• Pool
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
1,557 results
All reviewsrestaurant with roomsdeck roomcamber sandssand dunesbeach hutenglish wineslambdungenesswine listopposite the beachsmall roomboutique hotellocal producetea and cakegranolasouth coastone night stay
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Gallivant for a one night escape to the coast and it didn't disappoint. The hotel was lovely and welcoming with its beach themed decor. We loved the tea and cake at 4 and then were blown away by the evening food it was really lovely. The weather cleared up for us and we were able to go for a walk on the amazing sandy beach- it really made it a special night away!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TeamStewartLees
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had another of our little overnight stays at the weekend just before Christmas, its our favourite little bolthole away from the hustle & bustle of London. I do love it there. Very relaxed and perfect location in summer, though probably do need a car in winter. Room is lovely as are the beds. Menu good as is food. One thing I really miss is the lounge. I've stayed numerous times even before that was put in, and that would have given it the full 5 rating for me. That really worked. You could be out all day and it was somewhere to hang out in when you got back, or chillout in after dinner or relax in if the weather was bad (errr England), or read the papers, or watch some TV with the kids etc etc etc. I wish you would think about putting it back. Otherwise all lovely.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LJC655
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have visited the Gallivant before for a drink and food but we decided to book a Christmas Eve night away very last minute. It couldn't have been a better decision. The staff both on the phone and in person were fabulous. Everyone there always seems to be smiling and welcoming; genuinely friendly. The rain stopped and the sun shone to allow us a lovely walk on the beach. The food both for dinner and then for breakfast was delicious, beautifully presented and great quality. The room even though their most basic was spacious and lovely. We will definitely be back.....

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We have been to The Gallivant twice before on day trips from Brighton and love it's ambiance and character. The food is amazing and everything is done with the best intentions.

This Christmas we were looking for a Christmas trip away from home, this was a perfect trip away for us. From adjusting their Christmas package to fit our itinerary to the last interaction we had a wonderful time.

Highlights included: the Christmas card and personalised welcome letter in our room, the delivery of mulled wine and mince pies from the GM, great service and food at dinner, being allowed to take our cheese board to the bedroom and enjoy it later in the evening, the present from Father Christmas under the tree (!) and the amazing Christmas meal.

Everybody was there to ensure you had a nice stay and even though we were there for a short time, we felt very welcome.

The hotel and surrounding area is beautiful even on a scrotty morning - we were sad to leave, and can't wait for our next trip!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

What a treat,we went to celebrate our wedding anniversary.probably the only reason to visit Camber except for the beach but you are just down the road from Rye which is very quaint. From the minute we arrived we were made very welcome. We did the Sunday lunch special with overnight stay and breakfast which was just as amazing as the fantastic Sunday lunch and trust me I am a food critic wannabe and I could not fault the food here so big well done to the chef!
Staff all very helpful and pleasant. Room beautiful and comfy huge bed (room 8). Loved the Noble Isle toiletries can't wait to purchase some! Hubby loved the fact the bar did some great beers which is often his complaint in hotels.
Good walking beach over the road ,bought back many childhood memories spent on Camber beach.
If I had to find fault I should have queried the service charge on my bill ( just under £6) but I didn't notice until in the car and quite honestly I had such a nice time I felt the extra was ok (just bit naughty of them maybe).
Can't wait to return though.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple