All reviews concepcion volcano local community breathtaking views outdoor shower cloud forest rocky road compost toilets hot water breakfast and dinner beautiful experience close to nature remote location magical place bring a flashlight stayed nights hour drive guided hike
Reviewed June 27, 2018

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay here. We felt like we learned some things about the island culture. We also enjoyed the food and the swimming pool. We walked the long road and loved taking in the jungle sounds and views.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2018

Unfortunately we had to cancel our trip to Nicaragua, the current situation is to dangerous (for us at least) to travel.

We did already paid a deposit. When i made contact with the staff (e-mail) and explained our situation, they understand, and within 5 days i got the deposit back on my bank account.

Very friendly and also quick e-mail response!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FransL98
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Totoco Eco Lodge was a beautiful get away on Ometepe. The lodging was very clean and the views were breathtaking. You truly feel as if you got away! And every morning we woke up to tons of howler monkeys in the jungle close by.

It is pretty overpriced for what it is. There are cedar toilets though, which may not be for some. I didn't mind it that much, the cedar actually works. The pool was so so, but the views from it were breathtaking.

My main compliant, is that is is almost impossible to get to this place. It is truly hidden up a very steep, 2 mile dirt, rocky road. We attempted to go up on dirtbikes and I ended up crashing into a fence. A scooter would definitely not make it up the hill. It would also be very challenging for non-4WD cars. I doubt there are many taxis willing to get up there, so you are pretty much trapped unless you risk your life on a dirt bike..

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate K
Reviewed April 20, 2018 via mobile

The lodge was ok, not the most clean we had during our trip and definitely not the best one, food was good also.
I was hesitating between 3 and 4 stars but put 4 thanks to the staff that is absolutely perfect, nice and constantly smiling and for the swimming pool that allow you to get the most beautiful sunset you will have during your vacation in Nicaragua.
Also, be careful of the road to get up there which is very tricky (especially with moto or scooter)

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 16, 2018

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was fantastic. We loved our house, it was called 'Nim' and has the BEST sunset views. Pablo was amazing, he makes the best cocktails and his customer service was fantastic. The restaurant does not give a great option of food but we were pleasantly surprised with the quality even though the menu was ridiculously small. The outdoor bathrooms were fantastic and the beds extremely comfortable. The fans are very good and you do not need air conditioning. It is magical to wake up to the sound of howler monkeys and there were the most beautiful birds. My only suggestions for improvements would be more seating area around the pool as you cannot really relax there if you are not there first! I also think a pick up from the port would be great, I know you can organise a taxi but for a high end hotel you would hope a pick up or drop off might be included. But overall a fantastic experience, many thanks.

Room Tip: Nim has the best views
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple