“Scrumptious food and excellent service!”
Review of The Sugar Deli - CLOSED

The Sugar Deli
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Have had coffee here a few times now and always exceptional quality.

Dinner here was excellent! The food was extremely delicious! Not a huge variety on the menu but much prefer quality over a 5-page menu. Staff are friendly and excellent with the timing of food just right. Starters and mains were more than enough but taking home a "slab" of one of their mouth watering in-house baked gourmet cakes is a must!

Would definitely go here again for dinner but more as a treat than a regular dinner.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Visited this little gemstone of a place for the first time tonight. Great atmosphere, beautiful/quirky interior and friendly staff all made the visit worthwhile. I heard this place was famous for desserts but the main meals (dinner) made me wonder why they weren't famous for their savoury food as well! The portions of the meals & desserts were just right.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

We have been going here for years and the day before yesterday had lovely coffee, cakes to take home, and Delightfull ladies / waitresses who were charming.Yesterday we came across a very pushy waiter who was obviously to,d to tout for business, he was only interested in showing us the menu and booking a table to go back and eat, which was. Dry off putting. My coffee was Luke warm in a horrid pot cup, the lovely china is only for the tea drinkers I was informed, wierd as coffee is delicious when served in a china cup, which I give to all my visitors. My horrid coffee was I drinkable as. Only just Luke warm, ,the pushy waiter took the whole cup of coffee away without asking if there was a problem with it, something which is normal customer service....I was inside buying expensive biscuits to take away.and watched him our the horrid cold coffee down the sink with glee, he didnt know I was watching him,we have been going there for years, and my friens who live nearby were truly horrified , we all declared we won't go back there again. The way the pushy waiter was strutting his stuff I presumed he was theManager, I asked one the charming ladies if he was..No was the reply, he obviously needs to go on a customer cafe course, does the boss know about this we all wondered, such a shame as we did enjoy it there the day before

3  Thank jan s
Reviewed January 25, 2014

First visit after reading reviews in the local papers. Charming and interesting decor. The fruit toast with fig and macadamia is amazing. Two huge slices which I ended up sharing as far too much but really tasty. Unfortunately coffee was so slow we had finished our toast for a good ten minutes before it arrived and they weren't overly busy. They seem to struggle trying to juggle the takeaway orders at the expense of the diners.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Came here for lunch with my partner on monday 6/12/14, had a look at the displayed menu , but was not impressed with the overpriced entrees and mains.

Thought about moving on , but my wife suggested to try the "Lunchtime Special" of panfried crumbed whiting hamburger with salad and home made aoli, served with fried chips. Price 17 bucks each. Went and ordered this and paid at the same time, big mistake !
the waiter (owner ??) tried to push drinks , eg wine or beer, several times and after we refused reluctantly supplied us with cold water.

Lunch arrived after about 15 min. and consisted of a toasted bun, 3 miniscule fried to death bits of "whiting" ??, 1 lettuce leaf on the bun and probably half a teaspoon of aoli, the chips were served in a coffee cup and also fried to death. All was pretty awful. we eat most of it, because for $34.00 we had couldn't just leave it. Unfortunately I had already paid , or would have sent it straight back and left. This place obviously trades on the previous owners reputation.

Give it a miss. I should have checked Trip Advisor 1st, as the last ratings are mostly in the negative. Just Awful.

3  Thank LazingAbout