1) service - Erik and Maria are extremely helpfull and made our stay as comfortable and stress free as possible.
2) the food is amazing... Simple breakfast and dinner options but tasted good.
3) location - the views are just to die for.. Something you will remember for the rest of your life.
1) the rooms - even as an Eco-lodge I expect the basics - clean and comfort.. Neither were met... At first glance the room looks good... It's only once you start using it do you realise it's pitfalls.. The composting toilet - great idea but it stinks... If I wanted to be camping I could of gone to a campsite...
The bed- mattress was completely set in, told the owner after the first night he said thanks and would look into it, nothing was done... Mosquito net- had so many holes in it... We are in the forest, even the locals have proper ones... I got 27 bites in one night... My wife got more..
Room cleaning - lets just say the bed is made for you... Floors are not even sweeped and wiped and bathroom is not even washed down.
Conclusion - great location and service by the staff and greAt food. But in terms of a basic accommodation, many hostels would be better nigh sleep...
My personal conclusion is that the owner has the right concept in an Eco lodge, but that doesn't mean he can call it top end accommodation, and provide below the bare minimum just because its an 'Eco-lodge'. Basics of hygiene, descent mattress and insect protection are not to much to ask for.
Would not recommend this place at the currents rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the edge of a pristine biosphere nature reserve with an abundance of wildlife and a cloud forest above you, the Totoco experience is pure comfort in pure nature. Guests can stay in one of our custom designed private lodges all made using local materials and labour. Each lodge enjoys a private garden setting and offers spectacular views of Lake Nicaragua and active Concepcion Volcano. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Totoco Eco-Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Totoco Eco Hotel Balgue
- Totoco Eco-Lodge Nicaragua/Isla De Ometepe - Balgue