“So good it was criminal...”
Review of Cafe Campestre

Cafe Campestre
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Balgue
Cuisines: Asian, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Cafe Campestre prepares fresh food daily using organic ingredients many of which are from our farm. We are passionate about food and have created a varied and interesting menu featuring local and international cuisines. We have great local coffee, a relaxed environment, Wifi and some of the most interesting and innovative English language tours on Ometepe.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I had heard that Cafe Campestre was good, but nothing could have prepared me for the experience we had there. The food was simply AMAZING. Locally grown coffee, local produce, local honey... very fresh, interesting combination of world cuisines. I did not expect to get "foodie food" on Ometepe, my only regret is that we didn't go back for dinner.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Go there. It's good, fun, fresh food. Without any Mexicans in the kitchen( and I checked), they've perfected guacamole! That 6-blend Indian lettuce mix is no joke either. It rivals in height any of the nearby volcanoes and makes for an impressive, prolonged salad experience ;) The irony of these "simple" foods is hilarious because from farm to table is a feat in of itself and most definitely involves a neighbor's loose pig. Benito and his staff should hold your interest until your last bite. If not, tell him to do something cheeky. He just might. Bring all of your friends, any nearby travelers and drink a lot. Make your own party on the patio and your enjoy luck at finding this place.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

If you can make your way here, I totally recommend the Thai green Curry! Great Coffee here, cute little set up and I'm sure all of their food is worth every cent. Such a nice break from rice and beans.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stopped in for lunch here and was so pleased! I had a chicken and tomato sandwich with a little side salad. So simple, but done perfectly. Great spot to meet other travelers and have a bit of a rest on a journey. Also supports the organic farm! And they make their own pasta!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I liked the food, but it was some of the most expensive I came across on the island. Though the staff was so lovely, the brief interactions with the owners weren't awesome. Made to feel a bit like interlopers in their cool ex-pat world. Still come get the food, but be prepared for a slightly less warm experience than some of the other spots!