be great.

Room Tip: All the beds were comfortable so there was no preference to beds or rooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
#7 of 11 in Sainte-Adele
Chalets Lac a la Truite
Chalets Lac a la Truite
#1 of 4 in Sainte Agathe des Monts

Been to Fiddler Lake Resort? Share your experiences!