“Basic.....but heaven to a two year old!”

and 1 more site!
Pontin's Camber Sands Centre
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Been to Pontins at Camber before so wasn't surprised at how basic the camp was. Booked week before in response to a special internet offer, up graded on arrival. Accommodation was basic but functional. Two year old grandson loved everything about the place...the kids clubs, the blue coats, the parks, the bingo! I loved that he was happy and that Camber was so close to Rye and Hastings for trips out. We will go again later this year hopefully. At only £39 and only 40 minutes from home Pontins at Camber was perfect for a nana and her boy to escape to.

Room Tip: Up grade to 'club' on arrival.
1  Thank Jackie1962_12
Write a ReviewReviews (3,519)

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Fantastic value for money.
Slightly shabby entertainment complex but so what, it adds to it's charm
You still have a good time there
The room was clean as usual and up to Butlin's standard ( we frequent Butlins often too)
We only stay at Camber Sands with Pontins
Who can blame us, the area is lovely
It's just across the road to a gorgeous long beach, plenty of room for all
Close to the quaint village of Rye with some lovely restaurants

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank HappyHolidayerWX
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I got a weekend break through mighty deals for £40 so booked immediately- then I read the reviews!! needless to say I packed anti bacterial spray, bleach etc
We stayed in a popular apartment and although basic is was in fact clean- yes their was a little black mould on the window but hardly anything to moan about when all sides, sinks, and mattress were clean.
The entertainment was fine, not great as you didnt get to see the croc crew much but it made my 5+3 yr olds happy. and the blue coats do try hard.
Timeliness is not a strong point with staff although I found them all to be polite and helpful.
The queen vic pub is a great place to escape bingo and the drinks are reasonably cheap.
The only thing we were really unhappy with was the changing rooms for the swimming pool their is no family change so had to squeeze myself and 2 children in the womens changing rooms where the cubicles are tiny and covered by nothing but a flimsy curtain! as well as this they are filthy and smelly and mouldy and just minging to be honest.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Took our first family holiday here nov 2012. Just me and my two children both under 4.
We were upgraded to club the week before due to park being closed the week we had booked.
On entry to the park, the buildings looked abit dated but I was expecting to have a fairly good time despite the bad reviews.
Last stayed at this park in july 1999 with friends from school and had an amazing time.
We checked in after 2pm because no one could find our keys. When we finally got into the apartment I was pleasently suprised. It was spacious and clean.
After unpacking we hit the pool which was I have to say, disappointing. The floors were filthy! And there were mushroom growing from the walls of the changing room. The water in the large pool was more than just cold and we had to get out. My children usually love swimming! The staff were not bothered despite many complaints about it.
The entertainment was pretty non existent during the day, nothing for kids other than the arcade, which my kids spent hours in sitting on the rides.
Entertainment at night consisted of a few rounds of song bingo and a quiz. There were no bluecoat shows and I never saw any of the caberets because they were on too late. Only one venue was open and that was lunars.

Overall I wasnt impressed with the holiday. Lack of entertainment was the main reason. Just because it was last week of the season, doesnt mean there should be nothing going on. Its still a holiday.
We're off to Brean Sands tomorrow, God help us. Hope there's more to offer there but I doubt it. We're staying in popular. So this should be interesting!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I used to stay on this site when my children were very young 20 years ago and can't remember it being so run down. I had to work in Hastings for 3 days so was looking for a cheap 2 night stay. I normally stay in a Travelodge but the cost of this would have been £128 (ridiculous) so I looked on Laterooms.com and found Pontins would only cost £59.00 for the two nights. No brainer.
I arrived about 5 so there was no queque at the reception. I was given my key and the apartment was close to the shop and exit and 5 minute walk to the reception, which suited me. The apartment was very shabby but it was clean. I wasn't aware of the linen problems, i.e you have to pay in advance for this or buy linen from shop, at that time but the apartment had all beds made up with clean bedding. Later I read that if you book through another provider i.e. laterooms then bedding is included. The toilet decided to block overnight but I left a note in reception before I went to work the next morning and by the time I had returned it had been sorted. I didn't use the facilities i.e entertainment and I only went in to look at the food in the restaurant and decided I would eat elsewhere as it didn't look terribly exciting. I had a walk around the camp and everywhere seemed clean, no rubbish lying around and there were loads of nice play areas for children and of course the lovely Camber Sands Beach is within walking distance... My only real concern was that the chalet door didn't feel very secure as it just had a yale lock and no other lock on the inside. I definately wouldn't want to leave anything valuable in the chalet.
Reading the other reviews, I don't know if i was just lucky that I had bedlnen and a clean chalet but as a cheap base I felt I had a good deal and would do it again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Omg never ever again booked for a 3 night stay didn't last 24 hours, it's shabby dated and most of the people there looked like extras from skint got woken at 7am by kids running around outside kicking a football at our door , that's after a sleepless night because of drunks shouting and screaming all night,has to be the worst night ever my children were frightened and wanted to drive home at midnight. Breakfast was disgusting I wouldn't feed my dog with it avoid the scrambled eggs at all costs it is foul and that's just the start ! Arrived at reception queued for 20mins to check in to be told that as we had classic accommodation we had to check in at another queue which took another 20 minutes then we had to go back to the other check in queue to get electric tokens , it is a complete shambles , when we finally got to our accommodation thank god I had the forethought to take a bottle of bleach it was grubby and the bathroom had mould the beds were awfull the so called sofa bed was a joke even my dog would of slept on the floor , the entertainment was amateur and the place was full of drunks with their cheap cider and half a dozen dirty kids if your covered in tattoos live on a council estate and don't mind filth then this is the place for you !

Reviewed June 5, 2013

After reading recent reviews of the park I was hesitant about going on the £9.50 sun holiday I had booked, but after my 4 day stay have booked to stay again.
My apartment was clean and spacious and not very far from the play area which was a plus for the children.
The restaurant although a bit basic was good value for money and the food was ok.
The children were never bored always entering the competitions and dancing the night away.
The bluecoats were friendly and helpful a special thanks to bluecoat Kim who sat and gave special attention to handicapped son.
The park is a stones throw away from the glorious Camber beach and a short drive from Hastings.
We loved our holiday and will be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Regina F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camber
George Hotel
The Gallivant
The Gallivant
#1 of 1 in Camber
Camber Sands Holiday Park - Park Resorts

Been to Pontin's Camber Sands Centre? Share your experiences!